Hey Josh-- CTS??

jlbunting

While we're bugging Josh... Josh: Do you remember a spy shot of the rear end of a black XLR with two plain exhaust pipes out the back (they weren't the regular XLR tips, nor were they in the same place). I remember you saying there was some story linked to it, but you couldn't say what (at that time). Care to share that story... if you even remember what i'm talking about.

The exterior is attractive and much more dynamic than the current model. It's a much more refined application of Cadillac's A&S design theme without appearing softened or watered-down like the STS; lines are crisp and taut. Overall, the exterior is more elegant and upscale-looking than what we have now. However, those expecting a radical redesign will be dissapointed, as it appears to be an extremely evolutionary redesign.

The interior, on the other hand, is nothing short of breathtaking. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

The pipes of the XLR were not the real deal because that hood was huge if you all remember right. It was an XLRv fitted with the supercharged 7 liter engine to be placed in Blue Devil.

The pipes of the XLR were not the real deal because that hood was huge if you all remember right.

It was an XLRv fitted with the supercharged 7 liter engine to be placed in Blue Devil.

[post="29742"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sweet!

As I just posted on Camaroz28 that chop is nowhere near close to the real thing. The side profile is all wrong, the rims are wrong, the length is absolutely wrong. The front facia is not as smooth as the image depicts it to be in the chop over on GMI, it's more rugged with some lines where necessary, where as that chop is just a smooth vehicle all around.

The exterior is attractive and much more dynamic than the current model.  It's a much more refined application of Cadillac's A&S design theme without appearing softened or watered-down like the STS; lines are crisp and taut.  Overall, the exterior is more elegant and upscale-looking than what we have now.  However, those expecting a radical redesign will be dissapointed, as it appears to be an extremely evolutionary redesign.   

The interior, on the other hand, is nothing short of breathtaking.  http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="29730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

100% correct. Interior is VERY nice, though I wish the pillowy seats from the CGIs would be replaced with the current seats as they are far more sporting and in line with what Germany has to offer. Sofa seats belong in Fleetwoods and Devilles, not CTSs.

There's a picture of the future CTS at another website which shall go nameless. It looks ugly. I fell in love with the CTS the first time i saw one in Automobile magazine in August 2001. I convinced my family to get that as our next car. The future CTS does nothing for me. Also, this website claims the next CTS will grow in size. Unbelieavable! The present CTS is already the biggest vehicle in its class. It should be shrinking in size. Not to BMW 3 series 176" proportions, but maybe more like the G35 at 186". If the CTS grows, it'll be about the same external size as the STS. :rolleyes:

There's a picture of the future CTS at another website which shall go nameless.  It looks ugly.

I fell in love with the CTS the first time i saw one in Automobile magazine in August 2001.  I convinced my family to get that as our next car.  The future CTS does nothing for me.

Also, this website claims the next CTS will grow in size.  Unbelieavable!  The present CTS is already the biggest vehicle in its class.  It should be shrinking in size.  Not to BMW 3 series 176" proportions, but maybe more like the G35 at 186".  If the CTS grows, it'll be about the same external size as the STS. :rolleyes:

[post="31619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You assume GMI and Tahoe over there knows what they are talking about? The photo that was posted was a chop. Anyone with any common sense and curiosity would know that much.

There's a picture of the future CTS at another website which shall go nameless.  It looks ugly.

I fell in love with the CTS the first time i saw one in Automobile magazine in August 2001.  I convinced my family to get that as our next car.  The future CTS does nothing for me.

Also, this website claims the next CTS will grow in size.  Unbelieavable!  The present CTS is already the biggest vehicle in its class.  It should be shrinking in size.  Not to BMW 3 series 176" proportions, but maybe more like the G35 at 186".  If the CTS grows, it'll be about the same external size as the STS. :rolleyes:

[post="31619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The CTS's class is the 5-series. Their weight and size are nearly identical.

CTS: 3568 lbs 190.10 length 113.40 wheel base 530i: 3483lbs 190.60 length 113.70 wheel base No one is EVER allowed to complain about CTS overhang unless they also complain about the 530i. 2006 330i 3450 lbs. 178.20 length 108.70 wheel base STS 3858 lbs. 196.30 length 116.40 wheel base So yeah, the CTS is in the 5 series size, weight and power class. Edited by Oldsmoboi

CTS:
3568 lbs
190.10 length
113.40 wheel base

530i:
3483lbs
190.60 length
113.70 wheel base

No one is EVER allowed to complain about CTS overhang unless they also complain about the 530i.

2006 330i
3450 lbs.
178.20 length
108.70 wheel base

STS
3858 lbs.
196.30 length
116.40 wheel base
So yeah, the CTS is in the 5 series size, weight and power class.

