Oh Beast, Wherever May You Be?

Cory Wolfe

It's certainly not my driveway... Oh no, it's far from here. In fact, it's in the middle of the woods... It just didn't make it home in one piece.

...f@#king flat tires. :P

This is the second one on a set of perfectly good tires, atleast, good enough to have passed inspection. This time, I didn't have a spare tire, since, it's in use from the flat I had a month ago. As per my wish list, new tires are in order. And, well, I have to work tomorrow morning. This is going to be interesting. Shopping... on black friday... for tires. Then... getting the Beast... and putting the new tires on... all before work. Granted, I don't think my Mom works, so I could just get a ride to work. My Dad may not either and might be doing the tire shopping and installing.

Cheap cars... You gotta love 'em. I think it's time I try getting a car that requires payments. I don't need anymore cars requiring TLC. My Millenia did me extremely well until minor needs met a random problem and the money needed to put into it wasn't there. But, I'm beginning to think I can't take these chances. I need to get a car that can be trusted right off the lot (or driveway, if from a private party). Whether or not I can actually afford that is another story. Sure, I have a job now, but it's minimum wage with hours that fluctuate sharply. I might not have a choice in the matter. The Beast, despite starting off as a good deal, is turning into a real money pit. After tires are purchased, the total amount invested will rise above $1000. I don't think I can justify putting anymore money into it. The real irony in all this is, however, that the amount we've invested is more than what I would have needed to put my Millenia back on the road... and the carburetor and alternator problems haven't been fixed yet.

You know, I guess I just have to laugh at it all. *shakes head* f@#king cars. I should just move to NYC with my friend. No more worries. :D

what were you doing in the woods that you now have more than one flat tire?

Haha... you took that too literal. Basically, I was driving home from being at my Grandparent's for Thanksgiving when I felt that a tire was flat, pulled over while in the middle of the woods, and confirmed the flat. If you remember, about a month ago, I got another flat. Basically, I was out of spare tires, so the Beast had to be left there. I was going for an overly dramatic introduction. :wink:

Why not just put the money towards fixing the Millenia then? IF you do that then add soem tires that don't, you know, suck, it should be good to go right?

It's not that simple. My point with the costs equaling each other was the total investment thus far... meaning, the cost of the Cutlass and everything that's gone into it since. Granted, the cost of the vehicle itself equaled the distributor... but, I'm not the one that refused to put money into the Millenia and wanted to buy a cheap car. I wonder if my dad realizes how the costs have worked themselves out. I wonder if any of the Millenia detractors here even realize it... :P

Anyways, I do have two new tires now. Well, one, anyways. I didn't have time to put the other one on with work and all. They're snow tires, too, so I needn't worry about getting stuck in situations where I wouldn't have gotten stuck, in, say, my Millenia. I haven't been able to see how much of a difference they make, yet. Currently, only one of them is on, as I said, and it's on the right front. Didn't help me much when I was leaving Bilo and the rear end refused to connect with the ever so slightly snow covered road. I never paid much attention to those icy bridge warnings until now.

BV:

With all due respect you sir are an blockhead.

You bitch and moan when people tell you that

you come off as an idiot but yet you volunteer

info all the time that proves that you

constantly dodge personal responsibility and

blame everyone/thing but yourself for the

problems YOU create.

So now you're blaming your CAR for a flat tire

that you got as a result of driving through the

woods with it and f***ig off?

C'mon dude, I've done stupid things a million

times in my cars but I do not go blaming a

car for a flat tire. That's assenine.

You need to grow up.... if you're hurting

financially do NOT go beating up your car &

risking extra, unneccessary repairs. And if

you DO, don't blame a car for GIVING ITSELF

a flat tire. Get real.

You put a "snow" tire on the front of a RWD car? Uh... wth... :huh:

XP715 & SP will find this funny because we know a guy who put

two new tires on the FRONT of a RWD car for the winter. Same

dope who, a year later, said he sold his 1989 Grand Prix Turbo

because it sucked in the snow.... probbably installed a pair of

blizzaks on the rear end that time....

You put a "snow" tire on the front of a RWD car? Uh... wth... :huh:

Did you miss the part about I had to be at work? The flat tire was on the right front... I didn't have time to switch all the tires around. I did today.

BV:

With all due respect you sir are an blockhead.

You bitch and moan when people tell you that

you come off as an idiot but yet you volunteer

info all the time that proves that you

constantly dodge personal responsibility and

blame everyone/thing but yourself for the

problems YOU create.

So now you're blaming your CAR for a flat tire

that you got as a result of driving through the

woods with it and f***ig off?

C'mon dude, I've done stupid things a million

times in my cars but I do not go blaming a

car for a flat tire. That's assenine.

You need to grow up.... if you're hurting

financially do NOT go beating up your car &

risking extra, unneccessary repairs. And if

you DO, don't blame a car for GIVING ITSELF

a flat tire. Get real.

