Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Let it pick who you would vote for

Dsuupr

I found a fun way to see what candidate fits your desires of our next president.

What candidate fits your views

It picked Ron Paul for me.

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO CANDIDATES AND OTHER'S VIEWS. THIS IS TO BE ABOUT FUN, NOT SLAMMING OTHERS. LIMIT YOUR RESPONSE TO WHO THE WEBSITE PICKS FOR YOU AND NOT SLAMMING ON ANY CANDIDATE OR PERSON.

Guest YellowJacket894

It picked "Theoretical Ideal Candidate" (1st) then Ron Paul (2nd), then Christopher Dodd (3rd), then John Edwards (4th), then Barack Obama (5th).

I guess that, according to the poll, I should be a presidential candidate? :huh:

Eliminating those who withdrew, it picked Mike Gravel (71%) , Dennis Kucinich (68%), and Barack Obama (66%) for me... Whoever the hell those first two are. :P

Although, reading through Gravel's "profile", I do like his stance on most things. Too bad that I haven't heard of him and is probably far from a front runner. Obama works, though.

Edited by blackviper8891

I would also like to say, for the record, that abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research and (some) drug issues should be handled at the state level. The Tenth Amendment, for those who haven't been in high school in a while:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Sorry, really doesn't have much to do with the original post, just had to get it off my chest.

I would also like to say, for the record, that abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research and (some) drug issues should be handled at the state level. The Tenth Amendment, for those who haven't been in high school in a while:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Sorry, really doesn't have much to do with the original post, just had to get it off my chest.

I generally agree.

Obama 86% which is weird because I will probably vote for him in the primary once the guy who should be elected (Richardson) drops out

Here is another, similar quiz.

For the hell of it I tried the first poll but had no candidate over 50 percent then tried this one and

got Giuliani and Kucinich for a tie, with Dodd and Clinton right behind.

At this point Obama, Paul, Richardson, or Kucinich would have had my support. Even McCain is looking better by

the day.

I don't put much faith in these surveys suffice to say I wonder how many others might.

Eh... I came out Obama on top, but I support Hillary.

I did the "Comparison of Positions" between the two. Not sure how Obama came out above Hillary based on their standings. I went back and plugged in all of Hillary's standings based on the comments provided for a test, and it came up with Al Gore on top (of all people...) Hmmm....

Al Gore on top of Hillary, now thats a mental image. Was it the fat Al Gore from the Oscars or the less-fat Al Gore from 2000?

yeah... it caught me off guard too. I think it was actually the Al Gore that was hunting Manbearpig...

manbearpig.jpg

manbearpig.jpg

Gotta love South Park... There's a nuclear device where?

HillarySouthPark.jpg

MINE:

1. Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
Because, as always, there truly is a lack of choice this year.

2. Ron Paul (60%)

This guy gets my interest... I haven't researched him though.

3. Barack Obama (58%)
I predict this man will be the next president... I also predict that I will not be voting for him.

4. John Edwards (57%)

I could maybe go for Edwards... Maybe.

5. Al Gore (not announced) (55%)
F*ck that! It'd be a cold day in hell before I vote for Gore.

8. Hillary Clinton (50%)

LOL... Yeah right.

12. John McCain (48%)

I've always been a fan of McCain and I might end up voting for him if he gets the nod.

1. TID

2. Chuck Hagel (who?) 52%

3. Duncan Hunter (who?)

4. Alan Keyes (not a fan at all)

5. John Edwards (can't stand that panderer / say whatever you want to hear)

6. Tom Tancredo (he has some real cred-o in this election, who is he?)

7. Barack Obama (I don't want no Osama for pres)

8. Ron Paul (who?)

9. John McCain (ok)

10. Gore (bite me)

11. Sam Brownback (who?)

12. Joseph Biden (he still around?)

13. Rudolph Giuliani (Like rudi)

14. Stephen Colbert (who?)

15. Hillary Clinton (don't get me started)

16. Christopher Dodd ?

17. Mike Huckabee (thank God he was not my 1)

18. Mitt Romney (oven mitt, isn't his wife hot?)

19. Fred Thompson (isn't his wife hot?)

it's like car shopping. too many choices, most you hate or don't want, never can find what you like best.

