TOYOTA=LIARS

regfootball

Arn't muscle cars aimed at are insecurities as well? That's why my brother in law says I drive Trans Ams to make up for some insecuiry. Nevermind the fact I have been driving F-bodies since 1979.

Psychologists do say that..also that men buy giant monster trucks (Ford Super Dutys, Dodge Ram Duallies, etc) to make for a certain inadequacy below the belt... :)

I drive Mustangs and BMWs because I enjoy the way they drive, likewise, I drive a Jeep for its practicality, off-road ability, and comfort...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychologists do say that..also that men buy giant monster trucks (Ford Super Dutys, Dodge Ram Duallies, etc) to make for a certain inadequacy below the belt... :)
I drive Mustangs and BMWs because I enjoy the way they drive, likewise, I drive a Jeep for its practicality, off-road ability, and comfort...

[post="30214"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So Moltar, you are my car's nemesis, eh. B) Edited by prinzSD

#1 Blame your government for the EPA test certification.  The US government defines the test.

#2 Prior there was no agreed upon the standard.

Your post are as misleading as to what you want others to believe about your OPINION on Toyota.

Ignorance is endless.

[post="30084"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

if we all don't buy a prius, hell in a hand basket and armageddon will occur, oh my GOD we'll run out of CLEAN AIR for our CHILDREN TO BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course driving a partial zero emissions Focus would accomplish the same 'saving society' kind of feat, but where Ford won't threaten your psyche with, 'buy our car or because buying a non-Toyota will mean your family will die soon', Toyota chooses to imply this in their advertising, and worse yet, all the clueless fuqs in the world drink the Koolaid on word that Toyota is the only manufacturer in the world participating towards reducing emissions (and thereby not willingly killing all our future generations of children).

DOES THE PRIUS ERADICATE THE WORLD OF BIRD FLU TOO???????????????? I bet some advertising agency hired by Toyota is concocting a way to suggest such a thing as we speak.........

if we all don't buy a prius, hell in a hand basket and armageddon will occur, oh my GOD we'll run out of CLEAN AIR for our CHILDREN TO BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course driving a partial zero emissions Focus would accomplish the same 'saving society' kind of feat, but where Ford won't threaten your psyche with, 'buy our car or because buying a non-Toyota will mean your family will die soon', Toyota chooses to imply this in their advertising, and worse yet, all the clueless fuqs in the world drink the Koolaid on word that Toyota is the only manufacturer in the world participating towards reducing emissions (and thereby not willingly killing all our future generations of children).

DOES THE PRIUS ERADICATE THE WORLD OF BIRD FLU TOO????????????????  I bet some advertising agency hired by Toyota is concocting a way to suggest such a thing as we speak.........

[post="30326"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If we all started driving Priuses, we would probably do more harm than good to the environment. Can you imagine all Ni-Cad battery that has to be disposed every year. That by itself would be an environmental nightmare. As a Chemist I know Ni is a toxic metal that can cause cancer. And I imagine the recycling process of all those disposed battery pack could itself cause atmospheric pollution. If you want to save gas and do your part to help out the enviornment, the best solution would be to buy a 4 cylinder economy car that meets ULEV emission and gets close to 40 mpg.

The most blatant example of Toyota bulshit is the claim that 98% of Camrys made since 1988 are still on the road. Every junkyard around here has like 40 of them... more than any other single car model, including J-cars & Ford Tauruses. I walked throuigh the Camry section today and saw about 3 '97-'01 Camrys, half a dozen '93-'96 Camrys and like thirty '92 and older Camrys. Their math is bullshit.

Compared to the nation-wide Tier I emissions standard, the SULEV standard requires 97 percent fewer hydrocarbon emissions, 76 percent less carbon monoxide and 97 percent less nitrogen oxide. In practical terms, a SULEV like the Focus PZEV emits only one pound of smog-forming pollution over 15,000 miles of driving. That’s good enough to earn a perfect “10” on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Guide to Green Cars.

By comparison, each Focus powered by a 2.0-liter Zetec four-cylinder engine – itself a clean, efficient design – emits up to 10.7 pounds of smog-forming pollution and a vehicle certified to the Tier 1 standard emits about 30.1 pounds over the same distance

here

somebody please find some data on the Prius emissions so I can see if it emits significantly less than a simple ford focus that likely gets darn close to the same mileage.

[post="30536"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Prius is an AT-PZEV. Keep in mind "emissions ratings" don't include CO2 emissions and other greenhouse gases.

somebody please find some data on the Prius emissions so I can see if it emits significantly less than a simple ford focus that likely gets darn close to the same mileage.

