Be careful out there, friends

ocnblu

Sorry Blu. I really am. I definately know how you feel, but I don't REALLY love my Suburban as much as you love that Sierra. To me, my Subarban is just a tool, but I know that pickup means much more to you. That is probably why I wasn't too shaken up after my run in. I hope that she gets back to you as good as new.

I have yet to get any ASTRA brochures from my Saturn dealership Blu, so consider yourself lucky that you got something! And if you're really considering the ASTRA (or at least wishing for a test drive), check the PM I'm about to send you!

Because you're not concerned about the frame repair, and almost all other work needed is bolt-on, I too wouldn't be concerned about driving it again. I thought I'd have a hard time driving the SKY after being hit in the driver's door, but I didn't (and I realize your accident was much more harsh, but if you love your truck it won't matter as much as you think it will). And don't feel guilty about wanting to continue driving it... it's not like it's a 3500HD Crew Cab Dually 4x4! For it being a one-person daily driver, you're fine. Enjoy the heck out of it if that's what you like (and just know that when I eventually get mine, it will be a crew cab that will likely have 1.5 peope per day in it).

BTW, you haven't said if you're driving a rental, and if you are, what it is.

My boss is graciously allowing me to use a vehicle until the truck is fixed. I am happy and thankful not to have to deal with my insurance company's restrictive rental car policy (rental days based on estimate repair hours, with no regard to waiting for parts.)

However, it's an '07 Taurus. Ew. But it is wheels, it is better than walking.

My primary concern is the frame, which, in my experience with our laser-guided frame machines, can be completely pulled back into proper position. Everything else is a bolt-on replacement, except for the hood and door, which has been noted.

At least, that's my "professional" opinion. And it's true. My emotional perception is another matter... yes, the event keeps traveling through my mind. It will stick with me for a while. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when I get back in that driver's seat. Time will tell, I guess.

Another thing I have to think about is how this will affect my insurance premiums. The dust hasn't officially settled yet.

Once again I'm very sorry that this happened to you `blu your poor truck looks like it's seen better days, but as long as you can straighten the frame, like it seems that you can, it should be fine...it's not like it was severely deformed...but I'm no pro at that sort of thing.

Best of luck getting her fixed up!

When I got behind the wheel I remember having some anxiety the first time or two, but I got over it. I purposely avoided the area where I was hit for a while though. These days I glance behind me while stopped more often to see that the vehicle behind me is actually coming to a stop too. I've also developed a hatred for large trucks.

When I asked for an ASTRA brochure this afternoon, the little Saturn greeter chick came back with a salesperson and a tiny fold-out card with info. I had to ask a second time for the price list.

All I wanted was a stinkin' brochure, not a pitch. Everyone was polite, however.

Please don't take this as an indication one way or another. I love that truck... but I also feel guilty sometimes driving it, unloaded, by myself, daily. Who knows, maybe I hit my head in the impact.

I hear ya. For a no-pressure sales environment, they are pretty damn pushy.