Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burns

Thought I'd Share

17 posts in this topic

Ok so I'm flipping through an old car mag, and I get to a picture of a red Pontiac Wave. So never having actually drawn a real car, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Therefore I used the pic as a reference (though it was in a completely different perspective) and drew this! Obviously some things are off like perhaps the proportions:

Posted Image

It was the most fun I've ever had drawing a car!

Despite the fact that the Wave is an abomination of all things that Pontiac is supposed to represent, that is a very clean, professional sketch. As usual, you did a great job!

Wish I could draw that good.... however; sculpting was my forte in art.

Thanks guys! Keeping with the theme of drawing real cars, here is a 3 series, and my first marker render ever. It sucks partly because I had nothing better than a Crayola marker and color pencil to work with:

Posted Image

Edited by Burns

You honestly don't think it sucks?

btw I updated it to include the shadow.

You have really come a long way Mr. Burns.

Your earlier car designs all seemed to have the same blobish look to them. Now, you are really getting some expressive/impressive color and detail.

I would recommend doing more sketches based on real cars as you did here.

It will help you nail down good proportion. I really loved your Cadillac STS design from the other thread BTW!

Oh, and you dont really need professional tools to do nice renderings. You prove that with the BMW.

I do alot of drawings with red and blue pens. :lol:

Thanks guys! Keeping with the theme of drawing real cars, here is a 3 series, and my first marker render ever. It sucks partly because I had nothing better than a Crayola marker and color pencil to work with:

Posted Image

I wish mine 'sucked' this bad LOL.

Great work, and I hope to get to this level, someday. -ketch

Please define "sucks."

I'll define sucks. These I call it sucks. no matter how hard I try, I just can't get it to look anywhere decent, and these are some of my recent drawings believe it or not. :angry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish I can draw half as good as you. I don't even bother try to color them since I know I am horrable in coloring these things, heck, they are not even worth it to be colorred, but I love your drawing. The first one just looks great(though the rear pillar kinda look like Aveo somewhat), and the second one looks better than any BMW's I've seen in the streets.

Good Work and keep it up. I would love to see some more work from you.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

just FYI, the reason the wave looks like an aveo is because it IS an aveo..

just like pontiac06 said, has no place at pontiac....

great drawing burns!

Oh so, Wave is like the Canadian, or some kinda non-US version for the Aveo? I never knew that.

and yeah, I agree, to me, G5 is bad enough, and daewoo does not have a place in Pontiac Line-up. The ill-fated Daewoo LeMans(remember?) tells you the whole story of crappy, trashy little car.

btw, I have a question. Is this the thread where I can post my drawings? I have quite a few, and I just want to post them for the heck of it? seems like people post their work here, so.... and my new site is just isn't populated enough so....

Thanks guys!

Diehard: To post your drawings it's better to create a new topic, rather than post them in this thread!

MAN YOURE GOOD AT DRAWING CARS AT AN ANGLE I CANT DO THAT I CAN DRAW CARS WITH A VIEW FROM THE SIDE BUT NOT FROM AN ANGLE.

i DRAW THIS CAR BUT I DRUW IT IN A SKETH PAD AND ITS KIND OF BIG SO I SCANNED IT BUT IT DIDNT FIT IN THE SCANNES SO I SCANNED IT IN TWO PARTS AND NOW I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT THEM TOGETHER JUST IMAGINE THEM AS IF IT WAS JUST ONE PIECE

ITS KIND OF A SATURN SKY REPLACEMENT.

post-5147-1196669148_thumb.jpg

post-5147-1196669173_thumb.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0