Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grouperassasin

Problem with 2500 HD trailering pkg?

1 post in this topic

Well, I was all excited about X-mas, had already ordered my truck, and so naturally, wife and friends got me stuff for the future arrival. My best friend/buisness partner was nice enough to get me the milled aluminum adjustable drop hitch from DT for me. I was all excited that I would have it and be able to put it right on the truck when I got it. Well, then I was thinking in my head and came up with a possible problem, The new 2500 HD's have that stupid 2 1/2 inch reciever with the sleeve that goes in there to make it a 2" reciever. I was so excited, this DT adjustable hitch has internal pins that retract with a key to be inserted into the reciever, and then pop back out with a turn of the key once it's lined up with the holes where the pin would normally go. You lock it into place and there's no chance for it to be stolen. Then the same key works the slide with the two different sized balls on it. It's a really cool design, but now I'm worried that it won't work with the stupid sleeve in there. Anyone run into this already? Anyone even know why they put those sleeve's on there. I don't know of much that is within the capabilities of that truck that can't be towed on a regular 2" reciever that's worked just fine for how long??? AGHHHHH!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0