Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

January Car Spotting Thread

I've been seeing a lot of Caravans/T&C's and a few Focuses too.

Also, I got the chance to see the interior of a few vehicles today.. One being the Malibu. Great feel to it, and I was very impressed. I had a feeling it was still going to feel cheap and whatnot, but I was very enthused with it.

The second was the Challenger interior. Well, not the full interior, but enough to judge it. I'm not impressed, and it's IP material feels cheaper than the Malibu's, though it does have a thick padding to it. Oh, and don't expect it to look exactly like this:

http://seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Do...or-1024x768.jpg

Edited by NOS2006

Local dealer has two Astra 5-doors. One silver base (the wheel covers scream WALMART), and a blue XR. The silver car was totally coma-inducing, in and out. The blue one, only slightly less boring. The interior is perfect for a funeral, very plain and very black. I mean, I have black interior in the Sierra, but it seems nowhere near as sad as the Astra's.

I'm never going into a junkyard without my camera phone again.

The SHORT list:

1964 Ford short bed (with a 3-speed on the column and a dent in the door)

1970 El Camino SS

1974 Malibu Classic sedan in pea soup green

1978 Chevy C30 tow truck with no doors, windows, or front clip, still being used daily to drag wrecks around

1991 Suburban sitting on blocks with fresh (December 08 expiration) inspection and tags, front clip laying on the ground in front of it

Lots of 08 Malibus. Two XLRs, lots of Caravans around here (they look kinda nice, but I dunno, little too boxy for my taste), lots and lots and lots of Acadias, couple of Enclaves (I really really really like those). Unfortunately no classics spotted yet, but I'm keeping the eyes peeled for them.

1980s Autocar 10-wheeler dump

1968 Buick Wildcat hardtop (same one) red/black

1990s Mitsu 3000GT with a rear wing that was about 3 feet tall

1972 Cadillac deVille 4-dr hardtop (UPS drivers'daily driver year round, I see it everyday)

1973? BMW 2002, safety orange

1963? Ford Falcon two-door hardtop white/red

At the junkyard: :(

1986? Chevy Caprice Classic 2-door

1978 Datsun King Cab pickup 5-speed... complete

three 1980s Mercedes hardtops from the 1990s :( (two 300CEs and one 560SEC)

1976? Pontiac two door fullsize

too many semi-complete B-bodys to list

1976 Corvette (rotted to death, fiberglass body in pieces)

1961 Mercedes sedan (with the goofy tailfins)

three (or was it four) 1980-85 Cadillac Bustleback Sevilles

1980s BMW 635, pretty stripped

Went out for some take-out Thai tonite and on the way home, saw a goregous '69/70 silver w/black top Olds 98 4dr ht cruising along...pretty cool to see a car as old as I am on out and about.

I'd love to see that... :wub: I miss my '64 Super-88 Holiday.

Had some fun roadtrips in that car, now it's the Netherlands.

I saw the new 09 Dodge Ram...not bad, the not out yet 09 Dodge Journey, and a funky M-Class Mercedes with an m-plate on it with some weird hump on the hood. It had to be about 6" tall.

Where'd you see the Mercedes? I saw a similar thing on a Mercedes and BMW last year in the area I work, which is right down the road from the GM/BMW/Mercedes Hybrid Development building.

I saw a Mini Clubman on the road a couple of days ago.

I had seen 2 at the dealer when I went there to say 'hi' to the sales lady (If you saw her, you'd know why I always go there to say 'hi', hehe) and after seeing it on the road I still think it's cool, but in a weird way... I prefer mine over the Clubman.

I saw a Mini Clubman on the road a couple of days ago.

I had seen 2 at the dealer when I went there to say 'hi' to the sales lady (If you saw her, you'd know why I always go there to say 'hi', hehe) and after seeing it on the road I still think it's cool, but in a weird way... I prefer mine over the Clubman.

Is she your client?

About 5 FWD cars stopped at the bottom of a snow-covered hill, afraid or unable to make it up. Of course I squeezed by them in my REAR-WHEEL DRIVE GMC SIERRA WITH G80 LOCKING REAR END and 200 pounds of landscaping gravel in bags in the bed. Yeah, baybee! ^_^

Late model Plymouth Volare sedan, in black, with chrome, fullface wheels (about 16", not huge) and a Cadillac V-Series (or G6 GXP) style, mesh crosshatch grille.

1973 Chrysler Newport sedan, in perfect period brown, in beautiful condition, cruising silently, 440 and Torqueflite ready to come alive and pounce at any moment.

Edited by ocnblu

Performance Red G6 GT coupe with Street Package. Looks good, imo. It consists of the Bugs Bunny front fascia, side skirts and rear bumper of the GXP version of the package, but with last year's GTP 18" machined-face rims. The package really brings the car to the ground... so glad it does not include the ugly wing. Also saw some G6 sedans with the Chrome Package, which really brightens up the front end of the car. It consists of chromed lower grilles and a thicker band of chrome around a deep-set upper grille. Looks nice.

Red HHR SS (another autotragic) at the local dealer.

White BMW M3 totally destroyed, sitting at my family farm.

Edited by ocnblu

Forgot to mention... black 3 door Astra XR with no options at local dealer. I like the styling of the car, especially from the A-pillars back, and the 17" rims look good. That interior is really blah, though. Looks well put-together, but it is really somber, and the cloth upholstery looks chintzy, imo. Maybe the leather would make it more appealing.