Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

LAIAS: 2008 Toyota Sequoia

Welcome to last week. Our '05 Equinox and '07 AURA both have that. What innovation! What's next, a CD/cassette deck?

If last week was 1997. Our old Regal GS had that mirror. Yeesh.

A Tundra by any other name is still a TRD. :AH-HA_wink: Edited by Dodgefan

:lol:

Our old 97 suburban had that.

If last week was 1997. Our old Regal GS had that mirror. Yeesh.

I'm guessing same mirror...

Looks like a pile of garbage. No offense intended towards piles of garbage, naturally.

This thing is ugly. If the Tundra was bad, this is worse. I hate it. They ruined the Highlander now the Sequoia (which the first gen Turd and Seq were okay looking actually!) This is what Toyota needs to do shot themselves in the foot.

I agree, this reminds me of some of the photos of the pre MCE Durango in silver. Specifically, this image:

Posted Image

That's what I was thinking too. I sort of looks like a Durango minus the attitude.

GM seems to have their styling edge back after a way too long break, now Toyota seems to be helping them by continuing to serve up bland to ugly designs.

All those pictures in the gallery showing it parked uphill make it look like it's sagging under its own weight. It is a big, soft blob... z put up a perfect comparison photo... a hippo.

Well it's exactly what I was expecting. A little late to the game in the large SUV race, now that people are buying them as much any more and opting form smaller cars. At first when you cover the front and rear lights, you see a hint of gmt 900, from the design of the doors, and the side profile. However I dont know what's wrong with it? Would the same negative reaction be if a domestic brand would come out with a truck that looked like this?

Well it's exactly what I was expecting. A little late to the game in the large SUV race, now that people are buying them as much any more and opting form smaller cars. At first when you cover the front and rear lights, you see a hint of gmt 900, from the design of the doors, and the side profile. However I dont know what's wrong with it? Would the same negative reaction be if a domestic brand would come out with a truck that looked like this?

Speaking for myself, yes. It's just an ugly design with disgusting budging head and tail lights.

Would the same negative reaction be if a domestic brand would come out with a truck that looked like this?

Since we're already comparing it to the Durango..... yes. Both cars are visual pigs. The sad thing is that the Sequiwhatsitsname is not even a pig, it's a wannabe pig inflated goat.

It will sell like crazy though...it's a Toyota after all.

My purely subjective ranking of large SUVs, based on looks:

1. Suburban

2. Yukon XL

3. Expedition - sort of

4. Armada

5. Durango

6. everyhing else :puke:

The only SUV Toyota makes that I would be caught dead in is the FJ Cruiser - and I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but at least it makes an attempt at looking different and interesting.

i'm sure it's very well engineered. it's not as good looking as the first generation, and that one in turn is not nearly as charming and chiseled as the current GMT 900s. it'll continue to be a second tier player in the sales race, but it might pick up quite a few buyers based on interior space/functionality.

Yes. Its called the Durango.

You're so full of crap.

i'm sure it's very well engineered. it's not as good looking as the first generation, and that one in turn is not nearly as charming and chiseled as the current GMT 900s. it'll continue to be a second tier player in the sales race, but it might pick up quite a few buyers based on interior space/functionality.

And lose quite a few for being based on the marginal Tundra.

And lose quite a few for being based on the marginal Tundra.

Actually, I think it'll lose sales because the "macho" look inherited from the Tundra will drive away female buyers/drivers. On the same hand, it might make up for some of those lost sales by drawing on males that want the look of a Tundra in an SUV.

Good point.

Yes. Its called the Durango.

You're so full of crap.

How am I full of crap? Is it blasphamy to say that a Toyo product actually kind of resembles a GM product a little bit? Or am I the only one who is seeing a little GMT 900's cues from the side profile?

They definately tried to emulate the Infiniti QX57, but this truck

is uglier than a bag of mashed a$$holes. It's got that "special

something" that only Toyota can pull off.... UGLY and BLAND.

I swear no other manufacturer can make me yawn while being

disgusted stylistically like Toyopet.

As far as Durango it's ugly as sin too... not quite THIS ugly though.

OMG that's ugly, and only makes the 900 SUVs look even better.

Agreed

Looks like a pile of $h! to me, bloated and ugly. The first generation was 100X better. I hope the sales suffer because of this, not that anyone bought the first gen anyway.