[post="30536"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Prius emissions: http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/E-TOYOTA-Prius-05.htm

Focus emissions: http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/E-FORD-Focus-06.htm

so the focus scores a 9.5 in emissions ratings but only a 7 in greenhouse gases, the prius does better in greenhouse gases. a- greenhouse effect is a theory and besides it wouldn't hurt if the globe warmed up some here in MN anyways b-the prius does indeed do well in cleaning the emissions but for most pratcial purposes a california equipped PZEV focus will do pretty much as well c- if you want clean air, leave california. there is plenty of clean air in north dakota, trust me.

Toyota's PR wizards have effectively taken mediocre, reliable cars and made them out to be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  Too bad that pot is full of fool's gold.

[post="29986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Statement of the phucking year right there! :)

Exactly - The American People Love Tahoes Suburbans and Yukons , BY FAR THE BEST IN CLASS

[post="31279"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The difference is that Toyota is pushing it "green" image with all the hybrids while trying to sneak in the brand new truck plant. GM has never pretended it didn't sell alot of trucks to project a false image like Toyota.

The difference is that Toyota is pushing it "green" image with all the hybrids while trying to sneak in the brand new truck plant.  GM has never pretended it didn't sell alot of trucks to project a false image like Toyota.

[post="31330"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I see a lot of "Toyota Truck" ads and "Chevy Fuel Economy" ads, too.

If we all started driving Priuses, we would probably do more harm than good to the environment. Can you imagine all Ni-Cad battery that has to be disposed every year. That by itself would be an environmental nightmare.  As a Chemist I know Ni is a toxic metal that can cause cancer. And I imagine the recycling process of all those disposed battery pack could itself cause atmospheric pollution. If you want to save gas and do your part to help out the enviornment, the best solution would be to buy a 4 cylinder economy car that meets ULEV emission and gets close to 40 mpg.

[post="30328"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Amen!

I had to chuckle last night after seeing a Toyota minivan commercial. A guy and his six friends were out golfing and of course they needed a 7 seater van. Like guys are going to rush out and buy a soccer mom van to carry all their buddies to the golf course.

On a non-Hybrid related note, click here for a good laugh:

www.toyota.com/planetk

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this seems as good a thread as any.

[post="31243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

... I don't really understand the purpose of that site. I looked through all the sections and popups, and I just don't get it. I looked at the site map, and it looks like Toyota is still stuck in 2004: "Our entire lineup for 2004 can be found here."

my cousin (ricer) told me the toyota dealer said the government made it so thier horsepower ratings appear lower while all of the american ones are skyrocketing.

[post="31816"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Some people would do well to educate themselves better on certain matters.

Some people would do well to educate themselves better on certain matters.

[post="31823"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why would they do that, when they can just believe everything Toyota tells them? Toyota wouldn't lie. Their cars run on rainbows and smiles, and are making the air "clean again".

I had to chuckle last night after seeing a Toyota minivan commercial.  A guy and his six friends were out golfing and of course they needed a 7 seater van.  Like guys are going to rush out and buy a soccer mom van to carry all their buddies to the golf course.

[post="31644"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wow that's lame. :blink:

I had to chuckle last night after seeing a Toyota minivan commercial.  A guy and his six friends were out golfing and of course they needed a 7 seater van.  Like guys are going to rush out and buy a soccer mom van to carry all their buddies to the golf course.

[post="31644"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Have you seen the lame Honda minivan where they equate the current Honda minivan with those cool customized vans of the seventies with the trick paint job and full custom interiors. Shaggadelllic man. I don't think too many families have been started in a Honda mini-van! :P

