NEW 2009 CTS-V!!!!

HUMVEE

Front-end is fine and I actually like that the grille follows the earlier Art & Science proportions in this execution as it's consistent with earlier A&S Cadillac’s (such as the XLR). It also leaves room for the GIANT AL GORE HEAD EATING air dam.

Also how awesome are the Peter-Built sized exhaust pipes and HOLY CRAP, the Brembo's are bigger than the rims on my Mini!

-Mak

08 CTS FE3 with six on the floor.

Edited by makfu

That's because technically you weren't:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...st&p=346681

Good, glad someone was paying attention. Sheesh, I can't believe you actually went looking.....Ok, I'll re-phrase, I can't believe I'm the first to start a new thread about this. Better? Whatever, now I know why I don't post much here. I still say it should be front page news. Wonder what's up with that?

Hot, subtle, bold and very Cadillac like. (good continuation of A&S)

As far as the mesh grille, as they said it helps to feed oxygen to the

car's engine, radiator & intercooler but the best thing about it is how

it pays homage to the V-16 Grand Touring cars that bitch-slapped

the entire luxury car world back in the 1930s.

I really want my thoughts to be heard! from the other thread....

I'm in love.

Though a couple of the effects I'm not in love with on the standard CTS are highlighted more because of the side skirts, namely the extreme beltline rise, the uninventive slash just below the doors to seperate the monotony, and the C-pillar that echoes STS.

but that face is simply beautiful and mean.

AND KUDOS on the detailing seperating the V from the standard. The lines/slashes next to the fog lights, all that extra definition, and the new depth to the face, the effect of it screaming out at you more than the standard are awesome, and needed, and the side skirts help. The standard car's profile will rise even more thanks to this. They can go even further with this package to make it less of a garage shop job, but they went farther then I expected. Look at GM surpassing my expectations.

there was an article recently at edmunds that asked the questions why V-series sales were in the dumper. this car will prove exactly why. along with the entry price and screaming performance buyers in this price/performance ambition stratosphere are looking for real exclusivity when it comes to LOOKS. The car needs to look like a balls out performance machine. and this thing just dunked it in that department.

Edited by turbo200

.......and it's probably such a deal! What, $80,000.00 maybe, for a CADILLAC? Give me a *@&% break. Love GM, extremely happy for Cadillac, great looking car, Car of the Year! But for cryin' out loud - it's just a fast sedan. I can see the leasing commercial now: Only $629.00 a month, $3,925.00 due at signing....it's a car, not a condo.....it should be priced like one. I'd rather have a good example of a classic for probably 1/3 or 1/4 of what this thing will cost........

post-3309-1197063815_thumb.jpg

Good, glad someone was paying attention. Sheesh, I can't believe you actually went looking.....Ok, I'll re-phrase, I can't believe I'm the first to start a new thread about this. Better? Whatever, now I know why I don't post much here. I still say it should be front page news. Wonder what's up with that?

I didn't go looking, I saw it last night in the first thread before this thread was started. Once this one was started I wondered why a second one was needed, but didn't feel compelled to point it out until you made a big deal about being the first one to post about it.

I like the base car's front end more, even with the plastic grille. The V-series grille is too small in the top part and too huge at the bottom part, it looks odd. The body moldings on the front/side look a little plasticy. The last generation V-series was a better transition from the base car, it looked more aggressive and sporty but with subtle changes so it didn't look tacky. The Lexus IS-F looks tacky, this is borderline.

This car looks downward sloping from rear to front, I am not a fan of the high trunk and low hood, or the bulge in the hood either. It doesn't look as elegant as other cars in that price range. I hope everyone doesn't compare it to the M5 also.

Edited by smk4565

I like the base car's front end more, even with the plastic grille. The V-series grille is too small in the top part and too huge at the bottom part, it looks odd. The body moldings on the front/side look a little plasticy. The last generation V-series was a better transition from the base car, it looked more aggressive and sporty but with subtle changes so it didn't look tacky. The Lexus IS-F looks tacky, this is borderline.

This car looks downward sloping from rear to front, I am not a fan of the high trunk and low hood, or the bulge in the hood either. It doesn't look as elegant as other cars in that price range. I hope everyone doesn't compare it to the M5 also.

You have to be kidding. The body moldings look plasticky? Do you really think the body moldings on a M3 or M5 are any less plasticky?

