Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Avenger R/T Chop

12 posts in this topic

Well I originally planned to chop the Sebring but that car is such a disaster I just made it worse, so I turned my sights on the Avenger. I'd been meaning to chop both models anyway, and since both were chopped today, I figured I'd give it a go. So here ya go.

Original

Posted Image

Chop

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

I never noticed how much front overhang it had... Damn, that's almost W-body bad.

The changes work, but it doesn't feel like it's enough for me.

Looks good. Couldn't tell the difference until I laid them on top of each other. Much sportier.

I never noticed how much front overhang it had... Damn, that's almost W-body bad.

The changes work, but it doesn't feel like it's enough for me.

Yeah I didn't really notice how big the overhang was until I looked closely at its profile..it's like the put a bigger car body on the same Caliber wheelbase. I thought about messing more with the rear window/C-pillar.

Posted Image

Fixed (I think) the C-Pillar everyone hates so much...no more black plastic!

Edited by Dodgefan

Well I originally planned to chop the Sebring but that car is such a disaster I just made it worse, so I turned my sights on the Avenger. I'd been meaning to chop both models anyway, and since both were chopped today, I figured I'd give it a go. So here ya go.

Original

Posted Image

Chop

Posted Image

That is a great chop Dodgefan. Looks 100% better with that stance! Great work bud!

K.C.

nice.

but you stretched an Avenger, made it kinda RWD-y and lowered its roofline...

have you made a charger?

The actual length of the car hasn't changed at, just the wheel base. It does sort of have RWD proportion, but at the same same time it does have larger front overhang than the Charger. It's proportions are about the same as the new Malibu, which is a good thing. Yes I did stretch and lower the roofline a bit though, and I raised the beltline slightly. :AH-HA_wink:

That is a great chop Dodgefan. Looks 100% better with that stance! Great work bud!

K.C.

Thanks ^_^ Edited by Dodgefan

My only suggestion would be to do a chop with the rear door bodyline.... get rid of it maybe?

Your choppin work is pretty good though.

:thumbsup:

I think both the Sebring and the Charger have a little awkwardness in the rear door mostly. I'm no photoshop expert, but something like REMOVING the weird bodyline, along these lines, would be a big improvement..?

I think both the Sebring and the Charger have a little awkwardness in the rear door mostly. I'm no photoshop expert, but something like REMOVING the weird bodyline, along these lines, would be a big improvement..?

I see what you mean, that actually looks pretty good. Maybe I'll fine tune it and repost?

Much better.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0