Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

FORD FREESTYLE

3 posts in this topic

hm, I'm curious, is thing faster then the oddessey? Better fuel economy? Handles better? Just curious. Because, I was reading a C&D comparo of the new Explorer and the new Jeep Commander, and at the end, they where dogging on both utes, and making their suggestion of a Honda Minivan, and I was thinking... what about the Freestyle... oh well.

hm, I'm curious, is thing faster then the oddessey? Better fuel economy? Handles better? Just curious. Because, I was reading a C&D comparo of the new Explorer and the new Jeep Commander, and at the end, they where dogging on both utes, and making their suggestion of a Honda Minivan, and I was thinking... what about the Freestyle... oh well.

[post="30227"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

go to autoweek.com, they have a comparison test between the Odyssey and Freestyle.

i was checking accel. times from Car and Driver compared to a Quest van and the v8 Explorer and Subaru Tribeca. The Freestyle has faster times than the Explorer and Tribeca, and its just a bit behind the Quest actually. The Quest feels much quicker off the line (test drives) but the Freestyle can feel zippy once up to speed. I suggest you try both. With the CVT in the new Ford products, you have to work the throttle pedal differently than you are used to. You need to punch the throttle down from a dead start to signify to the CVT that you want to move out and then it makes a quicker ratio adjustment right away. If you do that, it comes closer to feeling like you start out in 'first gear'. The shiftless feel of the CVT is really nice, once you get used to it. It makes traditional automatics seem jerky and crude.

The Freestyles time's are pretty close to that of a G6 3.5l sedan, actually.

I encourage you to drive one. Its a large commodious vehicle that feels a lot lighter and smaller on the road than it actually is. Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room