Burns

Cadillac STS Concept

26 posts in this topic

I must say Cadillac is fast becoming my favorite car brand (currently it's second behind BMW). The brand just has so much potential, especially with their design language. The new CTS is a nice example, but what about something even better?

Well I tried:

sketch:

Posted Image

early in stage:

Posted Image

Final:

Posted Image

This was painted in photoshop, with sketch as underlay. Only the wheels and logo are copy/paste!

Note: If you have a lower resolution monitor, the reflections may look a bit too prominent, if this is the case, please let me know!

This car will slot above the current STS, taking on the big boys. I hope you like!

Wow. Exceptional. Frontpage Showcase for sure!

Great effort, but the nose screams "Acura" to me. Maybe if it were a little less pronounced...

Edited by Supremus

That's pretty cool, Burns.

That is flingin flangin awesome! Great work!

That is one of the best concepts I have seen, both professional and dabbler designers.

Very good work.

side and rear profile. you have taken the theme and put some more science [angularity]. it looks great i wonder what it would look on a real car.

This is brilliant. How very talented you are! Gorgeous!

but umm...

it looks a lil bit cute. kinda like the mazda 6 in the headlights area. the ng sts is gonna be a heck of a car to design. the cts is just pure badass, and the sts is gonna have to take that to a whole nother level.

This shrunken would be an amazingly great bls/bts, but no dice for me on the STS thing.

This is brilliant. How very talented you are! Gorgeous!

but umm...

it looks a lil bit cute. kinda like the mazda 6 in the headlights area. the ng sts is gonna be a heck of a car to design. the cts is just pure badass, and the sts is gonna have to take that to a whole nother level.

This shrunken would be an amazingly great bls/bts, but no dice for me on the STS thing.

Hmmm well I want this car to compete against the S-class, LS, 7 series etc... and looking at the vehicles in that class, they are not particularly aggressive. They are very understated, classy looking cars, and not overdone. I think this competes well with those!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Well here's the final version, I was gonna do more sketches but I wasn't in the mood, so only rear view for now:

Posted Image

Well here's the final version, I was gonna do more sketches but I wasn't in the mood, so only rear view for now:

Posted Image

3 words.

I want one!

Quite Simply Beautiful. Your conception embodies the 'mark of excellence'.

the aggressive stance of that car is great but rear seat head room will be bad or the passenger will be sunk down int a bath tub feeling seat.

Great potential for a real life concept that just needs a few tweaks for production. Is that v shaped bar in the lower nose a light bar?

I will say the rear end and taillamp shapes are promising. It seems Cadillac cannot get away from the locked in look of appyling variatons of the last generation Eldorado taillamps which are uninteresting, oversimplistic, too upright and boxed-end stodgy. There has to be a way to modernize the classic Cadillac taillamp hallmark and have it look fresh and interesting.

One of the nicest Cadillac hallmarks is having the beveled pointed peak in the decklid and rear bumper. This is executed in an excellent way in this rendering.

Edited by watchdevil

the aggressive stance of that car is great but rear seat head room will be bad or the passenger will be sunk down int a bath tub feeling seat.

Great potential for a real life concept that just needs a few tweaks for production. Is that v shaped bar in the lower nose a light bar?

yep, it's a light bar, to further emphasize the V. This is why the front end looks the way it does:

Posted Image

It just keeps getting better the more pics I see of it. Great work! Someone at GM needs to give you a job.

I will say the rear end and taillamp shapes are promising. It seems Cadillac cannot get away from the locked in look of appyling variatons of the last generation Eldorado taillamps which are uninteresting, oversimplistic, too upright and boxed-end stodgy. There has to be a way to modernize the classic Cadillac taillamp hallmark and have it look fresh and interesting.

One of the nicest Cadillac hallmarks is having the beveled pointed peak in the decklid and rear bumper. This is executed in an excellent way in this rendering.

Have you not seen the rear of the new CTS at night? I would say they are a very modernized version of the classic Cadillac taillamps and are very interesting.

I also like your Concept Burns, I especially like the way you've done the front lighting in the bumper!

Edited by HUMVEE

Very fluent, sexy, A&S design. Great job!

Gotta say, Burns, you got your bars up.

I love how you're developing your concept!

I have a suggestion: how about a more coupe-like profile? For lack of a better comparison, think about it as A&S applied to the Mercedes CLS 4-door coupe concept.

Edited by ZL-1

One of the best drawings/renders you have done to date there Burns !!!!...well done.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor