Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Goodbye.... Well, for now

Hello, Just wanted to say goodbye. I won't really cancel my membership here, but I just felt that most of my threads got ignored these days and gets buried in the back never to be retrieved, also, I know most people are sick of me whinning about things, spamming with all the nonsense(including my less than stellar pics), and all the craps I posted here, so I felt it is time for me to take a break. I already post in more than 16 - 20 boards, so, for now, I will be focusing more on improving my 3 sites, and decided to part with so many great people I met here.

I may come back later(god knows when), but I guess, I will take some rest for now. I know most people hate me here, so I will just take some time off for now to cool off and for those people to forget me.

Thank you all, you've all been a great friends of mine.

Ummm....bye, I guess.

For the 8,463rd time I am going to rant about how if people dont like a forum (not just this one, any forum) they really shouldn't bother posting threads about how they're leaving and why they're leaving. If you're leaving, leave, people may notice, they may not, but posting junk like this just appears to be a plea for attention. I would recommend that nobody else reply to this thread (I know I am almost as big a hypocrite as certain members we have here) because a member who doesn't want to be around wont read it anyways, right? And if they do read it and reply to it, it just means they did want to be around, they just wanted some attention, so leaving replies would just validate them.

<tongue in cheek>

Intercom: This concludes the safest part of your journey. Thank you for surfing C&G Airlines. As we indicated at the start of the flight, we at C&G Airlines are bitter about the career paths we have taken, and we do then to take that out on our members. We at C&G Airlines realize that in your online plans you have a choice of many discussion boards, but we'd like to thank you for surfing the GM skinned boards of Cheers & Gears.

Steward: Okay, here we go - thanks for flying with us, buh-bye. Buh-bye! Thanks, now. Buh-bye.

Stewardess: Buh-bye. Buh-bye. Buh-bye.

Steward: Buh-bye. Buh-bye. Hey, you live here in Pittsburgh?

Passenger 1: Uh.. no, actually, I -

Steward: Buh-bye! Buh-bye.

Passenger 2: Uh, excuse me, could you tell me -

Stewardess: Buh-bye. I'm sorry, what part didn't you understand - the buh or the bye? Buh-bye.

Steward: Buh-bye.

Passenger 3: Hi, I'm getting a connecting flight to Denver, and I was wondering if you know the gate?

Stewardess: Buh-bye.

Passenger 3: Yeah, I'm.. I'm just about..

Passenger 3: But if you just wait..

Steward: Buh-bye. Buh-bye. You're very heavy.

Passenger 4: [ angry ] What did you say to me?!

Steward: [ defensive ] What?! I said "Buh-bye!" I just said "Buh-bye" 40 times in a row, why would I say anything else, it doesn't make sense! Did I just say something without knowing it? No! Go! Buh-bye!

Passenger 5: Hi, I was just wondering -

Steward: No, no, no - buh-bye! Buh-bye!

Passenger 5: Excuse, me.. hello! You have been rude to me..

Steward: Buh-bye!

Passenger 5: ..the entire flight -

Stewardess: Buh-bye!

Passenger 5: No! I wanted a blanket,

Passenger 5: and you never -

Passenger 5: ..you never brought it to me -

Pilot: Buh-bye!

Passenger 5: And I will -

Passenger 5: I will -

Passenger 5: You are so rude!

Passenger 5: I will never fly -

Passenger 5: This is ridiculous!

Passenger 5: Screw this!! [ exits plane ]

</tongue in cheek>

<tongue in cheek>

Intercom: This concludes the safest part of your journey. Thank you for surfing C&G Airlines. As we indicated at the start of the flight, we at C&G Airlines are bitter about the career paths we have taken, and we do then to take that out on our members. We at C&G Airlines realize that in your online plans you have a choice of many discussion boards, but we'd like to thank you for surfing the GM skinned boards of Cheers & Gears.

Steward: Okay, here we go - thanks for flying with us, buh-bye. Buh-bye! Thanks, now. Buh-bye.

Stewardess: Buh-bye. I'm sorry, what part didn't you understand - the buh or the bye? Buh-bye.

Passenger 3: Hi, I'm getting a connecting flight to Denver, and I was wondering if you know the gate?

Steward: [ defensive ] What?! I said "Buh-bye!" I just said "Buh-bye" 40 times in a row, why would I say anything else, it doesn't make sense! Did I just say something without knowing it? No! Go! Buh-bye!

</tongue in cheek>

Someone watching too much of SNL.

<tongue in cheek>

</tongue in cheek>

:yes:

DGPF, don't forget to come back..

I wouldn't let stuff brother ya...everyone has an opinion....

I'm on a bunch of sites myself..stuff happens.

The key is not letting it brother you. It's not worth it.

You want nasty? Try posting on clubsi.com.....I don't think half this board could hang there.... :yes:

What's lame?

Not just kids on that site..remember-these are the new "muscle" cars....

You might want to check it out...

I post there once in a while...the Si Vs is really, really funny....

Ah, just a little FWD econobox...I don't know how one could get too exited about such vehicles..

Someone watching too much of SNL.

Actually no, but when I read the sob story above I just thought "buh bye", and then my brain went to the SNL skit, then I got the net and found the words to it, changed them around a bit, and voila, a masterpiece. :P

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, I'll sing you a parting little tune then ...

"He had a lot to say.

He had a lot of nothing to say.

We'll miss him.

Yeah, so long.

We wish you well.

You told us how you weren't afraid to die.

Well then, so long.

Don't cry.

Or feel too down.

Not all martyrs see divinity.

But at least you tried.

Standing above the crowd,

He had a voice that was strong and loud.

We'll miss him.

Ranting and pointing his finger

At everything but his heart.

We'll miss him.

No way to recall

What it was that you had said to me,

Like I care at all.

So loud.

You sure could yell.

You took a stand on every little thing

And so loud ..."

Here's my rant... :soapbox: It's somewhat cryptic and generalized but people are getting heated around here... and it's a good a time as any to get this off my chest.

I think a problem that several mods,members,admins,etc all have at the moment is that GM is in the process of making changes (some are probably dramatic) and we're all having difficulty understanding and adjusting to the logic driving the changes (both business wise and ethical.)

It is not one person (member, mod, admin, etc) making these decisions... least of all the staff here at C&G. We're all watching the train pass with the rest of you... whether it wrecks or not is unknown.

C&G has always had an outspoken audience for GM of old. Not just reliving the good-old days, but also in trying to modernize GM's legacy offerings to be legitimate vehicles in today's market.

The problem is, the market has changed. Can a brand change to survive in today's market? If it can, is it the same brand or did it sell its soul in the process? Oldsmobile did all of that and the price was too great.

Should all of GM's other brands attempt the same? Honestly, would a SC 4-cyl RWD compact coupe or sedan say Pontiac? Isn't it the farthest thing from a V8 Trans-Am muscle car? If people are willing to accept those changes to allow Pontiac to survive then what other heirloom vehicles are people willing to sacrifice for a brand to have a chance of survival in the 21st Century?

The G8 is nothing like any Pontiac that's existed in my lifetime. That's over 30 years. But... I do think it's a good match for Pontiac. Is it enough? No. what would be enough? Is there anything that would be enough?

Chevrolet's "dowdy" Caprice & "modern" Lumina were Chevrolet's flagships when I started noticing Chevrolet. I gagged when looking at them. Only in a certain trim did the Caprice look alright (Impala SS) but it didn't help the rest of Chevrolet's line-up from looking cheap and cobbled together. Corsica, Beretta, Lumina, Cavalier etc... were far from class leading in many respects. Many on C&G were Chevrolet fans while these cars sat on dealer's lots. Considering the dramatic improvement of Chevrolet's line-up, why turn your back on the brand now? Regardless if the Impala stays FWD or disappears altogether, Chevrolet is in far better shape than it has been in decades.

GM's survival and success doesn't ride on a single platform... there's no "K-car" that will destroy or make GM. GM's legs are deeply entrenched in dozens of markets across the world that form the foundation of this company. With the demand for alternative fuel sources increasing across the globe, fuel efficiency is top priority. That has less to do with any platform, but with engineering capabilities. Like it or not, GME is leading in that area. European manufacturers in general have been researching alternatives for decades. Infrastructures for the delivery of many alternative fuels are further along in Europe than in the US. Those markets have provided the experience of what can work and what doesn't.

A thought to throw out… What if the UV8 and certain Zeta models were canceled because of such a formerly unbelievable idea. What if GM now plans to make a line of flagship vehicles based of the Sequel or Hy-Wire strategies? Autonomy skateboard flagships coming our way? Who knows at the moment…

None of us know everything that's going on but we need to keep our opinions, assumptions, and fears in perspective as things begin to change and adjust. We each have the right to agree or disapprove of the changes, but we shouldn't take those aggressions out on each other. We shouldn't become so personal where a member, mod, admin, etc is viewed as the enemy. GM was not, does not, and never will be run strictly by one individual's vision. Even Durant was voted off the island more than once.

We're all customers or potential customers. As a business GM will continue with the goal to provide products that the market will buy (or products they don't know they want to buy yet. :scratchchin: ) There's always hope for anything and everything... but for the love of all things, direct that energy toward GM and not at a particular member, mod, admin, or C&G as a whole.

Here's my rant... :soapbox: It's somewhat cryptic and generalized but people are getting heated around here... and it's a good a time as any to get this off my chest.

I think a problem that several mods,members,admins,etc all have at the moment is that GM is in the process of making changes (some are probably dramatic) and we're all having difficulty understanding and adjusting to the logic driving the changes (both business wise and ethical.)

It is not one person (member, mod, admin, etc) making these decisions... least of all the staff here at C&G. We're all watching the train pass with the rest of you... whether it wrecks or not is unknown.

C&G has always had an outspoken audience for GM of old. Not just reliving the good-old days, but also in trying to modernize GM's legacy offerings to be legitimate vehicles in today's market.

The problem is, the market has changed. Can a brand change to survive in today's market? If it can, is it the same brand or did it sell its soul in the process? Oldsmobile did all of that and the price was too great.

Should all of GM's other brands attempt the same? Honestly, would a SC 4-cyl RWD compact coupe or sedan say Pontiac? Isn't it the farthest thing from a V8 Trans-Am muscle car? If people are willing to accept those changes to allow Pontiac to survive then what other heirloom vehicles are people willing to sacrifice for a brand to have a chance of survival in the 21st Century?

The G8 is nothing like any Pontiac that's existed in my lifetime. That's over 30 years. But... I do think it's a good match for Pontiac. Is it enough? No. what would be enough? Is there anything that would be enough?

Chevrolet's "dowdy" Caprice & "modern" Lumina were Chevrolet's flagships when I started noticing Chevrolet. I gagged when looking at them. Only in a certain trim did the Caprice look alright (Impala SS) but it didn't help the rest of Chevrolet's line-up from looking cheap and cobbled together. Corsica, Beretta, Lumina, Cavalier etc... were far from class leading in many respects. Many on C&G were Chevrolet fans while these cars sat on dealer's lots. Considering the dramatic improvement of Chevrolet's line-up, why turn your back on the brand now? Regardless if the Impala stays FWD or disappears altogether, Chevrolet is in far better shape than it has been in decades.

GM's survival and success doesn't ride on a single platform... there's no "K-car" that will destroy or make GM. GM's legs are deeply entrenched in dozens of markets across the world that form the foundation of this company. With the demand for alternative fuel sources increasing across the globe, fuel efficiency is top priority. That has less to do with any platform, but with engineering capabilities. Like it or not, GME is leading in that area. European manufacturers in general have been researching alternatives for decades. Infrastructures for the delivery of many alternative fuels are further along in Europe than in the US. Those markets have provided the experience of what can work and what doesn't.

A thought to throw out… What if the UV8 and certain Zeta models were canceled because of such a formerly unbelievable idea. What if GM now plans to make a line of flagship vehicles based of the Sequel or Hy-Wire strategies? Autonomy skateboard flagships coming our way? Who knows at the moment…

None of us know everything that's going on but we need to keep our opinions, assumptions, and fears in perspective as things begin to change and adjust. We each have the right to agree or disapprove of the changes, but we shouldn't take those aggressions out on each other. We shouldn't become so personal where a member, mod, admin, etc is viewed as the enemy. GM was not, does not, and never will be run strictly by one individual's vision. Even Durant was voted off the island more than once.

We're all customers or potential customers. As a business GM will continue with the goal to provide products that the market will buy (or products they don't know they want to buy yet. :scratchchin: ) There's always hope for anything and everything... but for the love of all things, direct that energy toward GM and not at a particular member, mod, admin, or C&G as a whole.

A good note. Now tell me the real reason why Fly is underground? :P. It seems like he is gone hiding, not posting anymore, neither took part in the major shake up of the website. Is he a Toy fanboy now and you booted him?

A good note. Now tell me the real reason why Fly is underground? :P. It seems like he is gone hiding, not posting anymore, neither took part in the major shake up of the website. Is he a Toy fanboy now and you booted him?

I was wondering the same thing... Where is Fly?

Good point Ven. With big changes, now is a particularly good time for GM to become a leader in the upcoming changes that each automaker must meet. The market changes with various needs of the people and from legislation. Some are taking it too personally. Cars are not personal, its a business.

Good point Ven. With big changes, now is a particularly good time for GM to become a leader in the upcoming changes that each automaker must meet. The market changes with various needs of the people and from legislation. Some are taking it too personally. Cars are not personal, its a business.

Agreed... I'll be upset there's no Large RWD cars... I'll be even more upset if Lucerne and Impala aren't replaced at all and just cease to be... but at the end of the day it's a business decision and GM has many other fine cars I would enjoy such as the Aura, 08 Malibu, Acadia, and the 2010 LaCrosse. I rooted for them in 1999, why should I throw in the towel now?

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Many on C&G were Chevrolet fans while these cars sat on dealer's lots. Considering the dramatic improvement of Chevrolet's line-up, why turn your back on the brand now?

*raises eyebrow sharply*

Why?

Oh ... maybe because Ch#$r%*et turned its collective backs on its enthusiasts when it decided to bring out the Ch#$r%*et Corolla/Toyota Nova in the mid-1980s ... and then continued down that path in the 90s and today.

Is Ch#$r%*et in far better shape today than it has been in decades? Oh my yes. Can't argue that. But, that doesn't mean I like ... or, rather, HAVE to like ... what they've done to get there....

*shrugs*

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

I just wanted to let you know its been quite abrasive around here lately and i'm going to be leaving for awhile.

leaving........ to go potty and a night snack. then, if I'm tired, I'll go to sleep, and, hopefully, shower in the morning.

well, between that and travelling overseas for a few months and relocating and then just PMSing in general.

so yeah, i'll be gone for a couple hours.

I just wanted to let you know its been quite abrasive around here lately and i'm going to be leaving for awhile.

leaving........ to go potty and a night snack. then, if I'm tired, I'll go to sleep, and, hopefully, shower in the morning.

well, between that and travelling overseas for a few months and relocating and then just PMSing in general.

reg, where will you be traveling to, somewhere exotic?

I've been wondering about Brian myself. I hope he's OK. Maybe his new job is taking all of his time.

Nice rant, Ven. Yes, things here have been in disarray. When a group of people who care enough about something (in our case, GM) elect to spend time on the internet posting their thoughts, hopes and concerns, of course an abrupt change of course is going to cause waves of discontent, at least until the new course is clearly mapped out. We know GM is in a pretty major flux right now, and we're all pretty vividly speculating on the company's future. The promise of Zeta some of us have been waiting decades for has once again, seemingly, evaporated. We don't know what is going to take its place, and I'm sure many within GM are scrambling to come up with a new course of action. It is easy to think negatively about all these events coming together at once... Mr. Lutz' (a man revered by many) seeming loss of influence, his upcoming retirement, a largely unknown likely replacement, along with new CAFE rules... that's a lot of upheaval to deal with in a short time, imo.

All we can do as GM fans is hope for the best and trust in GM management while continuing to offer our opinions, our hopes, and our concerns, hopefully without imploding. The next decade looks to be one of major change at GM.

Best...forumcide...ever. :thumbsup:

Do what you need to do Diehard GrandPrix Fan, and comeback when and if you're ready. We should still be here.

And a little Dr. Phil advice for you - realize that while you are passionate about the Pontiac Grand Prix, you're one of few here that have any respect for that car. I fell in love with the 1995 GPX concept car <showcasing the new-for-'97 Grand Prix> and eventually the wife and I leased one in 2000 ('00 GT Sedan). When the all-new-for '04s came out, I was impressed with the ride & handling improvements, but nothing else. GM/Pontiac lost me as a GP fan; that can be said for a lot of people, and especailly those that never liked the W-body cars at all. Now with the intro of the G8, many people are passionate about that car; I myself included. You come here, professing your love of the GP and your hatred of the G8 in many, many threads. While you're entitled to your opinion, you've come across to strongly and many here feel as if you just whine about the loss of the GP. Do what you need to do to get the car of your dreams, but realize that we here unfortunately cannot help you reverse GM's decision to rid itself of the profit-losing Pontiac W-body. Be a good contributor to the C&G community, not just a whiner. And I don't think anyone poster here goes to bed each night cursing the thought of you with their hatred!

Best of luck to you in reaching your goals and in reorganizing yourself. Comeback when you feel like it.

Hello, Just wanted to say goodbye. I won't really cancel my membership here, but I just felt that most of my threads got ignored these days and gets buried in the back never to be retrieved, also, I know most people are sick of me whinning about things, spamming with all the nonsense(including my less than stellar pics), and all the craps I posted here, so I felt it is time for me to take a break. I already post in more than 16 - 20 boards, so, for now, I will be focusing more on improving my 3 sites, and decided to part with so many great people I met here.

I may come back later(god knows when), but I guess, I will take some rest for now. I know most people hate me here, so I will just take some time off for now to cool off and for those people to forget me.

Thank you all, you've all been a great friends of mine.