Ad Attacks Toyota's Record Detroit Free Press By Sarah A. Webster Oct. 24, 2005 "Is Toyota a wolf in sheep's clothing?" That's what a stinging national ad campaign against Toyota Motor Corp., launched today by a San Francisco-based environmental group, suggests. The ad is to run in Mother Jones online today and be printed soon in full-page ads in the New York Times and other publications. Created by the Bluewater Network, a nonprofit organization that fights for clean air and water, the ads against Toyota are thought to be the first ever to attack a Japanese automaker on its environmental record in the United States. Bluewater says Toyota's hybrids aren't as efficient as their non-hybrid versions and questions why the automaker is fighting tougher standards on fuel economy and emissions. They also note that while Toyota's overall fuel economy is the best in the industry, it is worse than it was 20 years ago, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Toyota spokeswoman Nancy Hubbell said the automaker is disappointed by the campaign. "Toyota is definitely the environmental leader, and we're extremely surprised," she said. Bluewater is the same environmental group that launched a personal ad campaign against Ford Motor Co. last year, portraying Ford Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bill Ford as Pinocchio and challenging the automaker's record on environmental issues. Those ads, according to Bluewater, were largely a consequence of Ford portraying himself as an environmentalist, making promises and not keeping them. Now, Bluewater is taking on Toyota. "We don't enjoy playing the truth squad," Danielle Fugere, director of climate change at Bluewater, said. "But when the auto industry misleads the public, whether intentionally or not, someone's got to set the record straight." The ads against Toyota are likely to be heralded by Detroit automakers, which have been crying foul for years now over Toyota's seemingly bulletproof image with consumers as the environmentally friendly automaker. Toyota makes one-third of the hybrid gasoline-electric vehicles sold in the United States and has consequently benefited from Earth-friendly buzz -- even getting A-list celebrities to arrive at the Academy Awards in hybrid Prius compact cars as an environmentally conscious fashion statement. But Bluewater's ads, which were obtained by the Free Press last week, show Toyota CEO Katsuaki Watanabe in the foreground and a man wearing a wolf head in the background. The ads list a series of concerns about Toyota. Foremost, the group questions why Toyota's newest hybrids don't get much better fuel economy than their non-hybrid versions. The hybrid version of the Highlander got only 20.6 miles per gallon in a week-long test drive this year on a range of driving conditions by Free Press auto critic Mark Phelan. The EPA rating shows the vehicle gets 33 m.p.g. city/28 m.p.g. highway in federal tests. The non-hybrid Highlander, meanwhile, was rated 19 m.p.g. city/25 m.p.g. highway by the EPA -- much closer to the actual results in the hybrid. Other journalists have found similar results, Bluewater notes in its ad, calling the Highlander and Lexus RX 400h "gas guzzlers with no better fuel economy than their non-hybrid versions." "If this is the precedent for Toyota's future hybrids, that will be bad news for global warming and our dependence on foreign oil," the ad says. Hubbell of Toyota defended the company's hybrid vehicles, saying they are more efficient than their gasoline counterparts. What's more, she said they are 80 percent cleaner in emissions. Bluewater also asks why Toyota is working with other automakers to resist federal efforts to raise national fuel mileage standards and suing to block California's proposed regulations to reduce smog and greenhouse gas pollution. Hubbell said Toyota is lobbying for regulations that are "rational and national," to avoid a patchwork system of standards "that would be a nightmare" to comply with for manufacturers. The ads also note that the average fuel mileage of Toyota vehicles is worse today than it was 20 years ago, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's 2005 Fuel Economy Trends report. In 2005, Toyota's fleet averaged 27.5 miles per gallon, the highest among manufacturers. But the company performed better in 1985, with its fleet averaging 30.0 miles per gallon, the EPA report shows. While Toyota has a stable of fuel-efficient cars, including the hybrid Prius, it also makes the Land Cruiser SUV (17 m.p.g. on the highway); Sequoia SUV (18 m.p.g.); 4Runner SUV (21 m.p.g.), and Tundra Double Cab (18 m.p.g.). Those vehicles have helped lower Toyota's overall fuel economy. "Toyota has a lot of explaining to do," Bluewater's ads say. "We thought Toyota cared about the environment. ... Is this the same company that brought us the hybrid Prius, claiming to be an environmental leader?" The ads provide Toyota's telephone number and encourage consumers to call and ask Toyota to "build more fuel-efficient cars and end Toyota's opposition to critical U.S. environmental policies."

Did he say Blue Man Group? Oh, Bluewater Network! Oh, those guys. Never heard of them.

"Now, Bluewater is taking on Toyota. "We don't enjoy playing the truth squad," Danielle Fugere, director of climate change at Bluewater, said. "But when the auto industry misleads the public, whether intentionally or not, someone's got to set the record straight." " Liars....i knew i had the topic title right......

ok, fast forward to today. i saw a new Sienna ad today on tv, now, toyota is going for the 'mommy jugular' with some closing line on the end of the ad...help me out if i forgot it exactly "At Toyota, it's about the children" or something like it only to insinuate that not choosing toyota means you do not in any way care about children and would actively choose another make of vehicle and have your children die or have their lives compromised in a dreadful way if you make the wrong choice in life and not get that Sienna. Yes mom, you will be a totally inadequte, non caring mom, leaving your child to die a heartless death, if you don't buy a TOYOTA minivan. Bully advertising in its lowest form. Complete lack of class. No subtlety. By now I guess its typical to assume no less from toyota. what a crock of crap. this is just as bad as the ad where they insinuate that you care nothing about the environment if you don't buy a toyota. This pushy type of advertising I find offensive and insulting but so many people in our country today are dumb as a box of rocks as far as thinking for themselves so they all likely take it at word. Is Toyota resorting to these brainwashing corrupt misleading ad taglines just like tainted world leaders of the past used words to coerce their citizens into being blind followers without thinking for themsleves? Edited by regfootball

all they have to do is tell you that it is in an ad and you are supposed to believe it.

