mustang84

Apparently the Reflex and Bronco are a go

16 posts in this topic

Info courtesy of Igor

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-stop/5...tml#post6338615

he resurrection of Puma and the reinvention of Bronco has been rumored for a long time - but until now these rumors were faint and weak, and more hopeful than actually possessing information of these vehicles coming.

Well that just changed. I had an older source mentioning "Fiesta Truck" to me - and today - I got a much more definitive claim: Ford launched two new small car projects in its Derborn offices - a "Puma Replacement" and "Fiesta SUV" we can call them what they truly are: Reflex and Bronco. There is not much else known at this point - no timeline, no anything - but the very existence of these two projects is a great move - these two cars will create 2 very attractive niche vehicles in the overly utilitarian or ugly (scion) B-segment in US.

This is on top of the fact that the US version of the Verve concept is to sport much stronger resemblance to the Reflex than the EU and Chinese Verve concepts.

I will dig for more - Ron - feel free to re-post this on th B-segment forums.

Personally, I love the Reflex...finally a small car that doesn't look like a blob (the Verve isn't bad, but I like the Reflex much more). If Ford does in fact decide to base the new B-car on the Reflex styling rather than Verve, I hope they keep it fairly true to the concept.

Reflex concept

Posted Image

Bronco concept

Posted Image

Verve concept

Posted Image

Ford Puma

Posted Image

Edited by mustang84

Since Ford has created excitement about future products only to release mediocre production vehicles in the past, I will hold back my excitement on this news until I see actual production versions that live up to the hype.

my family has owned dozens of broncos over the years.. i love them!

but i think the bronco concept is ugly as sin.. i love the fact its a two door suv (which is a completly absent product in todays market...) but i bet if it was produced, it may be a 4 door... one of my favorite features was the removable top...

Posted Image\

I too loved the Reflex and it could be a hit. The Bronco would make a great competitor to the Jeep Patriot. Hopefully there won't be too many compromises made on these concepts, but something tells me there will be.

If Ford puts the Bronco name on a Fiesta-based crossover, they'll be just as stupid as Jeep. The Bronco Concept is way cool, imo, and should be a tough, traditional, truck-based SUV, like the first-gen it draws from.

The Reflex would make a cool EXP reincarnation. The Verve is gorgeous, and should be our Fiesta with a minimum of changes done for production.

I am one of the few who likes the new NA Focus, but the Verve blows it out of the water.

I like the idea of a Puma/Reflex, and small cheap coupes in general (Scirocco, anyone?), so it's a shame they sell in so low numbers.

The Bronco looks nice - it's almost like a Land Rover (aka Defender, not the recent plush stuff) for the urban jungle.

reflux?

OJ have a deal set to plug the bronco?

Only if Al Cowlings can drive. :ohyeah:

I like the bronco. Not sure how much of a market there is for it, but it's kinda neat.

Can you say "FJ Cruiser competitor?"

And Ford should hold off the Bronco name for a chassis that can suit a vehicle more like the concept.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor