16 posts in this topic

Tampa International Auto Show
2009 Ford Flex
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

One of the oddities over the course of these two shows was this Ford Flex. Yeah, there was a Flex down in the bigger Miami show, but it was the same white-on-brown concept we've all seen, hence no photos. However, there was also a Flex here in Tampa and this definitely seemed production-ready with appropriate wheels and 'real world' interior configuration. Most peculiar was the total lack of interest - not but showgoers - but by Ford or whoever put together the display for them. The tailgate (where badging would presumably go) was up and there was zero indication of what the hell it was. Wouldn't you want to beat everyone's skull numb with what this car was? And being there two of the busiest days - Saturday and Sunday - there was no change in the display. Weird.

They're probably in the process of changing its name before production begins.

They're probably in the process of changing its name before production begins.

Hopefully Fairlane... or Country Squire :P

i really cannot come to grips with this vehicle, but i am intrigued by the packaging.

if i got one it'd have to be all black or all red or something.

i won't be able to judge this thing until i sit inside. the interior seems uninspired.

did this thing really look as big as a minivan or was it not much bigger than a taurus x?

It's on the same platform with similar length/width dimensions...the confusion might be that the original Fairlane showcar was shorter than the production version, changing the proportions and, IMO, making it much less attractive.

Looks like dog $h! to me whatever the name. A plus sized boat length Scion with Gillette Fusion up front. Is the next Rustang going to be a shaver too?

Dash may be decent from what I can see in the photo (for a Ford).

Edited by frogger

It's Deja vue all over again.

Posted Image

The first car I ever drove was a '61 Falcon (coupe)!

It was an old POS that my dad bought and re-did.

Looks like dog $h! to me whatever the name. A plus sized boat length Scion with Gillette Fusion up front. Is the next Rustang going to be a shaver too?

Dash may be decent from what I can see in the photo (for a Ford).

I can not understand why everyone hates the razor grille. It's leagues better than an oval shaped hole in the nose.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead