2010 Lacrosse spied again

Chris_Doane

That care is big... it's definitely intended to fill the spot of the current LaCrosse and Lucerne in Buick's line-up.

14 months until production. Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

I am in total agreement. I noticed how big it looks from the side. That is at least 195-196 inches. The midsection is where most of the length is on that vehicle.

I am in total agreement. I noticed how big it looks from the side. That is at least 195-196 inches. The midsection is where most of the length is on that vehicle.

It's on EpII, so how big could it be? I would assume it'll be the size of today's Aura/'Bu but witha much wider track, which has been the weakness of the current Ep since intro.

That could belong to any carmaker. I suppose the grille will make it a Buick.

exactly. and that's what is most disappointing.

nobody asked GM to design a car to *look* like Lexus, but just to make a car that possesses some of those cars' better traits...i.e. quiet solid ride, quiet technically advanced powertrain that delivers refined performance, some good handling traits like a planted feel better steering feel than old Buicks, a great interior design theme with great materials....

but this car's side looks like an exact replica of Lexus' current design theme. Snore. This is not going to wake anybody up to Buick's new presence in the luxury world, like Enclave is doing.

With a luxury car today, you need to car a distinct path of what you're trying to say. The only thing this car distinctly says so far is generic.

exactly. and that's what is most disappointing.

nobody asked GM to design a car to *look* like Lexus, but just to make a car that possesses some of those cars' better traits...i.e. quiet solid ride, quiet technically advanced powertrain that delivers refined performance, some good handling traits like a planted feel better steering feel than old Buicks, a great interior design theme with great materials....

but this car's side looks like an exact replica of Lexus' current design theme. Snore. This is not going to wake anybody up to Buick's new presence in the luxury world, like Enclave is doing.

With a luxury car today, you need to car a distinct path of what you're trying to say. The only thing this car distinctly says so far is generic.

You must have never heard of cladding.

cladding isn't necessarily good design sense.

if you're referring to the cladding at the bottom of the door, that's not enough to move the sides of this car away from being innocuous.

GM is hiding this car very well in my opinion. Under all of that camouflage is a car which shares the Enclave design theme.GM needs to hide all of its soon to come out cars like this. :yes:

• 1 month later...
From what I was told the production model looks like a dressed up Acura TL with an Enclave nose.

Those sound like upscale elements, but I thought the Riviera Concept foreshadowed what the new LaCrosse will look like, and that the Riviera Concept had Buick's future worldwide face.

I also heard they are going to release this car in China first as the Invicta

While the name Invicta has a sentimental appeal to me, that doesn't make sense. Doing so would mean too many similar models in Buick's China line-up. What would become of the Chinese LaCrosse? What would become of the Chinese Regal?

I believe the Chinese Regal and Chinese LaCrosse will be replaced by this vehicle.

If the Zeta Buick has indeed been canceled, it may be a wise decision to rename the EPSII-based vehicle something entirely different (Invicta) allowing Buick to reposition it outside of the current LaCrosse/Lucerne structure. The EPSII may be Buick's only sedan until an Alpha-based or Delta-based Buick arrives.

If the "Invicta" is on the LWB EPSII platform, it shouldn't have a problem filling the shoes of both the LaCrosse & Lucerne.

We'll have to wait and see.

• 1 month later...

It looks like a typical boring generic Lexus with it's usual misplaced chrome molding at the bottom of the door where it does no good and is all but useless. Word to GM: send it back to the styling studio and come up with Buick expressive styling and not Lexus clone boring genric!!!!!

I believe the Chinese Regal and Chinese LaCrosse will be replaced by this vehicle.

If the Zeta Buick has indeed been canceled, it may be a wise decision to rename the EPSII-based vehicle something entirely different (Invicta) allowing Buick to reposition it outside of the current LaCrosse/Lucerne structure. The EPSII may be Buick's only sedan until an Alpha-based or Delta-based Buick arrives.

If the "Invicta" is on the LWB EPSII platform, it shouldn't have a problem filling the shoes of both the LaCrosse & Lucerne.

We'll have to wait and see.

if your idea comes true... it'll have to have quite a wide price range / appeal factor. it'd be possible though...?