YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Croc

I sooooooo hated that. They let the clock run down. So we started to rush the field and they make us turn back. USC won fair and square, but what a bunch of garbage. This is it for USC, they dynasty ends now. From here on it's all about the Gold and Blue. Charlie Weis is a genius...and God is on our side too, so that helps. -E.S. Mail

I think Reggie Bush won the Heismen in this game. He had like 16 carries for 189 yards (I think?) and three TDs. That first TD run was amazing the moves he made as well. On a side note, I hate Charlie Weis... when he was in the NFL the Patriots' games were never actually fun to watch except when there were under two minutes to go, and the game tonight really wasn't that exciting except for the final 3 minutes. His game calling took all the fun out of the game, I would have liked to see him open things up a bit more rather than short run after short run after short run. However, I do give him credit for keeping the game close... if he did open things up ND probably would have gotten walloped. Anyways, I thought SC showed they were by far the better team. Like I said, Weis's game calling took the fun out of the game somewhat and the way he called the game is what kept it close. Sure, it was a close game, but SC had the ball half as much as ND (timewise) and still managed to win.

Yeah, ND's strategy was to hog the ball, and it ended up being their downfall. Reggie Bush is one hell of a player, and he better win the Heisman. Frankly, Leinert is a bit overrated, and I even noted last season that Bush was the better player IMO because whenever Lienert wasn't at his best, one could count on Bush to pick up the slack and win it. Bush is crazy. He comes out of nowhere and just hustles. The way he hurdles over players is insane and makes for great TV. He is the most exciting player to watch by far. What I wanna know is...was it luck or damn quick thinking on Lienert's part to hurl the ball out with 7 seconds remaining. That's the only reason we won. NBCs commentators were right: this was a chess game. As far as the dynasty ending this year? I'm not too sure about that. We have a lot of talent still, and you never know who we might get for next season. That said, I'm just thinking about this season and another gathering at BW3s to watch another title win ;) BTW Lance, were you there? Edited by Croc

Yeah, I was there, in the student section, so that's why I was really disappointed when we started rushing the field and they told us we would be penalized if we didn't get off. I was like, okay well why did you let the clock run out? I mean, I saw the ball go out of bounds; everything was called fairly, but man...way to toy with our emotions... Still it was a great game, and kudos to you guys. -E.S. Mail

Yeah... well Penn State lost to Mighican in the very last second. Damn them... :P

[post="29427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:) :) :) WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! YEAH YEAH!!

That was the so sweet that pass for the tuochdown.

I love College football its so much better then pro because they play all out!!

A few weeks ago, when Notre Dame was visiting Washington to play the Huskies, Charlie Weis visited an young boy named Montana (named after the former college and pro football great, Joe Montana) who was dying of brain cancer. The report I read said that the boy joked around with Weis about his loss to MSU, and that reminded Weis of his own son. The short of it is, Weis decided to let Montana call the first play in the Washington game. Montana said, "pass right." Unfortunately, he died before the game, and never saw what transpired. In the game, Notre Dame stopped Washington after a long drive that took them to the ND 1 yard line. ND forced a fumble. Backed up to their own 1 yard line, any coach knows that you have to run the ball to get some sort of cushon, or you risk a safety. Weis knew this, and so did Montana's mom. Weis called pass right. The pass was made to the right, and I believe that it was Anthony Fassano who made the catch seven yards down the field, lept over a defender and ran six yards to make it a 13 yard pass and a first down for the Irish. The game ball was taken, signed by all the members of the team, and given to Montana's family. I cannot understand why anyone would not like Charlie Weis. This is the type of man he is. He gets choked up when he thinks or talks about this event, and it took a bit of digging for the media to find out about it. Say what you want about his style of coaching. Bottom line about Charlie Weis: he gets the job done, and somewhere a young boy named Montana is smiling. -E.S. Mail

Wow, that's really touching. I don't care for his coaching style as it makes the games very slow with little excitement, but I do agree that it gets the job done. USC had to work their butts off for today's win, and it was due to Weis's coaching. Very strategic. Edited by Croc

I don't usually care for USC (sorry Croc), but I love to watch their football team win. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the end of the game, but did get to read it happen in all its glory... on yahoo's gamechannel. <_<

I don't usually care for USC (sorry Croc), but I love to watch their football team win.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the end of the game, but did get to read it happen in all its glory... on yahoo's gamechannel.  <_<

[post="29563"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's OK...many of the stereotypes have more than a grain of truth to em. Edited by Croc

It's OK...many of the stereotypes have more than a grain of truth to em.

[post="29597"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

hehe... I don't like them because 1) they didn't give me $$ to go there, which turned out to be a good thing because 2) I think their Engineering program produces garbage. But... I totally forgot about the stereotypes :lol:

hehe... I don't like them because 1) they didn't give me $$ to go there, which turned out to be a good thing because 2) I think their Engineering program produces garbage.  But... I totally forgot about the stereotypes  :lol:

[post="29602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha don't hate on Viterbi...

Where'd you end up going?

Haha don't hate on Viterbi...

Where'd you end up going?

[post="29608"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cal Poly Pomona... and I am glad I did.

It was waaaayyy cheaper then any UC, and of course USC. And, the education and training I received doesn't even compare to those other schools (at least in Engineering). Well... at least I can compare my undergrad experience to that of the UC undergrad since I get to be their TA, and mine wins!

My biggest class size for a major course was 25 students. I knew all my profs, and they all knew me. We did hands on, real world work. etc.

Glad you enjoyed it. I love the large lectures at USC because no one notices if you don't show up for class. Those small 25-person classes pretty much force you to go to class. Plus, larger lectures tend to have better curves :) I can't imagine not going to a big school...it's just so much fun!

I can't imagine not going to a big school...it's just so much fun!

[post="29620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that is the one thing I really missed out on. Cal Poly didn't even have a football team <_<

And, Cal Poly was more of a commuter school, so campus usually dead after hours.