Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

2009 F-150 Uncovered!

17 posts in this topic

Pics at link

http://jalopnik.com/cars/detroit-auto-show...ered-324803.php

While we've already given you what you should expect from the new 2009 Ford F-150, and we've already even showed you a heavily cloaked new Toby Keith-powered truck, we've now got a real treat -- an opportunity to peel some more layers off the exterior. We must say that having an engineer or marketing maven driving around town in an almost completely undisguised 2009 Ford F-150's one way of getting yourself canned from the big blue oval -- talk about a "bold move." Unfortunately for whoever was driving the new mini-Super Chief-like prototype hauler from Ford, the sneaky spies from KGP were there to snap a quick shot or two for your viewing pleasure. While we're expecting to see this bad-boy Tonka-truck revealed officially at the Detroit Auto Show in January, we're still trying to figure out exactly what to expect underneath the newly-styled sheet metal that screams "Hi, I'm Dave." But hey, we do have KGP's unvarnished opinion in the spy report below the jump on the new sheet metal adorning Ford's cash cow -- so we guess there's that.

Edited by mustang84

Handsome, but not a home run either styling wise. It looks like they took the styling of the Super Chief and softened it with splashes of Escape.

Handsome, but not a home run either styling wise. It looks like they took the styling of the Super Chief and softened it with splashes of Escape.

I agree on the cues. It looks fine, but it's not groundbreaking or exciting. Probably doesn't need to be, though.

I agree on the cues. It looks fine, but it's not groundbreaking or exciting. Probably doesn't need to be, though.

Miles better than the Turd to say the least.

this is merely a reskin.

prob doesn't go far enough but at the same time I know i won't throw a camshaft in the f-150, i can stand on the tailgate, i won't get overly maimed because of an insufficient frame and the bed won't bounce.

i really hate this disturbing styling direction everyone is going adding way too much chrome to cars.

not every fkn vehicle needs chrome!

Edited by regfootball

The current F-150 is still so stylistically competitive that even if this was 'only' a MCU refresh, it's still head of the class. Frankly, the typical 'it's-2-yrs-old >< its-20-yrs-old looking' crowd won't be happy until we're back to the annual styling change/ planned obsolescence.

But after looking at these pics, I like the current one a bit better.

The Super Chief concept is pretty wild & unique, tho I have a hard time getting 'Pontiac Super Chief' out of my head when I hear the name. Maybe 'Ford F-250 Battering Ram' might be more appropriate: it looks like you could use it to demo buildings...

The current F-150 is still so stylistically competitive that even if this was 'only' a MCU refresh, it's still head of the class. Frankly, the typical 'it's-2-yrs-old >< its-20-yrs-old looking' crowd won't be happy until we're back to the annual styling change/ planned obsolescence.

But after looking at these pics, I like the current one a bit better.

The Super Chief concept is pretty wild & unique, tho I have a hard time getting 'Pontiac Super Chief' out of my head when I hear the name. Maybe 'Ford F-250 Battering Ram' might be more appropriate: it looks like you could use it to demo buildings...

The Super Chief would HAVE to have some two tone paint options..... just hafta...

Posted Image

Posted Image

At first glance, it reminded me of a cross between the GMC Sierra and a Lincoln Navigator. Anyone else see that?

Not sure if I like it better or not.It's not bad, but I'd say the current vehicle is basically perfect in terms of styling...handsome, clean, looks good from any angle, and ages well.

What it needs more than anything is some powertrain upgrades, because it's the bottom of the barrel right now in terms of power and gears...it's probably the slowest in class.

Interior looks nice...hope there's a center console option again.

I'm not a truck fan, but the current F series is the blandest looking of the full sizers, IMHO (and the Super Duty is disgusting looking from the front). The Silverado and Sierra are much nicer looking trucks inside and out, IMHO.

Meh...I think the current F150 looks better.

FORD! If you want to stay in business, you have to try HARDER!

They are... they're selling everything to Avis. They try harder too.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this either, but then again I wasn't real high on the new Silverado when it came out; it had to grow on me a bit. Plus, it's the functionality that makes a truck, not the styling.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0