GM @ NAIAS: 2009 Corvette ZR1 PHOTO SET 1

Jakey boy the unofficial mascot of Corvettes and C6-R.

FYI

Jake

Jake is my leader and hero.

He stands for the team moto "Take No Prisoners" for the Pratt & Miller C6-R Racing team. He was first seen back in 2005 at Lemans and has grown with the team and now it looks like Chevy has embraced him offically.

Before when I wore my Jake hat people looked at me like an old Goth, now they will really know what it means.

I say Jake for president in 08.

Edited by hyperv6

Checke out the new High Performance Pontiac Magazine. The cover shot is done by some guy neamed Brad May from GM for a new book on the design center.

THey did a photo shoot fo 3 judges infront of Cony Island on Woodward. The photo came out great and the book by GM is due this coming year.

I know the guy with the blue GTO and it is a great car. Jeff has helped me on some Pontiac prototype parts I have and got me intouch with the right people at the design center to help.

Anyway this Brad is a GM photg and I hope they let him do more main line shots in the future. I wonder if he did these.

Edited by hyperv6

for it's super price the interior is kinda disappointing to me. its just like the other vettes at HALF the price.

Yeah, but that's not the focus of the car. If you want a supercar with a great interior, then you're looking at Ferrari and Lambo, but if you want a car with all the performance at a lower price tag, then you want a ZR1. With that in mind, the interior sort of takes a back seat and should. It would be very un-Corvette if they jacked up the price another $40K to make the interior outstanding.

To me, this thing is pretty awesome. Enough is different that you'll know it's a ZR1, but you'll also know it's a Corvette. I also love the fact that the spedometer goes to over 200 mph...nice touch.

I can't believe it doesn't have a cancel button for the cruise control. GM still doesn't get it.

:lol:

I'm with you, NOS. This thing is probably waaay underrated.

These two photos somehow make me think of this:

DellXPSM1730Blue.JPG

Which by itself is an amazing piece of machinery to come from that maligned American Computer Manufacturer.

hard to believe but trhat is the only part I do not like about the ZR1. The supercharger cover looks like a toy Transformer shield or something. It also looks gimmiky. It is not like a 360 Modena or a 430 that have beautiful engines to look at and deserve a big plastic window to show it off. On the ZR1 not enough of the motor is shown, just that shroud thingy and it looks goofy. Maybe I will like it in person if I shoud be lucky enough to see one in person, but I bet my chances of seeing a ZR1 are similar to my chances of seeing a UFO :P

PS. I still would kill to have one.

hard to believe but trhat is the only part I do not like about the ZR1. The supercharger cover looks like a toy Transformer shield or something. It also looks gimmiky. It is not like a 360 Modena or a 430 that have beautiful engines to look at and deserve a big plastic window to show it off. On the ZR1 not enough of the motor is shown, just that shroud thingy and it looks goofy.

Agreed.

The polycarb hood window is the only thing that seems like a bad idea on this car. Like someone already said, in Ferraris and Lambos, there's a beautiful motor to look at. Here there's the top of the intercooler and an engine cover to look at. Not exciting at all. Seems like the only reason they did it is because the other big boys have it.

The polycarb hood window is the only thing that seems like a bad idea on this car. Like someone already said, in Ferraris and Lambos, there's a beautiful motor to look at. Here there's the top of the intercooler and an engine cover to look at. Not exciting at all. Seems like the only reason they did it is because the other big boys have it.

I bet people will remove the cover and therefore give the window some real purpose.

Yeah, but that's not the focus of the car. If you want a supercar with a great interior, then you're looking at Ferrari and Lambo, but if you want a car with all the performance at a lower price tag, then you want a ZR1. With that in mind, the interior sort of takes a back seat and should. It would be very un-Corvette if they jacked up the price another $40K to make the interior outstanding.

To me, this thing is pretty awesome. Enough is different that you'll know it's a ZR1, but you'll also know it's a Corvette. I also love the fact that the spedometer goes to over 200 mph...nice touch.

It doesn't matter - all the British magazines will nitpick the ZR1's interior to death, then complain about the stereo's inadequacy above 197mph. Then they'll make some joke about the Americans not including enough cupholders, etc., and finally will go ahead and declare a bone-stock 911 Carrera 2 the winner of their "comparison test" because of its "purity".

Meanwhile, Motor Trend will put the ZR1 on each of their next eight covers (in each color) and propose to marry it in Las Vegas, without doing much more than quoting the press release. Road and Track will use it to challenge an F/A-18 Hornet, and Car and Driver will declare a BMW M3 to be superior to it.

I do like the shape of the bulge in the hood. Harkens back to the early C3 big block hoods.

Finally, someone understands the point.

We're Americans - we're supposed to be loud and showy, not elegant and finely-crafted.

Someone also brought this ad up a while ago:

69ad5.jpg

Can anyone else see a new Camaro SS and the ZR1 filling the barn...?

^^^ I love that ad ^^^^

Thing is, it's a much more realistic challenge now. Much as I love them, the original Camaro and the C3 'Vette were a little..."unrefined", to put it nicely.