[post="37072"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The really sad part;
toyota says it, people believe it
GM proves it, people don't believe it

I don't see why we have to bash Toyota...it really get's us nowhere...I think it is lame to bash them. They make a good, reliable product which obviously appeal to the America populous. There are no 2 ways around it. They are selling those products and making a good profit, so I say more power to 'em. I don't care for Toyotas myself, but I'll give credit where it is due.

[post="30144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that's the smartest thing anyone has said on this board, I think this bashing is childish and pointless.

ok, fast forward to today.  i saw a new Sienna ad today on tv, now, toyota is going for the 'mommy jugular' with some closing line on the end of the ad...help me out if i forgot it exactly

"At Toyota, it's about the children" or something like it

only to insinuate that not choosing toyota means you do not in any way care about children and would actively choose another make of vehicle and have your children die or have their lives compromised in a dreadful way if you make the wrong choice in life and not get that Sienna.

Yes mom, you will be a totally inadequte, non caring mom, leaving your child to die a heartless death, if you don't buy a TOYOTA minivan.

Bully advertising in its lowest form.  Complete lack of class.  No subtlety.  By now I guess its typical to assume no less from toyota.

what a crock of crap.  this is just as bad as the ad where they insinuate that you care nothing about the environment if you don't buy a toyota.

This pushy type of advertising I find offensive and insulting but so many people in our country today are dumb as a box of rocks as far as thinking for themselves so they all likely take it at word.  Is Toyota resorting to these brainwashing corrupt misleading ad taglines just like tainted world leaders of the past used words to coerce their citizens into being blind followers without thinking for themsleves?

[post="37070"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You may not agree with the advertisment, but you can't deny that the new Sienna is a better product than the CSV, I know, for you, it may be hard to swallow, but sit in both urself. You're basing your hatred on Toyota based on their marketing, and you are mad because your fellow Americans are causing treason for not buying American cars. You're crying that people wont give GM a chance, but I think it's you who are not giving the imports especially Toyota a chance, and seeing why people like them so much. People buy Toyotas because they do have an excellent track record for reliability, quality, and resale value. People got sick of buying Caravans and changing the transmission every 50,000 km, head-gaskets on Fords, and lower-front control arms, front-end bushings and electical components on GMs. When people sit inside, they want to feel they got what their hard-earned paychecks payed for, a quality, solid interior, not a cheap-feeling interior with loose, thin plastics. Toyota offers that, and the domestics don't. If you don't believe me, see it for yourself. Edited by Polish_Kris

I think that's the smartest thing anyone has said on this board, I think this bashing is childish and pointless.

[post="37120"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think your constant negativity toward GM on a GM fan site is childish and pointless. Like attention much?

--

Nick, I agree that sometimes the bashing goes pretty far beyond the realm of acceptability, but honestly, I do not like Toyota products much for a variety of reasons, but mainly I just don't like Toyota as a company. I don't think they are an ethical company, and I do not like the way they do their business. Yes, some products might be good, but I can never like a Lexus or a Toyota...kind of like how I just cannot like Wal*Mart. For me it goes beyond the products and into the realm of business politics.

You may not agree with the advertisment, but you can't deny that the new Sienna is a better product than the CSV, I know, for you, it may be hard to swallow, but sit in both urself.  You're basing your hatred on Toyota based on their marketing, and you are mad because your fellow Americans are causing treason for not buying American cars.  You're crying that people wont give GM a chance, but I think it's you who are not giving the imports especially Toyota a chance, and seeing why people like them so much.  People buy Toyotas because they do have an excellent track record for reliability, quality, and resale value.  People got sick of buying Caravans and changing the transmission every 50,000 km, head-gaskets on Fords, and lower-front control arms, front-end bushings and electical components on GMs.  When people sit inside, they want to feel they got what their hard-earned paychecks payed for, a quality, solid interior, not a cheap-feeling interior with loose, thin plastics.  Toyota offers that, and the domestics don't.  If you don't believe me, see it for yourself.

