More Real Life G8 Photos

The orange is very nice, but I'd still rather have that car in the gray which I think is the best color for it. But it's such a good looking car that color doesn't really make a difference. I was a bit worried about the hood scoops back when I saw the first pictures, but they look a lot better than I thought they would. I really hope this car is the one to truly revive my favorite marque, and I think it will be.

I have decided I do like the scoops now that I have seen them on the real car but I do with they were or had ligitimate function.

This car will be a hit!! I can't wait to see what follows with the new Pontiac line.

Are the new wheels 18 or 19 inch on the oange/red GT?

Also check out the ad in the new Automobile of the new G8. It is title the Return of the Great One.

Looks pretty good in these pics, thanks for posting. I like the blue. Those wheels look a bit plain, I prefer the full 5-spokers in the "Return of the Great One" ad.

:blink: Was that a somewhat positive review on the G8 from 'blu baby? :o

I agree and I think the g8 would look nice with your gto's rims.

I was just about to say... im wondering if the G8 wheels will fit on the GTO's. If they come out with some other designs i might consider switching.

Blah...

I think it looks best in grey but those hood scoops and the bland design don't go well together, IMO. Looks like it's trying too hard.

I am going to be honest here. I don't like the Pontiacification of this car. The front end doesn't match well with the rest of the lines. It has a pinched in look. Pontiac deserves better, and so does Holden in this case. I call it like I see it.

Blah X 100...

I'll even go as far as to say that the latest GTO looked better than this.

The orange KILLS whatever sophistication the design had in the first place and those wheels are atrocious. I kept thinking I'd seen them before and then I remembered. The Ion has a similar design with the lego block center cap.

The G8, so far, seems to be about as exciting as shredded wheat. I certainly hope I'm in the minority because I want the car and Pontiac to succeed. The dynamics will no doubt be there, but the look seems to be back in the 90's

Funny, this car seems to have more personality than the other Holden import (GTO/Monaro)...but DAMN, it's one of the most hot cars to come from Pontiac in a long time (I think I can safely say that) if not all of GM (save the Solstice/Sky)

I WANT ONE !!!

... The orange KILLS whatever sophistication the design had in the first place and those wheels are atrocious. I kept thinking I'd seen them before and then I remembered. The Ion has a similar design with the lego block center cap.

The G8, so far, seems to be about as exciting as shredded wheat. I certainly hope I'm in the minority because I want the car and Pontiac to succeed. ...

I must say that I agree with you. I have bought only Pontiacs since 1978. It is about time to replace my 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp-G. I want my next car to be a Pontiac. However, this rebadged Holden does not speak to me. Still, I may get one, but only as a transition to its Canadian-built successor.

Agreed, the orange is hideous...I don't know why alot of us Americans have been down on the Holden styling, it's been highly successful in Australia for a number of years hasn't it? Now the GTO I could understand about, because that was an awesome muscle car back in the late 60s and early 70s, it had a reputation to live up to. This G8, on the otherhand, it's a brand new model (for the US) so it's got an opportunity to develop a rep of its own. I would imagine once it gets to N.A. manufacturing that it would be more cost-effective for GM and hopefully they'd pass a little bit of those savings down to the consumer or at least its employees (GMS). Hell, GM is apparently GIVING away cars for perfect attendance to their auto workers!

Blah X 100...

I'll even go as far as to say that the latest GTO looked better than this.

The orange KILLS whatever sophistication the design had in the first place and those wheels are atrocious. I kept thinking I'd seen them before and then I remembered. The Ion has a similar design with the lego block center cap.

The G8, so far, seems to be about as exciting as shredded wheat. I certainly hope I'm in the minority because I want the car and Pontiac to succeed. The dynamics will no doubt be there, but the look seems to be back in the 90's

HEY!!! Shredded Wheat can be VERY exciting when it hits you just after you passed the "Next Rest Stop 30 Miles" sign!

And you guys who said the front looks pinched on the G8...I see it now as well. Hope it is better in person.

I personally think the G8 that the site: http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/revitalization/pontiacria/ has are far better looking and I hope that is the kind of styling it will have. The pics that is widely availiable such as the ones that are posted here are just simply downright ugly. I still don't like the look of the G8, even the one that the above link has and prefer the former Bonneville 100 times more, and I absolutely hate the current GTO like interior that the G8 has, but oh well.....

Agreed, the orange is hideous...I don't know why alot of us Americans have been down on the Holden styling, it's been highly successful in Australia for a number of years hasn't it?

Yes, but that's Holden styling...I think the few Americans that actually care about Pontiac styling want them more flashy and gaudy like the Grand Am was, or the current Grand Prix.

I like the G8 styling, but it (and the late GTO) are the only Pontiacs in decades I've found interesting..

Thanks for the pics. Finally colors other than red. The blue looks great, even the gray looks alright, although silver would be better.

I've come to like the design of the G8 because it's a nice evolution of the Grand Prix- which I find to be an attractive and unique car. Love those wheels, again, a reminder of the GP GT wheels.

But seeing it here next to a Cobalt (!) shows the design problems: low beltline or too tall windows that makes it look like an 80s car. Nasty round window tops/ ceiling that looks like a Saturn S-series, or some other antiquated car. Weird C-pillar/rear window, horrible tail lamps that belong on an Impala. Hideous chrome framing the windows and grille- Pontiacs need no chrome! Why on earth the cheesy turn signal on the fender? The Aussie version doesn't have it. It should have been left integrated into the headlamps like the VE and GP.

The last Bonneville in GXP form was taut, muscular, and distinctly Pontiac. I think that is what people are saying. If it looked like it did (hell, even in old SSEi form) with RWD proportions and a V8 from the get-go, it would still be here today.

The G8, the GTO and the Solstice are the only post-Firebird Pontiacs I care about - so far.

In fact, except for the Firebird, you have to go back decades to find a pre-04 GTO Pontiac that matters a damn to me.

I hope the days of FWD Pontiacs comes to a decisive end sooner rather than later.

Pontiac's journey since GM's misguided "FWD for everycar" edict started in 1979: from distinctively (yes, sometimes to their detriment) styled cars hamstrung with corporate FWD chassis to invisibly bland cars with fantastic RWD driving dynamics... Pontiac fans are, sadly, always left wanting. A shame.