Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt41

GTO

14 posts in this topic

To be honest, I would rather take the current(well, no longer but) version of GTO over 2 doored G8 junk. Not a big fan of G8 to begin with, and I honestly HATE that car so.... At least the current GTO kinda looked like a Pontiac in some way, the G8 and this does NOT, and it clearly shows that this IS a Holden, not Pontiac, even WITH the Pontiac grill. Also, I HATE the horrendous interior that the G8 has and the stupid looking black and red color that is too outrageous and overdone.

As for your chop, it's an awesome job btw.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

You've gotten better at chopping, Mario. :thumbsup:

To be honest, I would rather take the current(well, no longer but) version of GTO over 2 doored G8 junk. Not a big fan of G8 to begin with, and I honestly HATE that car so.... At least the current GTO kinda looked like a Pontiac in some way, the G8 and this does NOT, and it clearly shows that this IS a Holden, not Pontiac, even WITH the Pontiac grill. Also, I HATE the horrendous interior that the G8 has and the stupid looking black and red color that is too outrageous and overdone.

Got a map and directions to get out of that rant there, Diehard?

I think the coke-bottle beltline looks out of place on there, but the rest looks good. I really dig the headlights.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Now, since I heard that this design was not aggressive enough, tell me, what should I edit/add/subtract?

Subtract: a little bit of the rear window.

Instead of having a cokebottle for the beltline, maybe something like the old CTS, where the windowline stayed underneath the beltline the whole way back. http://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/2005-ct...allpaper_04.htm

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Change the front end to current Grand Prix, then I will be all over it. :P

And everyone else with actual taste won't.

The quality of the chop is certainly improved from the past... but I don't like the modifications. They detract from the otherwise attractive design.

And everyone else with actual taste won't.

The quality of the chop is certainly improved from the past... but I don't like the modifications. They detract from the otherwise attractive design.

Well, I was just joking you know that. Even though I still love the last breed of the Grand Prix which is my current favorite.... :)

Actually, I want the GTO to be designed in US now, taking a cue from that awesome '68(or was it '69?) Judge, which would be great. The Masterpiece of the past.....

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

I am not chewing down on his work. I love his work, I just don't like G8. OK?

I didn't say you were chewing down on his work. I did say, in a nutshell, that your enthusiasm for the Grand Prix is, at times, purely borderline psychotic. I don't mean that in a bad way, mind you. There's nothing wrong with a little enthusiasm, but you don't have to drink a five-thousand gallon jug of the fan-boy Kool-Aid at the top of the hour every hour, every day for the rest of your life.

And, personally, I'm happy to see the W-Body Grand Prix kick the bucket. The faster we get rid of the remnants of the Roger Smith era, the better. The W-Body is a way of GM-think I don't want to ever be reminded of.

Nice work, I like the detailing of the headlights and the kink up in the side, although I think it does it too early, it should go more towards the rear wheel. Nice tough. Too bad some members have to take out something as stupid as their dislike for one car on you. Pretty pathetic in my opinion, even though he did have to double back a few times to explain himself. Cars < People

The headlights would be alright if they weren't a direct ripoff of the Falcon.

6f69-Ford_falcon_rx8.JPG

Also, the roofline and c-pillar need to be far more coupe-like. I just looks like you did little more than take a door away.

And I'm all about the cokebottle revival, but it needs to be a little better integrated into the form of the car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0