New car is coming...'08 Malibu

After about a month of serious "I want an Enclave", the car talk from my mother died down. Then at Thanksgiving, I picked up an '07 Malibu 1LT 4-cyl and had it for a month while my Cadillac was being repaired post-accident...and the new frumpy mobile spurred a whole new family conversation.

Why? First trip I made in it, after being very impressed by the general build quality, refinement, and performance, I got an easy 37.0mpg highway doing 70-80. Owning an LT1 Fleetwood, that essentially dumbfounded me, and I praised the car and its gas sipping (but very zippy) 2.2L everyday I had it. I could definitely see how it wasn't greatly reviewed (the '04-07 is built well and generally refined, but has too much road roar, steering can be odd, and the suspension was a bit clunky...let alone the drab looks).

But this post? Well, after all that chat and my experience with that rental PLUS all the new 2008 Malibu commercials, we had a new contender--for both myself in the next year and my mother. She decided she really did want to downsize, as the Suburban has been loaded to the hilt many times, but 9 times out of 10 is just her commuting to work and back...it's an extreme vehicle for that, and pretty soon I'll be gone for good and my brother has a car, etc. As I've tried to point out for many years...that 1 or 2 days a year we need a big van, etc. to haul stuff--RENT ONE. It took years, but that finally sunk in.

Gave the Suburban a quick detail this morning, called up the saleslady we bought it from back in '04, and she was happy to get a new Malibu ready for me to pick up and swing by my mother's work for a look-see and drive. From the second I started it, I was astounded at the differences compared to the '07 I had. SO much quieter. SO much smoother. SO much better looking. And the 2.4L was definitely more authoritative and refined than my 2.2L old model.

She loved it, first look, and within her first few hundred feet of drive. "I love it. Go make a deal, and get me one." So I did--why can't I have days like this more often :rolleyes: Heck with shopping for other junk...I could look at and deal on cars all day, everyday.

After looking at pictures, she decided on either Silverstone/Titanium or Black Granite/Titanium...in a mid-level 2LT with the leather/suede Ultra-Lux and the 2.4L, with options up in the air. We DealerWorld searched and got about 3 or 4 of each color & model combo. She printed them out for me, and while she went to get the Suburban trade priced, I narrowed it down to 2 of the Silverstone ones (black pearl does look nice...but I know silver is better for her). Faxed a dealer swap request for the one and was going to put in a call to the other, and we weren't sure if either would get back today because they might be closed early, etc. Didn't respond by later, so Wednesday I should know.

Having dealt with her before, the saleslady was also great. She knew, from me being with my mother when we got the Suburban, that I already knew options, models, prices, etc. so was just printing out invoices and freely showing invoice, etc. No hassle, and even with short supply, said "Cut to the chase, we'll do a couple hundred over (invoice) and that's that." Couldn't have been easier, AND she even knew the product. Trade value wasn't glorious, but realistically, understandable and it isn't going to go up with more age and miles, so big whoop.

SO...long story short, after 3.5 years and 56k miles of Suburban, time to go back to a car--and a fantastic one at that. Hopefully this all goes through and will be more settled by mid/late week, and she can get one before too long.

Should be just like this, likely with a sunroof too (the 2 the dealer is trying for have it):

7.jpg

13.jpg

Vurry nahce... best of luck to your mom, and good job selling the wares!

That is a cool ass orange Silverado in the background, too. Is that at Burton's?

Hah...I know, isn't it? Side note, but that first picture is actually from Friendly Chevrolet, in Puyallup, WA. Here's a few others that show that Silverado:

03508024d.jpg

03508024e.jpg

03508024f.jpg

Seems like a custom order (fleet order color, maybe?) color, or just a custom job, with special wheels.

Back to the Malibu...my "you'd really like one of these" paid off again. Well, that, and my zippy little ugly '07 Malibu and the great new commercials promoting the new Malibu helped.

NOW, once this is all settled, I shall figure out the model/color I want myself come summer '08.

My impression of the Epsilon cars certainly changed in a month's time. Went from "Eh...okay" with the old Malibu, G6, and even the better Aura...to simply "Wow" with this new '08 Malibu. It really is, yet ANOTHER new GM that's just...well...fantastic. That full Lutz effect, mentioned by C&D in their Malibu review, certainly has finally shown up in full.

nice, i have yet to see one in my area. (i haven't looked at lots)

YES...this (again, if all goes through) will be still one of the first few even this dealer has sold--the last being a special ordered Black Granite 2LT to my salesperson's son.

