GM trademarks 'Vapor'

GM Trademarks 'Vapor'
Link to Original Article @ Trademark.com

On November 5, 2007, American auto company General Motors Corporation filed to protect the trademark Vapor in relation to “motor land vehicles, namely automobiles, sport utility vehicles, trucks and vans”.

A quick search doesn’t connect the name “Vapor” with any specific GM brand or GM concept car. So, Mork will have to post an update when one of these names comes onto his tradar:

Buick Vapor
Cadillac Vapor
Chevrolet Vapor
GMC Vapor
Hummer Vapor
Pontiac Vapor
Saturn Vapor

GM Trademarks 'Vapor'

On November 5, 2007, American auto company General Motors Corporation filed to protect the trademark Vapor in relation to “motor land vehicles, namely automobiles, sport utility vehicles, trucks and vans”.

A quick search doesn’t connect the name “Vapor” with any specific GM brand or GM concept car. So, Mork will have to post an update when one of these names comes onto his tradar:

Buick Vapor

Cadillac Vapor

Chevrolet Vapor

GMC Vapor

Hummer Vapor

Pontiac Vapor

Saturn Vapor

Interesting...... :scratchchin:

I'm leaning toward Chevrolet on this one.... They've been advertising and declaring "Gas Friendly to Gas Free: Fuel Efficiency, E85 Ethanol, Hybrid, Electric, and Fuel Cell".

http://www.chevrolet.com/ Main page, don't even have to scroll down. That along with their Equinox test hydrogen cars... I think it will be them. Saturn is still too much of a niche brand, and GM will want the hydrogen to go mainstream as soon as the infastructure is there.... more sale, more money, less overhead. It'll be a Chevy.

Edited by SilvaChris1

I'm placing my early wager on a Saturnized Opel Flextreme with hydrogen fuel cells.

The University of Texas is running a 22 foot shuttle bus on hydrogen. The refueling station is fed with natural gas which is then "turned" into hydrogen solving a large part of the infrastructure question. Of course this is mostly a smoke stack pollution solution not a carbon solution.

GM Trademarks 'Vapor'

Buick Vapor

Cadillac Vapor

Chevrolet Vapor

Dodge Vaper

GMC Vapor

Hummer Vapor

Pontiac Vapor

Saturn Vapor

I was thinking maybe a production version of the Chevy Sequel. Since the electric car is Volt, why not have the Hydrogen car be Vapor?

Yeah, GM has been answering the bell pretty well lately, answering competitive products with good offerings of their own. Wouldn't surprise me to see GM answer Honda's production hydrogen car with a close-to-production hydrogen car of their own named Vapor. Also, they've been working on hydrogen for a while now with the concepts and the skateboard, so I think it isn't a question of capability, but one of economics, which GM has been thinking outside the box on lately.

I was thinking maybe a production version of the Chevy Sequel. Since the electric car is Volt, why not have the Hydrogen car be Vapor?

Hmmm, someone is paying good attention to how GM works! :)

Just be glad it is not into methane powered cars or it called the Fart.

Edited by hyperv6