Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What's on your Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanza list this year?

With the official start-of-holiday-shopping day known as "Black Friday" quickly approaching, what is everyone asking for this year? Due to our financial situation, we're concentrating less on adults (including ourselves) and more on making the Christmas holiday for the children in our family a nice one. Anyone hoping to get that one (or two or three or more!) special present? If so, what is it?

I'm going to go out on black friday and pick up as many DVDs and TV seasons that I can buy for a decent price. That is usually what I get my friends. I'll keep any of the extras I don't give away.

As for big gifts, no idea what I'm going to get my mother.

I am going to get my dad a Logitec Harmony Remote. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a remote that does EVERYTHING for you. And I mean everything. You just hit a button and everything turns on and goes to the proper settings. So instead of using 4 different remotes to be able to switch from TV to DVD, its one button. I got mine back in July and knew that is what I was getting my dad immediately. I bought it on eBay last week, so it should be here soon.

My sisters will probably just get cash. It's what they want most anyway, and the 5 year old sister will probably get something fun.

I asked my parents for an iPod touch. The old one is getting pretty wore out. We'll see if they come through. They still spoil me because of the younger sisters. I asked them for a nice set of pots and pans if nothing else. The set I have now, is a mismatched set from the 70s I believe with a few new pots thrown in here and there.

I always tells my mother "nothing" when she asks me what I want, which causes her some degree of angst.

Tee-hee.

This year I finally had a definite answer for her: Beer. She laughed and said 'I'm not going to buy you beer, that's like buying someone a quart of milk for x-mas.'

I tried to explain the gulf of difference between milk & beer, and mentioned how many people give hard liquor for the holidays, but for some reason she flat doesn't see it.

Gonna be a blue, dry X-mas....

Maybe I should ask for another 2 pound hunk of Schickhaus liverwurst like she got me when I was a kid.

I have pretty low-tech wants, eh?

Gonna order a custom-built aluminum radiator for my Buick- very exciting (and expensive). That'll undoubtedly be the highlight here.

The things I always search for---truth and meaning in an insane world. I know I'll never find them, but I keep on searching.. :)

But seriously, I don't need anything for xmas.... my sister was hinting at getting me a subscription to a wine-of-the-month club, which could be fun. I'd take a Fender Telecaster, though (she has one, still learning to play it).

From my mom and brother, I'll probably get DVDs.. (my brother one year got me a best of Ohio State football DVD, to rub it in since I went to Michigan and he went to Ohio State).

I just want to get the hell out of this semester with a decent blood-pressure. That'd be worth a decade's worth of Christmas' .

My family asked me to build them a 'Media Center PC' or "HTPC" for the living room; the one problem is that I know diddily squat about building computers. :(

A better job and the love of a good woman.

Well have I got the two-for-one of the day for you! I'm offering you Blackviper, our own Cory Wolfe, who is a job in itself. He will wear makeup from time to time upon request, let you wear the pants in the family, and as an added bonus, will let you work on the vehicles he can't fix on his own! Merry Christmas! :P

I just want to get the hell out of this semester with a decent blood-pressure. That'd be worth a decade's worth of Christmas' .

My family asked me to build them a 'Media Center PC' or "HTPC" for the living room; the one problem is that I know diddily squat about building computers. :(

the HTPC...people on here could help... but building it....not sure, unless someone else is building one and wants' to provide some pictures.

good times with family , friends , and as a late present, great primary results.

Well have I got the two-for-one of the day for you! I'm offering you Blackviper, our own Cory Wolfe, who is a job in itself. He will wear makeup from time to time upon request, let you wear the pants in the family, and as an added bonus, will let you work on the vehicles he can't fix on his own! Merry Christmas! :P

So I see you've learned to drink quite well at car college. :P

The commercial side: Metal band/GM brand tees, Camaro parts, parts to repair my violin, speakers for me Focus... And the list goes on.

The important side: Just some time off and time well spent with my friends and family. I've had a rough semester of class, work, Relay For Life and travel. It'll be nice to relax a bit and recharge.

An out-of-this-world gift for me would be for GM/GMC to let me play with the 2000 GMC Terradyne concept truck, or even just see it and sit in it if a ride is out of the question. I haven't seen this truck in 7 years now, but it still tops my list as my favorite concept vehicle to date. That would be the ultimate present for me. And being that my birthday is on the 23rd, I wouldn't even mind combining the two (birthday & Christmas presents) and giving me this as one BIG gift :lol:

An out-of-this-world gift for me would be for GM/GMC to let me play with the 2000 GMC Terradyne concept truck, or even just see it and sit in it if a ride is out of the question. I haven't seen this truck in 7 years now, but it still tops my list as my favorite concept vehicle to date. That would be the ultimate present for me. And being that my birthday is on the 23rd, I wouldn't even mind combining the two (birthday & Christmas presents) and giving me this as one BIG gift :lol:

Hint... PCS... Hint

Naw, PCS already helped me out earlier this year. :thumbsup:

Again, it's a pipe dream and unless I was on my deathbed and the "Make A Wish" foundation was granting me my last wish, seeing and touching the Terradyne in person is very unlikely to happen. :(

What you asked for was not a big deal. It was my pleasure to help! :AH-HA_wink:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/naias/terra_naias.html

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S