2009 Dodge Ram

BigPontiac

Yes, this looks quite polished, and less garish than the current--although still cool to me--has gotten.

Plus, as rumored and even seen here, should have several cool items that make it unique. Coil spring rear suspension for 1/2 ton models, the locking bedside boxes (seen in the picture), etc. As long as they also have the drivetrains properly updated AND the interior can match the exterior's polish...good stuff.

Keeps the Dodge look, but more refined. Really intrigued by that "slip" of it being posted on the 2008 Ram accessories site...almost TOO easy, and more like an on purpose sneak peak for those who happen to look there. Visually much more appealing--to me--than the pleasant, but almost so bland it hurts (and awkward, in many Chevy models...that front...) GM's, which are kind of the Camry of the truck market visually. The new Ford will be getting questionable too, with the new chrome bar face kinda mashed onto a largely current gen body...so Tundra and Ram will continue as my favorite lookers.

Of course...everyone likes something different :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser

Umm, am I the only one that thinks its 100% clear that this is a photoshop? Look how fake the headlights look, look how weird the bumper looks (specifically the left side where it connects to the painted part). There are also some oddities in the paint (right in front of the first front door cutline), and the headlight on the left side clearly is more curved on the top than the one on the right. I would be very surprised if this was the real deal.

It's not bad, I sort of like it.. but it's like the current one and the Tundra were thrown into a blender and then melted. The Ram keeps going downhill in terms of looks. The original 1994 design is the best looking to my eyes, and still one of the best looking trucks of all time. Same with the previous Dakota and Durango.

Umm, am I the only one that thinks its 100% clear that this is a photoshop? Look how fake the headlights look, look how weird the bumper looks (specifically the left side where it connects to the painted part). There are also some oddities in the paint (right in front of the first front door cutline), and the headlight on the left side clearly is more curved on the top than the one on the right. I would be very surprised if this was the real deal.

I think you're right looking at it more closely...the bumper looks messed up (smudged) on the left side.

It's not a photochop.

Well in that case, the picture quality is terrible.

I personally don't like it much. It looks like its from the late 90's/early 2000s to me. It's better than the current one I suppose, but I'd take a T900 or F-150 over it in the looks department.

Looking good, agressive! ...but I too would have liked a bit more change, this is very subtle.

Awesome. Looks almost Mustang-inspired.

And if it were a Tundra, it would be a marked improvement (but only in looks).

Looks nothing like the Mustang for me.

Mind you, I find the Tundra to be one of the WORST styled pickups on the market, anything made to look more like a Tundra is a step in the WRONG direction. For ANY fullsize truck.

Maybe it's a beer goggles thing?

:AH-HA_wink:

It's not a photochop.

Yes...especially since it CAME from a 2008 Dodge Ram accessories site :AH-HA_wink:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-dodge-ram/524480/full/

...which is now, finally, of course down...

Guest YellowJacket894

It's left me feeling cold, to say the least. I don't totally hate it, but I don't love it or praise it. It's frighteningly edging into Tundra country, and that's one place where you definitely do not want to drink the water.

I think the exterior design is a nice evolution of the iconic Ram styling that began with the 1994 model year. The Dodge Ram is by far the best looking and most recognizable truck in the full size pickup market today. I don't think the 2009 redesign needed to be a revolutionary change. Dodge just needed to update the details in the redesign, which I think they successfully accomplished here. I just hope they didn't stuff a cheap "Rubbermaid" quality interior into the redesigned truck; Chrysler LLC really needs to step up its efforts to improve interior design and material quality.

As far as the truck looking "Tundra-ish", could this be more because Toyota copied American domestic truck design in an attempt to make an impact on the full size truck segment? I think the reason that the similarities exist is because Toyota perfected the art of copying the domestics' designs more so than Dodge trying to emulate Toyota design. I think the full size truck segment is one area that Dodge definitely has no reason to try to imitate the appearance of its competitors.

Ram sales only became competitive when they updated the truck with the big mean grille. That's not to say that the appearance is what put it ahead of the Camry for a while, but I'm sure it helped.

What I'm trying to say (now that I've already submitted the post) is that this update is anything but big and mean. It's actually rather conservative.

Edited by aaaantoine