Will be the first car, ever, I think, that she's had while still "new & hot". I certainly got more looks driving around in the white 1LT today, than any other car I've been in.

Just for the heck of it, here's some other random Malibu pictures I took on Christmas day when I buzzed by the dealer to see what they had. They've since sold the Dark Gray 1LT (replaced by the white one I had today), and the LS is still there, along with a black LTZ inside.

I posted these on GMI, and as I said there, one thing you can really tell from these pictures are the differences between a base LS and LT and up models. The black mirrors, plainer hubcaps, and lack of extra chrome bit here and there do change it quite a bit. Still a great looking car, and drastically better than a last gen base model, but base'ish for sure still.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

You can see my freshly repaired Fleetwood in #3...and in the last, the Oldsmobile insignia they still have on the Chevy/Olds building :scratchchin: This brought up a comment on GMI, and I never noticed it until now. I remember back in '04 chatting with the sales manager about how they were deleting Oldsmobile from all their stuff...but I guess that one light-up logo just stayed as a piece of nostalgia? Should have asked today, but will next time, about that.

The dealer closest to my house still touts itself as Shaganappi Chev Olds... Lot's of people don't wanna let go... It's not just enthusiasts.

Yeah, must be the same thing here. Oldsmobile is gone from all their ads, the main signs out front, etc., but they simply just left that one Olds insignia on the building. Not a bad thing, in my view, and for the most part, doesn't seem like a lot of people even realize it--I'm there weekly and never did until I took these pics and someone pointed it out.

Wow, caddy ... sounds like you and your Mom are BOTH very excited about this ... and that's cool. Congrats.

*sighs*

I just wish Ch#$r%*et made something I was excited about.... I'd love to have a new car, but until they do, I'm stuck with getting older cars, I guess....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

The Olds logo probably helps in bringing in Olds owners for service. Nice to see it still there. The Malibu looks much better in darker colors.

Yeah, it varies a lot with color. Looks larger in light shades and trimmer in dark.

She's gone back and fourth on color. Always wanted white and finally got it with the Suburban, only to actually be bored with it after a year ("it looks like a cheap refrigerator") and not liking how much it shows everything--just like black, but in the opposite way. Doesn't like blue. Doesn't like red. My '07 rental was the Amber Bronze, which I like, but she also doesn't like gold and the brown'ish color was out too. That left silver and then also black after seeing pictures. Still thought silver too was boring (it is...but the best for not getting old AND hiding dirt/scratches well), so it was #1.

Same with the interior. I know the general consensus, since new Malibu pictures came out, was that the Titanium gray inside looked really too rental car, but she has the same 2-tone gray in her Suburban and likes it a lot. Had beige before and liked it, but is REALLY picky about it being just the right shade--questioned the cocoa/tan in the Malibu. Similarly, black can be nice looking, but had it too and between dirt scuffs, dust, and dog hair, it's a big no as well. At least with the LT2, the leather/suede and the silver trim make the gray look richer.

SO...the perennial silver & gray we go. Still seriously considering a Black Granite & Titanium if something changes, but I'm a tad iffy on the color and she wants something that's really easy to keep looking nice.

Wow, caddy ... sounds like you and your Mom are BOTH very excited about this ... and that's cool. Congrats.

*sighs*

I just wish Ch#$r%*et made something I was excited about.... I'd love to have a new car, but until they do, I'm stuck with getting older cars, I guess....

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

Sounds like my father and brother...dad was jealous of the insane gas mileage my rental got, but still is far away from ever buying himself a new anything--and few things still compare to his cash paid for 200k mile Roadmaster, in his eyes. And my brother, with his '86 Regal, is anti FWD and 4cyl for his life.

Oh well. I have a monster LT1 V8 Fleetwood and really fell for this thing...so it's all in what you like.

This new car...when all goes through...is technically going to be a surprise for both of them. Kinda like, she'll just come home in it, with me entrail, to get a "So...when did you buy that?" Hah. Daddio should at least be smiling the first time he fills it up, vs. the weekly 30 gallon tank & 13-16mpg for the past 3.5 years.

Edited by caddycruiser

Sounds like my father and brother...dad was jealous of the insane gas mileage my rental got, but still is far away from ever buying himself a new anything--and few things still compare to his cash paid for 200k mile Roadmaster, in his eyes. And my brother, with his '86 Regal, is anti FWD and 4cyl for his life.

Well, it is rather nice to know that I'm NOT alone, after all ... because it feels increasingly more like I am the only one who feels this way.....

*shrugs*

And, yeah, I admit ... I get a bit jealous over those of ya getting new cars. As I noted, I'd love to have a new car, but since nothing out there really grabs my attention, I'm not willing to put down any money for something I'm going to end up disliking or even hating. Been there, done that ... twice, in fact. Heh ... and, yet, even a LITTLE bit part of me misses those 2 cars.... But, then again, I get attached to cars a bit too easily ;). he he he

"I've had enough" ... REO Speedwagon ... 'Time For Me To Fly'

You know what's really hitting me now, later on?

Suburban...to...Malibu! Similar to 5.3L V8 to 2.4L Ecotech 4-cyl (though the latter is so peppy, in addition to economical, in a light car, it's still fun).

Our previous Lambda plans weren't shocking at all, but this jump down is almost bizarre. Then again, the car is an upgrade in every respect except for size, so that's not a bad thing.

Actually, in chatting with the saleslady about this (she herself has an '07 Yukon), she said a couple was in on Saturday with a Yukon XL of similar vintage to ours, wanting something new. They were thinking of going down a bit to a regular Yukon, but weren't sure, and while just there talking about it, the wife said "You know, I really don't use or need all the space except for once in a blue moon" and they left with a sedan. Didn't say which, but that sounds exactly like us now.

The Suburban was the "ultimate" vehicle she ever has had, in size, features, and moreso price, so it will be missed. Having been in an Avalanche and then this since early 2002, and adjusting to driving both like Vettes...momma-zuma will be in shell shock later.

Having owned a 204 Malibu LT, I will say I am impressed with the all-new 2008 Malibu much more than I was with the overall design of my '04. I've been seeing many of the LT's on the roadways around southern NJ and I think they look great (however, the wife doesn't like them any differently). I still prefer the more athletic design of my AURA over the new Malibu, but think it's a great looking Chevy. I'm sure you're mom will be more than happy with it.

My sister and brother-in-law finally gave GM a chance in March, 2005 when they leased an Envoy XL SLT (loaded). At my parent's last night, they told me they went back to the dealership to see what the price would be if they were to buy it outright now. The finance manager made the call to GMAC and came back with $24k (way too much). They love their Envoy XL and want to keep it, but the auction prices hover around $15-$16K and even this dealer had a used 2005 selling for $18 or $19K. So why won't GM "wheel & deal" to sell them their truck, rather than lose the sale and have to take it to auction? Getting back to the point, they looked at the Acadia's on the lot, but don't want to spend $40k+ for a new vehicle when they'd be just as happy paying around $16-$18K for their Envoy XL (if GM were willing to sell it to them at that price). They have two kids (nephew is 10, niece is 4) and they do use the extra seating when the kid's friends come along. My sister is concerned about gas prices, so she brought up moving back to a sedan, but my brother-in-law likes the added space and versatility of a SUV, even with gas price concerns. So for now they have 2-3 months time to wait it out until the lease ends, but who knows what they will end up with (their Envoy XL, and Acadia/Enclave, a sedan, or something else?).

That orange Silverado is likely painted in the factory "Tangier Orange". It's a special order paint color that requires a dealership to place a minimum of five trucks ordered in that color. Usually that color is ordered for roadway departments (for example, the NJ Turnpike uses that color on all their trucks and orders from GM), so maybe that dealership was able to piggyback a stock unit for themselves on a fleet order? It also looks like they added custom rims to entice a potential truck customer to finish modifying the truck per their own requirements. Anyway, here's a link to the SEO paints on the GMC Sierra 1500 line:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...ID=3&page=9

That orange Silverado is likely painted in the factory "Tangier Orange". It's a special order paint color that requires a dealership to place a minimum of five trucks ordered in that color. Usually that color is ordered for roadway departments (for example, the NJ Turnpike uses that color on all their trucks and orders from GM), so maybe that dealership was able to piggyback a stock unit for themselves on a fleet order? It also looks like they added custom rims to entice a potential truck customer to finish modifying the truck per their own requirements. Anyway, here's a link to the SEO paints on the GMC Sierra 1500 line:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...ID=3&page=9

Yep, thought so.

On the Malibu, good points--I've been poking around a few discussions over on SaturnFans, where people are comparing the two. Really like the Aura's Euro-look a lot too, and the Malibu's is still a bit cooler to me--stands out a little more, at least now.

I understand the situation with your relatives, for sure. It's hard to give up something so large and useful, and just being able to load it up with people and stuff on a whim...but, in reality, it simply isn't done so enough to warrant it staying a thirsty daily driver, for us. Well, I don't think. 3.5 years and 57k miles...but it still looks oh so great, freshly detailed, out in the driveway. Eh...

Well...no more Silverstone/Titanium 2LT's to draw from. Found 3, dealer put in requests for 3, all of which were sold yesterday and today elsewhere.

Found & sent requests for Silverstone/Ebony (first choice, now), Dark Gray/Titanium and Black Granite/Titanium (second & third...not sure which) 2LT's.

They're hot, and we're impatient, hah. Everyone say a good wish for us still... :AH-HA_wink:

Good luck bud! I hope you tag one down sooner than later!

Yes! Actually have a friend who's been waiting for his ordered Red/Cashmere LTZ for a VERY long time too...we give each other daily updates now. Who can get one first...his order or our locating.

I was pulling for today, with us, at least to confirm...but now banking on tomorrow. We have 4 requests out there again today. As of this evening, one was definitely up for grabs...just not yet at the dealer in question, and the 3 others had yet to respond. Not so sure what the delay is between a dealer getting a fax at lunch time and then saying yes or no to a swap before the end of the day...but I've now seen it several times.

Tomorrow better be a "yes" day...for all of them :AH-HA_wink:

and in the last, the Oldsmobile insignia they still have on the Chevy/Olds building :scratchchin: This brought up a comment on GMI, and I never noticed it until now. I remember back in '04 chatting with the sales manager about how they were deleting Oldsmobile from all their stuff...but I guess that one light-up logo just stayed as a piece of nostalgia?

There's a little dealership here in Wellesley, MA that's been a local landmark for years that now belongs to a local Chrysler dealership that is used to keep their used/trade-in inventory at. However, they never took the original sign down from the 1970's and everybody around here still knows it as Haskins Oldsmobile.

poo081.jpg

One day a year the dealership moves their entire inventory from the lot and it's an Oldsmobile dealership once again for real for the annual Oldsmobile Spring Dust-off sponsored by the Eastern Massachusetts GMO chapter (you were probably wondering why there was a Starfire convertible and first gen 442 convertible underneath the sign!)

Yup, that's the car show where I met the Vietnam Vet who sold me my '64 Oldsmobile Super-88 Holiday (four door hardtop)

It was cool to see all those Oldsmobiles under that big Rocket logo sign.

There's also a derelict, semi-abandoned Plymouth dealer in western Mass that still has

big Mopar & Plymouth insignia all over the sign & building. Some town I passed through

on business a couple years ago...

Well, still no car. We're trying and the dealer is GREAT, but getting a swap is just a big drag. First 3 (all Silverstone/Titanium 2LT's) sold the same days we sent requests.

No more of that model & color combo within about 250 miles (started with 150, but she played with it because they will go further when needed), and still none. the other choice of my mother was Black Granite so we knew of a few of those from the start too. Searched for Silverstone/Titanium again, followed by Silverstone/Ebony (a lot of them...just narrowed it to the most loaded), Dark Gray/Titanium, and then the Black Granite/Titanium.

Sent requests on Thursday for:

1) Silverstone/Ebony...still not sure on the black interior, but like the silver still

2) Dark Gray/Titanium...really like the gray, actually, and sort of dead between silver & black

3) Dark Gray/Titanium (another)

4) Black Granite/Titanium...this is a cool color, and I like the pearl black, but very dark and possible maintenance issues for the momma

My saleslady was then off Friday but passed the info onto the manager and he watched for any answers. #3 was in transit but already sold, so out. #1, 2, and 4 STILL hadn't responded by today. The cars are listed, but after the initial faxes, she could only get one of the people on the phone today and then they never got back to her.

Getting miffed, and so is our saleslady--said "I NEVER expected it to be such a process to get you a Malibu..."--since cars are available, but at least with us, the first few sold just as we sent requests and now the dealers just take forever to respond or the person (apparently 1 or 2 "trade" people at each dealer) isn't there.

So, new plan of attack. Come Monday, she's calling again to all 3 we're waiting on to get answers. As well, in the process, somehow we missed another Dark Gray/Titanium at a dealer VERY close (quite familiar with it) and I called her so she could request it today too. That's the new #3. At the same time, we're also going to keep looking over the weekend and Monday (both me at home and her on DealerWorld) to see if anything else new pops up, in transit, etc.

If that doesn't pan out, the system will be ready, and they'll put in a sold order for us (i.e. priority) AND still in the process keep checking inventories for something else to pop up quicker--if this all were to happen, then they'd just keep the ordered car for the lot.

The key issues are a $2000 GM Card bonus that ends Jan. 31 and the trade value going down further with time (shouldn't much, and not a big deal, but still). Hence with the sold order and keep looking, so we can use the card bonus before it expires.

It's been a fun week, hah...tomorrow I'm buzzing over to the close by dealer that has the other one I found today. Having withdrawal after only seeing so many just "on paper"...

Well, still no car. We're trying and the dealer is GREAT, but getting a swap is just a big drag. First 3 (all Silverstone/Titanium 2LT's) sold the same days we sent requests.

No more of that model & color combo within about 250 miles (started with 150, but she played with it because they will go further when needed), and still none. the other choice of my mother was Black Granite so we knew of a few of those from the start too. Searched for Silverstone/Titanium again, followed by Silverstone/Ebony (a lot of them...just narrowed it to the most loaded), Dark Gray/Titanium, and then the Black Granite/Titanium.

Sent requests on Thursday for:

1) Silverstone/Ebony...still not sure on the black interior, but like the silver still

2) Dark Gray/Titanium...really like the gray, actually, and sort of dead between silver & black

3) Dark Gray/Titanium (another)

4) Black Granite/Titanium...this is a cool color, and I like the pearl black, but very dark and possible maintenance issues for the momma

My saleslady was then off Friday but passed the info onto the manager and he watched for any answers. #3 was in transit but already sold, so out. #1, 2, and 4 STILL hadn't responded by today. The cars are listed, but after the initial faxes, she could only get one of the people on the phone today and then they never got back to her.

Getting miffed, and so is our saleslady--said "I NEVER expected it to be such a process to get you a Malibu..."--since cars are available, but at least with us, the first few sold just as we sent requests and now the dealers just take forever to respond or the person (apparently 1 or 2 "trade" people at each dealer) isn't there.

So, new plan of attack. Come Monday, she's calling again to all 3 we're waiting on to get answers. As well, in the process, somehow we missed another Dark Gray/Titanium at a dealer VERY close (quite familiar with it) and I called her so she could request it today too. That's the new #3. At the same time, we're also going to keep looking over the weekend and Monday (both me at home and her on DealerWorld) to see if anything else new pops up, in transit, etc.

If that doesn't pan out, the system will be ready, and they'll put in a sold order for us (i.e. priority) AND still in the process keep checking inventories for something else to pop up quicker--if this all were to happen, then they'd just keep the ordered car for the lot.

The key issues are a $2000 GM Card bonus that ends Jan. 31 and the trade value going down further with time (shouldn't much, and not a big deal, but still). Hence with the sold order and keep looking, so we can use the card bonus before it expires.

It's been a fun week, hah...tomorrow I'm buzzing over to the close by dealer that has the other one I found today. Having withdrawal after only seeing so many just "on paper"...

check your mail. i got a thing from gm card this weekend. top off earnings promotion, 3000 bucks.

The color choices.

1) Silverstone/Titanium: The first choice.

7.jpg

13.jpg

2) Silverstone/Ebony: A compromise, to get the silver on a locate.

27.jpg

29.jpg

3) Dark Gray/Titanium: I really like it, and then am iffy. Good between silver & black.

1.jpg

13.jpg

4) Black Granite/Titanium: Really sharp, and makes the Malibu look even more elegant...just dark, and well, black.

28s.jpg

13.jpg

All Autotrader, etc. pictures...but, that's the pallette, if on of our locates is successful.

I had her build the "exact" one tonight, so I had that, and she hit Dark Gray first then Silverstone...so I think she'd stick with the Silverstone/Titanium if has to order. If not, she'll gladly change colors to one of the above to get it ASAP.

Edited by caddycruiser

check your mail. i got a thing from gm card this weekend. top off earnings promotion, 3000 bucks.

Yes, that was our $2000 bonus. If you were already over $2000, they bumped you to $3000.

At least this time we got it while actually car shopping...it's just a little struggle to actually get something to use it on, hah.

My grandparents are really wanting to buy a new Malibu. However only one thing is holding them back, the colour of the exterior. They want the car in a green with a cashmere interior. They love this 2LT model as well but they want to order it with the V6 and of course, green. GM has never had problems custom ordering their cars but now they do. I was hoping for them to be able to get this but GM really has no green colours any more. They would prefer a dark green but they didn't mind the Saturn Hybrid greens. I can't remember if the Aura came in a green but if it did I wouldn't see why they couldn't paint it that since they are built at the same location/ same platform. Personally, the 2LT model would be my choice with the 3.6L and it would be black on black. The black really works and it brings out the chrome accents. Good luck on your find. Our dealers around here are always sold out.

My grandparents are really wanting to buy a new Malibu. However only one thing is holding them back, the colour of the exterior. They want the car in a green with a cashmere interior. They love this 2LT model as well but they want to order it with the V6 and of course, green. GM has never had problems custom ordering their cars but now they do. I was hoping for them to be able to get this but GM really has no green colours any more. They would prefer a dark green but they didn't mind the Saturn Hybrid greens. I can't remember if the Aura came in a green but if it did I wouldn't see why they couldn't paint it that since they are built at the same location/ same platform. Personally, the 2LT model would be my choice with the 3.6L and it would be black on black. The black really works and it brings out the chrome accents. Good luck on your find. Our dealers around here are always sold out.

Yeah...looking at these pics more and more, and the black LTZ they have, ugh... :scratchchin:

As for green, that's been "out" for quite a while now, and no one really offers green (i.e. "no sale green") EXCEPT for the Saturn Sky and some random rare imports. Not a bad color at all, but not "in" for quite some time I expect.

I just looked up the Saturn Sky green and it is perfect. That would be exactly what they would want. Do you think GM would paint a Malibu in that colour? They have been loyal GM customers since 1974 so they have specially ordered all of their cars as well. Price is of no option as they don't really care. They would be willing to pay an extra price just to get their car painted that colour. I think it is called Forest Green.

I just looked up the Saturn Sky green and it is perfect. That would be exactly what they would want. Do you think GM would paint a Malibu in that colour? They have been loyal GM customers since 1974 so they have specially ordered all of their cars as well. Price is of no option as they don't really care. They would be willing to pay an extra price just to get their car painted that colour. I think it is called Forest Green.

No, that's just not possible. Special ordering at most just means ordering off the sheet that goes with a particular color...nothing else special.

The ONLY vehicles you can get in a special, non-standard color, are the full-size trucks and SUV's. GM offers about 5 "fleet" colors, such as yellow, orange, green, etc., and you can order them IF you order a certain number of them at once (like 5 or 10).

But not for the cars.

Green could be nice, but it still would make this car look older, I think. It already does, IMHO, to the Sky...doesn't look bad, just doesn't look too current.

Doesn't matter, as it isn't possible anyway. It seems completely different, I know, but with mother who only wanted silver before and then also said gray or black...really try and suggest to them Dark Gray or Imperial Blue. Both have the same kind of dark, but colored "aura" that a green car would, but look more modern and are actually available. I think, at least with the gray, once they saw it in person, etc., they might like it more...or not.

Posted this earlier on one of the main pages...but WE GOT ONE!

Actually placed an order for a fully decked out Silverstone/Titanium 2LT 4-cyl yesterday afternoon after the dealer swap looking was just not panning out, and were still going to keep searching in the meantime. Then today, got a call right at noon, from my saleslady saying that one of cars we had found and requested before--said to be spoken for--was now available to them again because the people looking at it were putzing around too much...and the sales manager at that place wanted our dealer's black LTZ for himself. If we wanted it, it was ours.

It's not the same as what we ordered, but great enough. Dark Grey with Titanium leather/suede, 2LT, with Sunroof, Premium Mats, and Side Molding. Missing the upgraded audio we did want...but it wasn't important enough that my mother cared to risk waiting any longer, so she enthusiastically said yes. I went down, got the final price papers, GM card redemption, etc., and it's a done deal.

She asked when we wanted it, and I said ASAP, and she said Thursday at latest--it's only 15-20 minutes away at the other dealer. I stopped by tonight, and the black LTZ was already MIA, so our grey one is either already there and hidden or will be down shortly. Quick rinse, re-PDI stuff to make sure, and change the dealer sticker...and we're good to go.

Mom's happy as a clam, dad was supposed to be suprised but she told him and he's miffed at the grey color ("Why'd you get THAT?"), and my brother is having sentimental moments with the Suburban. It's been absolutely fantastic, and we'll miss being able to load up the house and go...but that's rare anymore, and she's been disliking driving it daily more and more.

Pictures to come soon, once it's here! :AH-HA_wink:

Congrats Caddycruiser! I'm glad the search is over! look forward to seein pics1

Yes, yes...even my saleslady joked "Heh, and that was so easy to get" after I joked how good she was for putting in an order...and getting one less than a day later (just a little different)!

In reality, still would LOVE to have the fully decked out silver one I ordered...but this was too good, with no wait, perfect price, etc. to wait. I was still unsure about the gray, over the weekend when I stopped at the Saturn dealer who had the PERFECT comparo of silver, black, and gray Auras right next to one another. But it's always been one of my favorite shades, and VERY classy. Little richer than basic silver and not as "black" as black.

Little sad to let the Suburban--our biggest and most expensive vehicle ever--go, but it REALLY was just too much everyday. Dad was NOT happy when he heard, and is trying to convince her she won't be happy with it, but has shut up now. Also officially marks the end of full family trips (4 people, 3 dogs, and ALL their stuff)...so it's the end of an era in more than one way.

The car should be there tomorrow (if not already tonight), and they were just going to re-check everything, change the dealer sticker, and have it ready. And the general sales manager at the dealer it came from now has the Black/Brick LTZ he wanted for himself...so everyone is happy, and both dealers sold a car.

Yes, that was our $2000 bonus. If you were already over $2000, they bumped you to $3000.

At least this time we got it while actually car shopping...it's just a little struggle to actually get something to use it on, hah.

i'm only at 1500 and they are bumping me to 3k, i think they want to sell cars!

congrats on the car!

Edited by regfootball

I would have gone with the Ebony Suede for the Dark Grey exterior sorta like our Impala but I really like how smart the Titanium looks too! Congrats

Yeah, just not a fan of black/dark interiors. Had it once in our 300M, and between dust, scuffs, and just feeling more closed in...no.

We did consider, and thought we really wanted, a Silver & Ebony 2LT that we found, but they never responded. Dark Gray & Titanium should be very pretty. I know, and even I before, people here and elsewhere generally think the light gray looks the most "rental car"...but we really like light colored interiors, and she's had 2-tone light gray in her Suburban and has liked it the most of all.

I think dad is still "ugh" on the Dark Gray color...but then again, if it isn't white, it isn't his thing, so his horizons are narrow.

I think dad is still "ugh" on the Dark Gray color...but then again, if it isn't white, it isn't his thing, so his horizons are narrow.

Sounds like my father, except with him, his 'ugh' extends beyond the color of his wife's car, becoming almost curmudgeonly... :AH-HA_wink:

All kidding aside, I prefer the Ebony/Black interiors because I have big trouble with glare sometimes in the light gray ones and the black I feel, if it's matte enough, will diffuse a bit of it for me.

Was delivered this morning and still had some prep stuff to do, etc. so will get it tomorrow.

Simply...BEAUTIFUL! No more do I think the gray is at all maybe drab, and even more in person, the 2-tone titanium interior is a stunner--especially with the suede/leather & silver trim.

Pictures now, and I'll say a few more words in a bit:

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00011.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

THEY didn't do that front license plate bracket...another dealer did, but they're working on it. The saleslady was perturbed when she saw that, and worried what I'd think, but it will be removed and made okay.

More to come later, with some more details.