haypops

It's all about me

7 posts in this topic

All this talk about bankruptcy, etc. is pretty discouraging. The poor workers, investerors, the dealers and their employees are facing an uncertain future. But as the title indicated this is all about me. I have almost $3000 in GM rebate (old gold card) in my account. Will GM take it away? When? What to do? I feel a colorado coming on.

Probably not. GM keeps a lot of customers loyal this way. They modified it two years ago to ease the pain a bit.

Probably not.  GM keeps a lot of customers loyal this way.  They modified it two years ago to ease the pain a bit.

[post="29207"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's good to know. Which pain did they ease 2 years ago?
Thanks

That's good to know. Which pain did they ease 2 years ago?
Thanks

[post="29273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i think what he means is that you're points only last a year, so if you spend so much, but you dont use the points, they dont just keep building... but i could be wrong...

Thanks for the response. I checked and my rebate last 7 years. There are several different cards, all with different prilevdges/advantages. I last redeemed "points" in June of 1999. Hopefully daughter #4 will be ready for her first new car by then.

Is the card not the same in the US as it is in Canada? I know here, GM card points expire after 3 years, and you can only redeem so many of them on certain vehicles. Sure, you could spend $3000... on a Suburban. A Colorado will only let you redeem about $1500.

The GM Card in Canada is different than in the U.S. A couple of years ago, GM reduced the 5% accumulation rate to 3% up there, but lifted the $500 annual limit. For those who have the original GM Card in the U.S., the 5% reward/$3500 cap over 7 years is a pretty sweet deal.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor