regfootball

WHICH FORD IS YOUR FAVORITE

37 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know its a GM site, but I do think Ford in some aspects is rebounding and starting to connect with certain parts of the car buying public. Which current Fords do like most or think will do best in the market?

Fusion/Milan. Zephyr, not so much. Everything else is either stale (Focus), downright moldy (Crown Vic), or still missing big elements (500/Montego/Freestyle).

I like the Fusion a lot... the F-150 Lariat has a nice interior, but I don't need a truck... I don't like any Mustang... the Freestyle is versatile... the Five Hundred is a good value... the Focus is brilliant to drive, but its dated...

My favorites of the new stuff: GT Mustang Fusion Montego Ford has been hitting its targets a lot lately...despite some uncertainty in the Glass House with management shuffling, the product has been spot on. On my trip home this weekend (only chance I have until Thanksgiving break!) I counted 10 Five Hundreds and 1 Montego on Interstate 80. I saw at least 6 5th gen Mustangs. I even saw quite a few Freestyles. All except the Freestyle have a presence on the road...yes, even the Five Hundred, IMHO. I still do double-takes when I see an '05 Mustang. I think Ford is heading in the right direction, but they still have more work to do, especially on Lincoln.

the Fusion will be huge. The 500 trio was slow to catch on but i think is starting to now. The Escape still does well. The trucks do well, too. I don't think too many of the newer Ford products need much tinkering, but they all do have some 'market weaknesses'. Like any domestic, Ford is fighting an uphill battle on all fronts lately. I think Ford and Gm's newest products have all been pretty good, even if they are missing a few things. Edited by regfootball

current models:
Milan
Milan
MILAN

Posted Image
the Fusion is really really nice too (yes, it will sell the most but I think Milan has a chance at 100k... if enough people check it out).

Mazda3 & Volvo S40
Mariner Hybrid Posted Image hope in the future Mercury gets the hybrids first.

The D3's! Montego and the 500 have wonderful proportions, they just need to take their 'details' to the next level.
future models:
the D385 (Lincoln's first D3 car) could be spectacular (as in 300what?, CLSwho? spectacular)... we'll see. I'm not giving odds but the potential IS there.

But personally, I like smaller cars. Can't wait for the
Volvo C30 to come out.

But the one I'm lighting candles for is...
the C2 Mercury! For those who haven't heard of it (yet), it will be the stablemate of the long-awaited new-platformed Focus. I believe [lights candle] this will be [lights another] the first true, domestic [gets bigger lighter] BMW 3 series challenger [lights sofa]. I really believe this. Yes, I do. [toasts marshmallows over sofa]

Besdes the Mustang and GT40. I'd buy the 500. Only after it gets a 6-spd auto and the 3.5L V-6. It's a great all-around car. It just needs more power.

I like the Focus (mostly the wagon), Mustang, Five Hundred/Montego, Freestyle, and Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis.

What Chief said. Their cars on the other hand....:puke:

I pick the Focus. Although its been around for a while, its the right size and right price for the times. I think that Ford limits the 2.3 engine to the manual transmission to make it seem a more sporty model than it is(like an STV replacement). Not a good way to go. Offer the people what they want and need.

I like the Focus a lot, even though it's getting a bit dated (I'm dissapointed Europe gets a new one and we don't). They drive very nicely for a FWD compact, IMHO...along with the Mazda3, the Focus is probably the best compact for the money out there, and I like how it has a choice of bodystyles. I'm a big fan of the Mustang (I've always been a fan and an owner). I could see myself buying a new GT convertible sooner or later.. I like the Fusion and Five Hundred also.. The Ford GT is a great fantasy/dream car. Love the styling (and it's NOT the GT-40--that was the Ford race car in the '60s). The SUVs and trucks don't really do anything for me, though (I'm not a truck guy).

#1 - Fusion/Milan. I think that these cars will prove to be even more pivotal for Ford than the Mustang (due to their larger volumes.) #2 - Mustang. I don't think I need to say anything more. #3 - Focus - Old architecture is still a great drive....but I only include the hatchbacks here because the sedan is starting to look a bit dowdy....plus it's the rental-fleet special.

The F-150, Fusion and Mustang are the only high cars Ford has got right now. And, given their murky, indecisive future lineup, I don't expect Ford to be making any rebound from the doldrums in the near future.

The Ford GT is a great fantasy/dream car. Love the styling (and it's NOT the GT-40--that was the Ford race car in the '60s).

Ehh... same thing. :P GT just sounds weird to me since I usually associate it with a trim level. So GT40 sounds better to me...

The GT and F-150 are the only products that I would consider buying if I were in the market for either of them. I saw a tan Fusion yesterday and it looked like crap. The front end is too tall and narrow looking, IMO.

a NONE! but i think the fusion will sale but no 6 speed auto for me!!!!

Current lineup: - Mustang - GT(44) :P - Crown Vic. - Focus ZX3/5

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead