Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caddycruiser

The REAL Lincoln MKS, on the street in black

34 posts in this topic

Yes, once again, but a little clearer in spots.

Looks quite spiffy, I must say, and finally a properly suited level of body lines and accent details...that could, and should, go across the Lincoln line and finally give them a cohesive theme.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/04/spy-sho...-filming-again/

But, we shall see.

Edited by caddycruiser

Yes, once again, but a little clearer in spots.

Looks quite spiffy, I must say, and finally a properly suited level of body lines and accent details...that could, and should, go across the Lincoln line and finally give them a cohesive theme.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/04/spy-sho...-filming-again/

But, we shall see.

I had originally pooh-poohed the MKS as being bland and “not enough” to revive Lincoln’s flagging fortunes.

Looking at these shots, I think I might have been very wrong. This is one sharp and sophisticated looking vehicle once you see the side proportions correctly. Like recent Cadillac designs, it is free of the bangle style rear-end styling that seems to have plagued everything coming out of Japan and Germany as of late. It’s not as dramatic or distinctive as Cadillac’s offerings, but it definitely is recognizable as a Lincoln while looking much more upscale than its processors.

Being FWD, this car will never be on my list, but I could see it doing very well in the snow-belt states and with people who don’t give a hoot about performance beyond the basics. Now if Lincoln could just flush the Town Car and produce a modern large RWD car, they might have a competitive lineup.

-Mak

08 FE3 CTS on order (GM where the F is my car?!)

From what I can see I think it actually looks really sharp!

When do we get to see official photos of this thing?

Blah, an Acura TL with Olds+Mercury grill and Kia Amanti taillights.

Wow, that's surprisingly dynamic and elegant. I'm not a fan of the huge Lincoln badge on the side.

these photos are better than the previous ones and makes me think it's not so bad.

I don't think this competes for the same crowd as the CTS but Lincoln may score with this with those who want a cushy cruiser that blends in with the Asian cruisers a bit.

looking at it closer I can see that they did a lot of work with the details that makes a huge difference. The head and tail lights remain their general shape but are differently sized which helps the overall proportions, and the details on the doors eliminate the slab sidedness of the concept. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Looks like it could be a good ES competitor...

Looks like it could be a good ES competitor...

Sadly that isn't saying a whole lot. Lincoln doesn't wanna try sometimes it seems like.

I think this is going to do well for Lincoln. Could the exterior be better? Yeah, but it's by no means bad or anything. It has a stately, corporate appearance and the clean lines harken back to Lincoln of the past. It looks fairly muscular too...much improved from the chunky looking one at the auto show.

I'm not big on those taillights, but I like the rest.

It looks somewhat sophisticated and better than almost anything else Lincoln has (I like the MKZ better). I just think Ford and Lincoln can do better, though.

I just think Ford and Lincoln can do better, though.

duh

Posted Image

The concept is 6 years old and STILL looks fresh enough to produce and is certainly less derivative than this MKS

Edited by Oldsmoboi

It looks somewhat sophisticated and better than almost anything else Lincoln has (I like the MKZ better). I just think Ford and Lincoln can do better, though.

I wholeheartedly agree.

<yawn> It's a shame what's happened to Lincoln. This won't set the world ablaze, but its better than that damn Mark LT.

Looks good, but Lincoln deserves more.

I like it. I'm kinda sad that (1) it looks less like the concept and (2) it's not already here.

Sucks not to have funds...

I'm not big on those taillights, but I like the rest.

fortunately tailights are a pretty easy redo.

I think it looks great except for the taillights. I know that the Maserati Quattroporte was probably the inspiration, but they still remind me of a couple of Kia products (which I'm sure wasn't the inspiration). I don't see it as a deal breaker for the product, but I think it is unfortunate.

I hope this car is enough of a hit that it helps Ford with its turnaround effort. I think it is an admirable effort as far as trying to keep the corporation afloat and surviving.

The only problem I have with the car is if Ford Corporation would have restructured its U.S. brands correctly, this should have been Mercury's flagship sedan. Mercury should be offering upscale products on Ford's platforms (especially the front wheel drive platforms) with unique exterior/interior styling and features. Lincoln should be offering true luxury vehicles built around a dedicated set of rear wheel drive components. Lincoln is still playing in Mercury's sand box.

Edited by cire

G6 grille meets Civic headlights? Come on Lincoln, are you even trying anymore?

Its a modern-day Lincoln. I say we should all be counting our lucky stars that its as far removed as it is from its platform mates.

I'm just saying a Lincoln should be bold and ostentatious. When someone drives up in a Lincoln, you should think "WOW! A Lincoln!", not "That doesn't look like my regular airport shuttle."

Hasn't Lincoln always been more 'understated'? Cadillac is bold, aggressive, WOW.. Lincoln is sophisticated.

Well... ideally I suppose.

Hasn't Lincoln always been more 'understated'? Cadillac is bold, aggressive, WOW.. Lincoln is sophisticated.

Well... ideally I suppose.

Yes...case in point, 1961 Lincoln vs. 1961 Cadillac. The '61-69 Continentals were the styling high point for Lincoln, IMHO...clean, elegant... 'old money' kind of cars, not flashy but subtle.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0