Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

LEAKED LS9 PICTURES!!!!

chevygonemad

i have to say, the whole intake setup (manifold/blower/intercooler assembly) seems to be so well packaged.. i wish more detail could be seen..

I was wrong about how much plastic is there, but it appears GM made the top of the intercooler look like the plastic ribbing that sits above it. So it's possible to take off the plastic and the shiny metal with the blue "LS9 Supercharged" lettering still showing through the polyurethane top the hood is going to have. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by deftonesfan867

i too grow tired of the plastic covers but at least they integrated this one and made it useful. face it though, if there were still multi carb setups and flashy air intake systems hoods would be up all the time... alas that ended in the 70's i guess. man thats one tight power plant though... wonder when the crate version will be out heh heh

Edited by cletus8269

Does it produce 700hp+ naturally aspirated yet?

Oh, and in case you forgot what the engine sounded like -- remember who brought you the first video of the Corvette ZR1 -- that's right, who loves ya, baby?

Lol @ their video. All I heard was road and cabin noise.

I doubt that. The LS7 is hand built and blue printed. I'm pretty sure this has basically the same bottom end (a little modified for compression and such though) as the LS3 and probably won't be hand built. Parts sharing cuts cost, so does building it on an assembly line. I don't see this one costing any more, if not much more, than the LS7.

I doubt that. The LS7 is hand built and blue printed. I'm pretty sure this has basically the same bottom end (a little modified for compression and such though) as the LS3 and probably won't be hand built. Parts sharing cuts cost, so does building it on an assembly line. I don't see this one costing any more, if not much more, than the LS7.

The LS9 is going to be hand built...

found a nice pic of the blower:

after seeing this i would definatley ditch the plastic cover if this is what would be shining underneath!

Posted Image

Agreed, the black plastic is unnecessary, and I'm sure it will be the first mod for many ZR1s.

found a nice pic of the blower:

after seeing this i would definatley ditch the plastic cover if this is what would be shining underneath!

Posted Image

Part of me agrees, but if the plastic shroud also had noise canceling insulation then I am all for keeping it. I like the noise to only come from the tail pipe and everything else to be nice and quite. :P

No Honda talk in this thread - it's blasphemous. :AH-HA_wink:

Yeah who brought that up? Looks like we need a good ol' fashioned inquisition!

Every time I say something about a GM product, people instantly assume I'm comparing it to a Honda, which I am not. :]

Honda doesn't have anything even close to the Corvette engines yet... (well except for the engine in the car in my sig. hehe)

And they are fine engines.

Why does it have such big rear tires? CRXs are FWD... wouldn't the front tires need to be the big ones so it could get good traction... those rear ones would just add unneeded weight.

:P

That is a 5.7L in there, longitudinally mounted. About the only thing left CRX on that thing is the shell. :AH-HA_wink:

I would be afraid to drive it. Such a short wheelbase, it'll probably flip or spin really easily when full throttle.

Imagine the power to weight ratio with a S/C 6.2L. The engine and tires probably weigh more than the rest of it!

• 3 weeks later...
That is a 5.7L in there, longitudinally mounted. About the only thing left CRX on that thing is the shell. :AH-HA_wink:

I would be afraid to drive it. Such a short wheelbase, it'll probably flip or spin really easily when full throttle.

Imagine the power to weight ratio with a S/C 6.2L. The engine and tires probably weigh more than the rest of it!

Naw, people drive AMC Gremlins (not Pacers) which came from the factory with a V8 and then they modded them out, they aren't too much bigger than a VW OLD Beetle (of course it was heavier), heard one guy got his running in the 7's with the original motor and the rest of the car intact (not stripped to a shell), they may be ugly as an Aztec but they could go when built right.

Edited by Fletch Radford