[post="31766"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even Cadillac themselves (www.cadillac.com) say that the STS's competitors are the Audi A6, BMW 5, Infiniti M, Lexus GS, and Merc E-class, while the CTS's competitors are the Audi A4, BMW 3, and Mercedes C-class.

no, it looks nothing like the DTS interior. The center stack and IP is somewhat similar to the current RX330. Dash design is very symmetrical, like a Lexus or Toyota. Oh, and the plastic is silver, again like a Lexus or Toyota. It's nice. As for the exterior...Front is very similar to the current CTS, and there is a lot of sheetmetal above the rear wheels. VERY muscular, powerful stance, like a cat ready to pounce. Rear decklid is crazy short...almost Imaj-short. Spoiler is well-integrated. Rear is combo of CTS and STS. Very nice. Sail panels are large. Rear quarter panels are cleaned up compared to the current version (no unnecessary number of lines). There it is in words, and if this post needs deleting by the mods, go for it. Edited by Croc

Honestly, I'd send them except I know that every one of you would send them at least once. Soon, it's all over the net and GM gets pissed and wants to track it all down. Guess what? I'm not going there. Someone put trust in me not to pass it on and I am not going to break that trust. Has nothing to do with "cool kids club" or anything fun like that. Just trust. The last time I trusted someone on this board to NOT pass something on, they couldn't do it and it bit me in the ass. Edited by Croc

Damn... If I said that I had no one to send them to change anything? No? Damn... I just want to see it so bad, because honestly, I don't think it will be edgy enough from the sound of it. Like I've said, the current CTS is perfect on the outside, IMO. I just don't think they can improve upon it... The interior, though, will be eeeeaaaasy. :P

Croc & Bimmer: How close is the exterior look to the image Motor Trend showed earlier in the year? That car too had an amazingly short deck lid and a tail treatment akin to the Chrysler 300 C. Any side vents behind the front wheel well? Is its grill treatment closer to the current CTS or the more egg-crate 16 concept (like the CGI shown on Hollywood Insider)?

Dutch - You are close on some points. Can't say what however. I wonder how the pictures have spread so much. My prints aren't on 'em!

[post="31928"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

From what I've hear the new dash lighting will follow the new cool blue theme started on the DTS... not the amber lighting of the current CTS/STS?

Last February I was the first to post of the styling direction of the 322 CTS. What I was told at the time was the car is instantly recognizable as a CTS, but smoother, edgier and more sophisticated at the same time. When the PM and MT photos were published I stated from my sources, the general them is correct but those photos were characatures of the real vehicle. The real car is not that cartoonish. Read into that what you will.

Basically, take a CTS and graft the rear 3/4 of this pic:
Posted Image

The CTS decklid isn't quite as high...maybe 75% of the Imaj. The windshield is therefore bigger. Rear overhang is obviously greater than Imaj, too. Do this graft and thats the general idea of it.

Edited by Croc

I highly doubt it will be shown at any 2006 autoshow (maybe the 2nd LA show of the year, though...remember LA gets bumped up to the end of 2006 for the 2007 show circuit.

[post="31995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I still think that it will be at one show this year, but anyone that knows for sure won't be talking.

AH-HA said otherwise, and given its introduction time I tend to agree with him. GM is trying to shorten the time between product unveiling and the time a product goes on sale for competitive reasons and also because buyers get frustrated with a long wait.

AH-HA said otherwise, and given its introduction time I tend to agree with him.  GM is trying to shorten the time between product unveiling and the time a product goes on sale for competitive reasons and also because buyers get frustrated with a long wait.

[post="32009"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed... this seems to be the case. The Lucerne was revealed, what, in March or April? But it still hasn't arrived in dealers.

GM is trying to shorten the time between product unveiling and the time a product goes on sale for competitive reasons and also because buyers get frustrated with a long wait.

[post="32009"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

HALLELLUYAH! Praise the Automotive Gods...!!! This will also mean that, more likely than not, what we see is what we get! I can't wait for the next couple car show seasons :D

Honestly, I'd send them except I know that every one of you would send them at least once.  Soon, it's all over the net and GM gets pissed and wants to track it all down.  Guess what?  I'm not going there.  Someone put trust in me not to pass it on and I am not going to break that trust.  Has nothing to do with "cool kids club" or anything fun like that.  Just trust.  The last time I trusted someone on this board to NOT pass something on, they couldn't do it and it bit me in the ass.

[post="31890"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

keep to your guns Croc, the rest of us are a patient bunch and we can handle the wait.

I will not send any images (that I do not HAVE!) and if any images are spread by the means of C&G, whether it be by e-mail, instant messanger because of C&G, or by Private Message you will be instantly banned. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

• 2 weeks later...
All I can say is that the interior of this thing better be drop dead gorgeous -- flat out amazing. Everyone exploded over the STS interior when it came out and a year later, Infiniti and Lexus have shown Caddy how it is DONE. I hope the CTS does not prove a repeat. I sat in the new IS at the Boston Auto Show and it is just awesome. Caddy has got their hands full with this one and I hope they do what needs to be done. Edited by bcs296