Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlumCrazy

IT'SONLYROCKNROLLBUTILIKEIT!

20 posts in this topic

Well, so much for my self-imposed sabatical. Here's yet another Camaro (with intentional Corvette overtones) for a ccontest over at GMI. I wanted to really get away from the retro cues and create a really sexy shape. Hope it worked.

Posted Image

VERY sexy. Great job once again! You're on a roll (before and after the shortest hiatus ever lol)

not sure about the low slung grille, or the corvette-esque body style. the corvette, to me at least, represents the sleek and sexy athlete for chevy. i always envision the camaro as the blockier, stockier big-engined go-fast street machine that we can actually afford. and when i think camaro, i think 1st gen broad shoulder, not low slung 4th gen. im not saying make it retro, retro inspired camaro concepts are the last things we need more of. but make the essence true to the first gen, and not so much the vette.

I'd move the fog lights out of the grill and into the little cutouts below the headlights (they wouldn't need to be round either, something like CTS-V would work), and the grille might come down just a tad too low. Overall, great job as always and nice to see you back!

Great sketch, awsome car but it's not right for a 5th gen. Camaro IMHO. This would seem to be a great Kappa coupe however.

Well, so much for my self-imposed sabatical.  Here's yet another Camaro (with intentional Corvette overtones) for a ccontest over at GMI.  I wanted to really get away from the retro cues and create a really sexy shape.  Hope it worked.

Posted Image

[post="30200"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is one sexy car.
Good job man!
B)

Wow. One of your best drawings ever. Very easy on the eyes, and much more interesting than all those takes on the first generation.

It doesn't look retro, but is still recognizably Camaro. I like it. :)

It doesn't look retro, but is still recognizably Camaro. I like it. :)

[post="30564"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The egg crate grille is definately retro but the overall shape only eludes to the California Camaro. I love all Camaros but I think the 1st gen. cars are a whole cooler than all the other 3 gens combined.

Definitely succeeded with the sexy shape! It doesn't seem as edgy as the c6 though - the fenders don't seem creased at all. I think I'd rather see something with more edges to it. And there's something about the grille that isn't working for me - although I really like the fog lights being in it. Maybe the "Large mouth bass" grille is too retro for me......dunno, can't put my finger on it. All in all though it's another awesome sketch! I'm SO glad you're vacation was quick (though I'd love to see your take on things other than cars :)

The front end is great....the greenhouse makes me think of RX-7 and Bradley GT.

You have some rather, dare I say?, sensious lines on that car, Plum. Definitly sleek.

That would make an awesome new 'Maro OR 'Vette (with pop up lamps) either one!!! Love the swoopy fenders and wasp-waist. Natural evolution of the last generation too, but with more personality. Shweet! Please don't leave us again! :)

damn, i wish someone would colorize this beauty

[FONT=Arial]

Well, so much for my self-imposed sabatical.  Here's yet another Camaro (with intentional Corvette overtones) for a ccontest over at GMI.  I wanted to really get away from the retro cues and create a really sexy shape.  Hope it worked.

Posted Image

[post="30200"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

just for emphasis here it goes again. sleek, handsome, artful, cool. would make a great 5th gen, except for maybe the face is a little too "nice", a touch feminine

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0