Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt41

Chevrolet Chevette

10 posts in this topic

Cartoonish... not in good way...

Hey I like the Chevette, it was a tough little car and I still see them on the road today. They are like little tanks. And it was RWD with no ugly overhangs! :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Every cubic centimeter of the Chevette was ugly. What a sad little POS, with no redeeming virtues. Automotive hell is being forced to drive a diesel automatic Chevette for eternity.

Cartoonish... not in good way...

The reason it is so cartoony is becuase I had to 'Photocopy' it in photoshop to make the lines more visible, they were extremely light originally.

The reason it is so cartoony is becuase I had to 'Photocopy' it in photoshop to make the lines more visible, they were extremely light originally.

No, it's cartoony because the preportions are terrible. It's rediculiously tall, the wheels are gushy marshmallows, the perspective is off, and it's not looking good.

Try some overlays. Maybe some real cars, or other drawings.

You suffer from the same problems 206 does, that is you do not spend enough time on your drawings. Why would you post something that is so incomplete that the lines are still too light? Spend some time on the drawing, add the details, details are EXTREMELY important. By details I mean the lamps in the headlights, the mesh in the grill and vents, the chrome around the side glass, the rims etc...

I know you're eager to post, but spending just an extra 10 min or so putting the above things in would get you much more positive responses.

Chevrolet Chevette

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's sportier twin, Pontiac T-1000

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's lousy and laughable I know, and as you can tell, it's amaturistic at best and sloppy, but enjoy. I found these ancient drawings of mine that I did about an year ago(or was it?), all wrinkled in the bookself while I was cleaning it up, I tried to clean it a bit using GIMP, but didn't really come out any better.

I know I suck in drawing and I don't think it will improve anytime soon, but I love drawing in my spare time after work and weekends, so, I hope you don't mind the crudeness of them.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0