Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1957 and 1959 Oldsmobile commercials

11 posts in this topic

That thing just gliiiides down the road, unperturbed.:)

OMG if they were to build a playground like that today there would be marches on Washington to tear it down. "Think of the CHildren!"

I feel for you 98, to long for your brand so much with the only consolation being, watching old Youtube videos of it. I have feeling in the near future you won't be alone. :AH-HA_wink:

P.S. If I had the power to make that decision then, Oldsmobile would have stayed and Saturn would have been history.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I LOVE the 57 Fiesta wagon...that chrome bar across the doors must have been great on a hot August day with your sleeves rolled up - it would practically sizzle your arm!

And I thought the same thing about the playground - Holy Safety concerns Batman!!!

I feel for you 98, to long for your brand so much with the only consolation being, watching old Youtube videos of it. I have feeling in the near future you won't be alone. :AH-HA_wink:

P.S. If I had the power to make that decision then, Oldsmobile would have stayed and Saturn would have been history.

I really hope that doesn't happen because my dad's a Pontiac man and he's an ornery cuss when he's upset about something :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

I really hope that doesn't happen because my dad's a Pontiac man and he's an ornery cuss when he's upset about something :AH-HA_wink:

I think your dad and I have the same feelings when it comes to Pontiac, but the Pontiac we remember from the 60's and 70's that were made in North America is sadly disappearing. Pontiac is not really Pontiac anymore.

Tell him I am switching to Cadillac, he should too.

I can't see him switching to Cadillac... My grandfather is a Cadillac man (Funny he's only been able to afford one once)... he sees Cadillac as excessive and wasteful... he's lightly positive towards Buick and Chev, and thinks Saturn=Communism... and being a police officer in the 1970s... you can guess how he feels about communism. He may yet prop up Pontiac with the purchase of a Torrent or GP. He doesn't want a Dustbuster to be his last memory of his favourite brand.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0