XP715 & SP will find this funny because we know a guy who put

two new tires on the FRONT of a RWD car for the winter. Same

dope who, a year later, said he sold his 1989 Grand Prix Turbo

because it sucked in the snow.... probbably installed a pair of

blizzaks on the rear end that time....

Haha... Sixty8, get a life... You have no idea what you're even talking about. :lol:

Where am I blaming the car for the flat tire? Where? Where did I say I was driving through the woods? Where? READ YOU f@#kING IDIOTIC HYPOCRITE!!!! READ!!!!!

I'm not the one coming off as the idiot and I have no problems with taking responsibility for my actions. Was I f@#king off? No... I don't think so. You're the one who told me you whip a car around at WOP going 30 mph to do burnouts. I'm the one who's beating up on my cars? No... I don't think so. From what you've posted, you treat your vehicles with much less care than I do. That is for sure.

And people wonder why I find C&G less enjoyable day after day. Well, Sir, it's retards like you. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

You two have been at each other's throats for months now. I wish it would stop. Yes, I realize I've had my differences with a few members in the past, but every member has a right to be here if they are contributing something to the site. Both of you have been here forever. Rodney King.

In my opinion, no, not this time. But read his thread about his grandmother's horrible death, and maybe you'll know where he's at right now. Also, he said in his post that he's not perfect either. I don't think he's ever claimed to be.

A lot of the older guys here can relate to where you're at in your life now, Viper, because they've been there. And that leads to caring for you and your trials, hoping for the best. We're all trying to help you in our own way.

You've tried a car that was reasonably affordable but had a bad engine. You've tried a car with expensive replacement parts that was running on borrowed time due to high mileage (not a knock on Mazda, but it is a machine, they all break sometime), and you've tried a much older car that is cheap to maintain, but needs a lot of little things to make it reliable as a daily driver.

I agree it is time to try something different, if you can manage it.

In my opinion, no, not this time. But read his thread about his grandmother's horrible death, and maybe you'll know where he's at right now. Also, he said in his post that he's not perfect either. I don't think he's ever claimed to be.

A lot of the older guys here can relate to where you're at in your life now, Viper, because they've been there. And that leads to caring for you and your trials, hoping for the best. We're all trying to help you in our own way.

You've tried a car that was reasonably affordable but had a bad engine. You've tried a car with expensive replacement parts that was running on borrowed time due to high mileage (not a knock on Mazda, but it is a machine, they all break sometime), and you've tried a much older car that is cheap to maintain, but needs a lot of little things to make it reliable as a daily driver.

I agree with ocn on this one.

Both 68 and BV have stuff going on in their lives..so a little understanding goes a long way.... :yes:

I myself am going though a rough patch, so I can understand both of you guys....

Blackviper, I totally understand where you are coming from. I have not had a nice time the last two years myself (2006-2007). I have pressed onward and forward daily. Nothing really has gone right, I have learned a bunch of hard lessons in the process. I know how frustrating it can be. Just remember I went through two Toronados before I got this right one. I wanted to save the yellow one, but I could not save it. I had to cut my losses, and let it go and as you see, I got a good one.

I understand about all of the other bad stuff. You have experienced a loss, and you have been going through on so many levels. I have to. I know how you feel. I look forward to a better 2008, and remain optimistic about that fact.

Do not let anyone steal your peace. I find writing what is on my mind therapeutic too. I cannot control the actions of others, but you cannot let them or what they say dictate your mood or mindset.

I really have to keep the right mindset this time of year because the holidays are hard for me.

You hold your head up, find a good GM car or fix that Cutlass and move forward.

Thanks.

And BV, my advice to you is pick one of the cars and make it right.

Then unload the others.

The idea I did have was to fix up the Millenia enough to sell it at a reasonable price. A distributor and tires ought to do it, the rest the next buyer can take care of. With that money and perhaps a loan, I'd get something else. The Cutlass, well, it's technically not mine to get rid of even if I wanted to. I never claimed it as mine and certainly didn't pay for it. It'll probably stay in the family as an extra car regardless of what I do in the future. My dad and I talked about fixing it up into a semi-show car... but not as long as it's being driven daily.

Wait a mullet! BV you still have the GA?

Nope. It's been gone since May or June.

Blackviper, I totally understand where you are coming from. I have not had a nice time the last two years myself (2006-2007). I have pressed onward and forward daily. Nothing really has gone right, I have learned a bunch of hard lessons in the process. I know how frustrating it can be. Just remember I went through two Toronados before I got this right one. I wanted to save the yellow one, but I could not save it. I had to cut my losses, and let it go and as you see, I got a good one.

I understand about all of the other bad stuff. You have experienced a loss, and you have been going through on so many levels. I have to. I know how you feel. I look forward to a better 2008, and remain optimistic about that fact.

Do not let anyone steal your peace. I find writing what is on my mind therapeutic too. I cannot control the actions of others, but you cannot let them or what they say dictate your mood or mindset.

I really have to keep the right mindset this time of year because the holidays are hard for me.

