Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrewSwillis

The new K.I.T.T. is a Mustang GT500KR

15 posts in this topic

....and it looks riced out and tacky! I'm sure it's a direct result of the Fast and Furious ricer rage. I bet the car does alot of drifting in the new movie. {rolleyes}

It should have been the new Camaro! Oh well.....at least it's American! {thumbsup}

KITT%20Knight%20Rider%20Mustang.jpg

medium_2105851015_e9658b3fae_o.jpg

medium_2106631194_6a0b870221_o.jpg

UPDATE: Official press photos added in the gallery below and the shot above. Supposedly we'll have Cylon-like red lights in a video coming shortly. Also press release now below the jump. UPDATE 2: Now we have video here! The Knight Rider Mustang story we first broke last month, and then brought you the first pictures of a week later, is now officially official, KITT from the new Knight Rider series is a Shelby Mustang GT500KR. Goodbye, F-Body. Hello, Ford body. We've got a reporter live at a press conference going on right now in sunny California so we'll have her video and photos shortly. We're also assuming we'll have the full press release up after the jump in a few minutes. For now, sit back and reminisce -- and whatever you do, don't go here.

Source and more pictures & story: Knight Rider: It's Official! Knight Rider's KITT is a Shelby GT500KR Mustang

Fortunately, that's pursuit-mode only from what I've heard. It looks like a regular GT500KR when in normal mode. But still, talk about tacky...this ricing fad has gotten out of hand, especially when cars like KITT begin to suffer from it. Don't people have taste anymore??

Ugh..it definitely should've been the Camaro. The Mustang is so...normal. Even if its a GT500KR. Plus the thing looks pretty tacky to boot.

The only solace here is that this KITT is NOT the Knight Industries Two Thousand from the original series. This KITT is the Knight Industries Three Thousand, old KITT's successor I assume, featuring the voice of Will Arnett (odd?).

If you compare the new KITT to the original Trans Am and you remember the series (as bad as it was) then you can't help but think that the producers have missed the point. The original KITT looked futuristic wholly in line with the show's mysterious, high tech feel. A retro Mustang hyped with wings and lights posing as high tech just looks funny -- kinda like a kid with a mustache. But, the producers while targeting a whole new generation and probably getting some financial benefit from FoMoCo, are willing to overlook this. At least this car has the potential to do some very cool performance moves (something the 1980s KITT could only muster by speeding up the film).

Edited by buyacargetacheck

If you compare the new KITT to the original Trans Am and you remember the series (as bad as it was) then you can't help but think that the producers have missed the point. The original KITT looked futuristic wholly in line with the show's mysterious, high tech feel. A retro Mustang hyped with wings and lights posing as high tech just looks funny -- kinda like a kid with a mustache. But, the producers while targeting a whole new generation and probably getting some financial benefit from FoMoCo, are willing to overlook this. At least this car has the potential to do some very cool performance moves (something the 1980s KITT could only muster by speeding up the film).

Beautifully said.

I think a blacked out hard-top Saturn Sky would have made a far better Knight Rider as far as looks go.

Aye aye ... I'm liking this even LESS now.....

*sighs*

I still think that this KITT should be KARR pretending to be KITT......

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Here today, forgot tomorrow" ... Duran Duran ... 'Ordinary World'

Those of you saying is should've been the new Camaro, you seem to forget that it was already used in Transformers. That would just be copycat-ism.

I think a Corvette would've been better than a Camaro anyway.

Those of you saying is should've been the new Camaro, you seem to forget that it was already used in Transformers. That would just be copycat-ism.

I think a Corvette would've been better than a Camaro anyway.

Well, as long as it wasn't yellow, and turned into a robot......I don't think people would have cried "copycat-ism"? <_<

A blacked out Camaro with some futuristic touches would have been a much better choice. Like it was stated already, the mustang is very retro, and K.I.T.T. is supposed to be an "advanced" automobile. The original K.I.T.T. looked more futuristic than the current Mustang does. The new Camaro, while retro inspired, has some futuristic cues with it's sharp body lines and chopped greenhouse.

Damn - no love for the Challenger?

That car, which looks very angry without anything in the way of spoilers/scoops/lights/stripes, etc., would have been a much better choice - but Dodge probably didn't want to let the production-spec cat out of the bag just yet.

Just another couple weeks 'til the Auto Show... :thumbsup:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0