[post="37127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

blow it out whatever. my issue here is with Toyota's in your face and over the top advertising. I've test driven the Sienna a few times, its a good product. I do not think its head and shoulders above all the other vans in the segment. The only differentiator they can fall back on is their supposed reliability, which they share with Honda. So their product is not better, just merely equal. And most folks think the Caravan is just fine. i know several folks who had nothing but good things to say about their Caravans aside from a few mechanical issues. Honda has trannies blow up in their vans too. I am not a GM van fan myself either. The Fords have been decent vans if you don't need the most stylish thing. Toyota has no ability to lay such in your face claims about their product being the messiah and they are claiming that, and that's what my issue is. Their pompousness will backfire eventually and I hope it does in a big way. I hope they come down to earth soon, because just like with hollywood stars, the media and public loves to build you up and then tear you down with all their might. The media is setting Toyota up on a pedestal and on the flick of a switch will be more than happy to destroy them. I personally wouldn't mind that one bit since they are being so arrogant about it. Edited by regfootball

I think your constant negativity toward GM on a GM fan site is childish and pointless.  Like attention much?

Polish Kris is a poster on Toyotanation.com.  I found that out when he linked to the thread he started here entitled "why do you hate Toyota."  He posts there under the name TRDSienna, and sometimes posts crap like "F**k Ford!, Screw GM! Honda and Toyota are always a step ahead, no matter how much these GM humpers try to prove that GM is better!" Edited by nyscene911

Polish Kris is a poster on Toyotanation.com.  I found that out when he linked to the thread he started here entitled "why do you hate Toyota."  He posts there under the name TRDSienna, and sometimes posts crap like "F**k Ford!, Screw GM! Honda and Toyota are always a step ahead, no matter how much these GM humpers try to prove that GM is better!"

[post="37171"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That actually sounds about right.

Let's all just ignore him from now on, so he won't have stuff to post on his Toyota board.

Polish Kris is a poster on Toyotanation.com.  I found that out when he linked to the thread he started here entitled "why do you hate Toyota."  He posts there under the name TRDSienna, and sometimes posts crap like "F**k Ford!, Screw GM! Honda and Toyota are always a step ahead, no matter how much these GM humpers try to prove that GM is better!"

Actually, here is what he said on the Toyota forum:

A week ago I started a thread on cheers and gears, and asked them a question, why they hate Toyota so much?
Anyways, you guys gotta read what some of these goofballs wrote:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...showtopic=1362

I think this should be grounds for having him banned! Admins, please either give him a warning or just ban him outright. He should not be setting up GM enthuesiests to be ridiculed on a Toyota board!

That actually sounds about right.

Let's all just ignore him from now on, so he won't have stuff to post on his Toyota board.

[post="37180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, I AM a GM fan....and regular contributor to THIS fan website....and ONLY this website I might add....and I also find the Toyota-bashing childish and nitpicking....

They may be in-your-face, but Toyota is doing whatever it can to be successful in selling and marketing their products in the U.S.

Point is....GM has done the SAME thing in the past advertising-wise.....they've been misleading in the past.....and they've been controversial in the past as well. Toyota is not the only offender here. If GM were doing it now, you'd be congratulating them.

I'm not going to buy a Toyota....not now, and probably never.....but I can give credit and appreciation where it's due....and they build a nicely-designed and executed product that hits the mainstream American consumers right in their hearts and pocketbooks.

(By the way.....this post is in no way any sort of defense for Polishkris....just my feelings regarding the unusally harsh bashing of Toyota.) Edited by The O.C.

Wow, sounds about right for a typical "Toyota can do no wrong" preaching airhead.

Actually, here is what he said on the Toyota forum:

A week ago I started a thread on cheers and gears, and asked them a question, why they hate Toyota so much?
Anyways, you guys gotta read what some of these goofballs wrote:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...showtopic=1362

I think this should be grounds for having him banned! Admins, please either give him a warning or just ban him outright. He should not be setting up GM enthuesiests to be ridiculed on a Toyota board!

You know.... I agree. That is BS. I could care less if he's a friend of Ted... he is a troll and is here to cause trouble. That is a stellar example of exactly that.

I think your constant negativity toward GM on a GM fan site is childish and pointless. Like attention much?

Exactly.

He posts there under the name TRDSienna, and sometimes posts crap like "F**k Ford!, Screw GM! Honda and Toyota are always a step ahead, no matter how much these GM humpers try to prove that GM is better!"

Oddly a quick scan through his 19 previous posts on toyotanation didnt reveal anything like that.:rolleyes:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/search.php?searchid=16148