You hold your head up, find a good GM car or fix that Cutlass and move forward.

Thanks, as well.

Too bad. With the money that you spent so far on the Cutlass you could have fixed the Mazda. While I am much more of a fan of the Oldsmobile than the Mazda I can see where you are coming from. A word to the wise based on experience with older GM cars. Usually they are reliable in the fact that they will not let you down or strand you on the side of the road. But never buy one of these expecting to just drive it and not have to spend money on the things like an alternator,water pump, etc. Thats the lay of the land. I guess I do it both ways with having 2 old GMs and one new one. My plus with the 2 old ones is that I knew the history when I aquired them both and I knew that problems they were noted for. the 200-4R transmission that is on the Bonneville and your Cutlass is a bad one. I had mine rebuilt with 103,000 on it because it started buzzing and making strange noises. The 700-R4 in the Caprice is better but mine was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. It is now at 118,000 miles. The engines are perfect in both. Good luck blackviper in whatever you do.

Maybe for him that might be a better choice. Still I guess dont understand why he spent the money to buy the Cutlass when that same amount likely could have bought the distributer for the Mazda. Much though as I like the old ones, I like having a new one to fall back on if the s--t hits the fan or we get a really severe spell in the winter. The Equinox is so much easier to deal with when it is -10 and/or snowing and blowing.

Um, guys... the Cutlass is not Viper's, it's his parents'. He just drives it. He can't sell someone else's car. Plus, it would be a fun car to have for weekend drives to local shows and cruises.

I agree with Viper on fixing the Milennia and selling it, and putting that money, plus hopefully a loan, toward something reliable with lower mileage he can drive every day. He will have to work all the hours he can and please his bosses to make it work, but I'm sure he knows that.

OKAY.... so please do explain why you MUST drive through the woods in a car?

Just like you had your reasons before as to why riding the ATV at night w/out headlights is funny. :rolleyes:

Um, guys... the Cutlass is not Viper's, it's his parents'. He just drives it. He can't sell someone else's car. Plus, it would be a fun car to have for weekend drives to local shows and cruises.

I agree with Viper on fixing the Milennia and selling it, and putting that money, plus hopefully a loan, toward something reliable with lower mileage he can drive every day. He will have to work all the hours he can and please his bosses to make it work, but I'm sure he knows that.

I realize that, but perhaps he can reason with his parents about the amount of money spent on this Cutlass they bought as opposed to fixing the Mazda would equal up to fixing the Mazda, so selling it and fixing the Millenia would give BV a reliable car again without problems that keep croping up.

I don't thin he needs to sell the Mazda, because as far as I can recall it was problem free besides some cosmetic stuff and the crappy tires. Fix it for less than teh cost of a new car, and have a good, reliable vehicle again.

Just like you had your reasons before as to why riding the ATV at night w/out headlights is funny. :rolleyes:

I think, though I could be wrong, he meant driving down a road that cuts through the woods (rural area).

Easy. The road... you know... those paved things... it goes through the woods frequently around here. The chances of a road not going through the woods is low. In short, I was driving along, on the road, when I felt like I had a flat tire. I pulled over, coincidentally in the middle of a patch of woods, and confirmed the flat. I had no spare tire since it was already in use, and I had to leave the Cutlass along side the road, in the woods. I already explained this in a previous post, hence my reaction.

I must apologize for going off on you like I did, though. I can only take so much of the seemingly constant false accusations, putting of words in my mouth, and the overall bad attitude directed towards myself. I honestly don't understand what I've done or said to justify any of that. Some of you guys seem to have these odd ideals of what and who I am and base your posts on that, blindly, without actually giving me a chance. It gets tiring and is the one thing that I cannot handle with reason. I've learned to laugh alot of things off and put up many walls... but that one thing still gets to me.

I realize that, but perhaps he can reason with his parents about the amount of money spent on this Cutlass they bought as opposed to fixing the Mazda would equal up to fixing the Mazda, so selling it and fixing the Millenia would give BV a reliable car again without problems that keep croping up.

I don't thin he needs to sell the Mazda, because as far as I can recall it was problem free besides some cosmetic stuff and the crappy tires. Fix it for less than teh cost of a new car, and have a good, reliable vehicle again.

True, and that was my plan for a long time, but, I'd like to try something new. I'd like to have a car that I needn't worry about. My Millenia was pretty good at that, and probably will be once more, but there will always be that slight chance something could go wrong. It's been a great car to me, and yet, it's still not perfect. It does have 175k miles after all. Plus, we do need to keep some sort of back up vehicle. As you know, our luck with vehicles has been anything but good lately. The Sunfire is still on the verge of blowing up, the Millenia is need of a repair, the Ranger is still in pieces, and the F-250 isn't even ours. The Cutlass, while also far from perfect, serves as something to drive when there's no other vehicle that can be used. Aaaaaand we'd lose money on it, having put nearly $900 into it and counting. I doubt we could sell it for much more than we bought it for unless one of the C&Ger's bought it who stated how good of a deal it was. :P