Jeep Commander

ocnblu

Chrysler's interior quality is declining, though.  The interior materials and design in my 5-yr old Grand Cherokee (which was 32k new) IMHO are overall better than those of the new GC.. the new GC dash is ugly and looks and feels cheap..like something out of a $10-15k economy car and not a $35k SUV.

[post="30196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

their quality was not great to start with and they not 'declining' they are NOSEDIVING

The Pheaton maybe.... the rest? Eh..

[post="30861"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I love the new Passat. I love the design, and the interior looks amazing. I'm a fan.

I know what the prices are, and I don't think they are out of line for what you get.

Posted Image

Amazing?  Eh.  It's ok.... but I wouldn't go far to say it's amazing.

Keep in mind, that's the $30k passat there.

Yeah, those all-gray interiors suck...they should be allowed only for rental cars. :)

The Passats I've seen with a two-tone tan/charcoal interior with wood look very nice, IMHO.

That Passat you pictured is the Sport trim with the aluminum-look trim. Couple with a grey interior and it's bound to look bad. I saw one that def wasn't the top of the line parked outside a frat the other day and it had the wood and everything. Tan interior. Very sharp!

Yeah, those all-gray interiors suck...they should be allowed only for rental cars. :)

The Passats I've seen with a two-tone tan/charcoal interior with wood look very nice, IMHO.

[post="31093"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's not all-grey....

The dash top and tops of the door panels in the grey-interior cars is black/charcoal....

It's just hard to tell in this pic

HAHA! C'mon O.C. so there's a touch of darker grey here and there--that's an all-grey interior if I've ever seen one. I like the Passat, but that interior color combo is the least flattering to that interior. Edited by Croc

HAHA! C'mon O.C. so there's a touch of darker grey here and there--that's an all-grey interior if I've ever seen one.  I like the Passat, but that interior color combo is the least flattering to that interior.

[post="32184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I normally prefer black interiors, but in person, the Passat's interior looks fantastic in grey. Compared to black, it makes the cabin airier, and the black/grey contrast highlights the design cues... most notably the upper "sheet" of dash and the non-vertical door upper trim. Beige is nice, but there's an excess of wood, IMO.

VERY inviting!

Yeah...the design of the Passat center stack and center vents vaguely reminds of some late-model Benzes.

I like black interiors and tan/black two-tones, but generally avoid gray and all-tan interiors. Edited by moltar

But actually touch that grey dash material. It feels awfull!.  It's the same stuff they use in the downmarket 300s and Magnums.

[post="30071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I am starting to get annoyed with the interior issue, I like the Interior in this one. It's a jeep, c'mon!

I am starting to get annoyed with the interior issue, I like the Interior in this one. It's a jeep, c'mon!

The problem I have with the new Jeep interiors is that they look and feel cheaper than the old ones... I've checked out the '05 GCs...not as nice as the design or materials of the '99-04 models, IMHO. I expect a much nicer interior in a $30-35k vehicle than what I'm seeing from DC today... I haven't seen the Commander interior yet, but it looks similar to the GC in photos I've seen. Edited by moltar

The problem is the new Jeep interiors is that they look and feel cheaper than the old ones... I've checked out the '05 GCs...not as nice as the design or materials of the '99-04 models. I expect a much nicer interior in a $30-35k vehicle than what I'm seeing from DC today...

Exactly. Edited by blackviper8891

Here's a couple reviews:

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103255

It is plush and comfortable; come winter I’d really fall in love with the all-weather ability. Would I take one over an LR3? Absofreakin’-lutely. Considering our long-termer’s $54K sticker, and that the Commander has more power, more torque and less weight, it’s not even close.

On the plus side (aside from the $12,000 price advantage for the Jeep), the powerful Hemi V8 engine trumps the LR3 engine in fuel economy thanks to its cylinder-deactivation system.

and:
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103153