I think at least a couple of pictures over-exaggerate the rear-to-front slope. Look at how much closer to the ground the front end is in some pictures than others... it's obvious it is under heavy breaking in a couple of those, the front end is almost touching the ground!

As for the hood, the M3 has one, I don't see much difference...

the side view of the car doesnt make the rake of it that steep to me, no more than my aunts honda accord and that things booty is stuck way out in the air. its the sport version, the angle makes it look good, along with the hood bulge, if a blower were sticking out id say its a little much but its subtle enough and looke like it belongs there. itll have to be there if its got a sc 6.2 in it for the hood clearance just like the zr1

Edited by cletus8269

From seeing the CTS in person, I think the trunk looks high and thick, which makes the hood look lower and gives the downward slope which I am not a fan of. I think the old car was better proportioned in that regard, but I like the bigger grille (just wish it wasn't plastic) and new lights on the 08 model.

I think AMG does the best job of not making a luxury car look tacky or like something form The Fast and The Furious, Lexus does the worst job of it with that IS-F, that is all plastic tacked on junk like a 90s Pontiac. The CTS-V molding isn't bad, but it could be better.

I wonder how fast this thing is, and how heavy.

can you say......DISAPPOINTMENT/ LET DOWN?

Did they get the skirt from a ricer mag?

That skirt, from front to back, is out of control!

This was also my initial impression. I do not care for what they did with the front end. I would've liked to see them incorporate the CTS's front into a V-style, kinda like the SEMA CTS rather than slap on the previous CTS-V's front end with a bumper that would look fitting as an aftermarket kit for a Japanese car...

It is growing on me a little, but I think it could've been done better.

Why not? Surely you don't think this car has the M3, C63, RS4, and IS-F on its radar...

Well it will probably be priced against them, but too big and heavy to run with them. The M5 has a lot more equipment/features inside and a 40 valve engine which may be getting twin turbos added to it in 2 years. Perhaps the CTS-V should be compared to the STS-V, that is it's closest rival.

Well it will probably be priced against them, but too big and heavy to run with them. The M5 has a lot more equipment/features inside and a 40 valve engine which may be getting twin turbos added to it in 2 years. Perhaps the CTS-V should be compared to the STS-V, that is it's closest rival.

wasnt that discussion covered pretty heavily in the cts coty thread?

The M5 is obviously the target for the CTS-V. If you believe anything to the contrary, you are fooling yourself. The nature of the car speaks for itself and Caddy has other plans for a 3 series competitor.

Cadillac better cut some weight and get a better transmission and interior then. The M5 is 4012 pounds and has 7 gears. Plus a new M5 is going to have more aluminum and carbon fiber to cut weight, and a rumored 600+ hp twin turbo V10. The 5-series is getting an 8 speed automatic, not sure what the M5 will get, it might stay 7.

The CTS isn't equipped to match up with that car, I wish it was, but it isn't right now. I'd like to see a 35 mpg CTS soon too. The 535d (on sale in Europe, coming here soon) beats an Aveo or Camry hybrid in gas mileage, while equaling the CTS DI's 0-60 time, Cadillac has to get to work on high mileage vehicles as well.

I think they could do a great BTS, but it is taking an awfully long time, and I don't know if they will make the BTS interior better than the 08 CTS interior, while offering better than XLR performance with the mid-level and V engines.

Edited by smk4565

What a future M5 will have doesn't matter right now, if it matters at all. The CTS-V is the luxury car equivalent to the Zo6, the best bang for the buck in its segment. If the CTS-V bests the performance of a same model year M5 ever, it is a big bonus to that formula rather than a requirement.

Fuel-efficient Caddies are a nicety , not a marketing requirement.

enough with the rumors, how about now, in the next production year or so? how do they stack up? 7th and 8th gear is for top speed, serves what purpose. 200mph where you going to see that? 1320 is where my hearts at, how do they stack up there, what is the capabilities between the cones? send em around the ring or something. i dont really have expertise here because these cars are well out of my price range and i dont even consider them but i think that if this thing has a sc ls motor its going to scream. so what if the beamer is lighter, a better tuned suspension could help the caddy out. its going to have more torque to me that = hole shot, and at 82 grand i mean the price diff can amount to all kinds of hi-po goodies. the car is going to rock, i wouldnt be shocked to see it outdo the 5