Edited by regfootball

My results:

2. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (85%) ( never heard of this guy)

3. Dennis Kucinich (81%) (I used to live in Ohio)

4. Barack Obama (80%) (I'll probably vote for him or Hillary)

5. Hillary Clinton (76%)

6. Joseph Biden (withdrawn) (76%)

7. Christopher Dodd (withdrawn) (73%)

8. Mike Gravel (70%)

9. John Edwards (69%)

10. Al Gore (not announced) (68%)

2. Dennis Kucinich (90%)

3. Barack Obama (88%)

4. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (85%)

5. Christopher Dodd (withdrawn) (81%)

6. Joseph Biden (withdrawn) (80%)

7. Hillary Clinton (78%)

Never heard of this Kucinich.

When exactly do the parties actually choose their candidates??

Never heard of this Kucinich.

When exactly do the parties actually choose their candidates??

Kucinich looks kinda like a troll, but he is a really smart guy who is willing to talk straight since he knows he has no chance of winning. Paul and Kucinich are the two candidates who really intrigue me, but neither has a prayer.

And the candidates wont be chosen until we go through another 49 primaries and the two conventions, which are sometime this summer.

2. Dennis Kucinich (56%) Information link

3. Ron Paul (53%) Information link

4. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (52%) Information link

5. Barack Obama (48%) Information link

6. Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (48%) Information link

7. Alan Keyes (47%) Information link

8. Joseph Biden (withdrawn) (47%) Information link

9. Mike Gravel (47%) Information link

10. Bill Richardson (46%) Information link

I wish they had used better questions.

Kucinich looks kinda like a troll, but he is a really smart guy who is willing to talk straight since he knows he has no chance of winning. Paul and Kucinich are the two candidates who really intrigue me, but neither has a prayer.

And the candidates wont be chosen until we go through another 49 primaries and the two conventions, which are sometime this summer.

Hes got a hot wifey, too.

This thread also points out the imbalance in North American political interest.

Canadians know who most of the important American candidates are. Most Americans probably don't even know who the Prime Minister of Canada is, or what party he represents.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong here, it's just amusing.

I raced trough it...

2. Ron Paul (68%)

who the heck is Alan Keyes? lol Of the names I know, Romney was first, but I'm not voting for him, and I'll leave it at that.

he's only on the SC ballot. he was way to angry the last debate ..of nov? maybe?

FOG Please look more into Paul.

Gravel is from Alaska

Alan Augustson (quick google) green party canidate.

Canadians know who most of the important American candidates are. Most Americans probably don't even know who the Prime Minister of Canada is, or what party he represents.

Canadians have elected officials? :blink:

C EH N EH D EH?

Yeah, we get a 4 year DICTATORSHIP, too! :lol:

NOt that I can vote down there, but

Who the hell is Joseph Biden???? 68%

Hilary 66%

Kucinich? 63%

All good fun. I can't say I'd want to move to Antarctica if Hilary won.

Paul got 10% in iowa .. that's good from a candidate that wants to get rid of subsidies... to everything.

Looking at his history, Ron Paul turns out to be a pure politician. He says he wants small government and to end pork, but he attaches pork projects for his district to spending bills that will pass with flying colors, then votes against them.

1. Theoretical Ideal

2. Obama (83%)

3. Dodd (73%)

4. Edwards (71%)

Very interesting website. Obama is very well spoken, and doesn't come across as one of the 'hardcore, washington old-skool elite' (you get the impression, but I think you are fooling yourself if you believe that any one of them isn't just that -- the question is: to what degree?)

Looking at his history, Ron Paul turns out to be a pure politician. He says he wants small government and to end pork, but he attaches pork projects for his district to spending bills that will pass with flying colors, then votes against them.

while the system is broken don't you want to add more examples why it's bad, or add glut so that maybe others would not vote for it? ....it doesn't work and he shows that.

Practice what you preach,thats all I'm saying. Other candidates have their moments of hypocrisy as well, I'm not going to deny that, just saying Paul would have a little more credibility in my eyes if he didn't take advantage of a flawed system that he wants to eliminate.

Practice what you preach,thats all I'm saying. Other candidates have their moments of hypocrisy as well, I'm not going to deny that, just saying Paul would have a little more credibility in my eyes if he didn't take advantage of a flawed system that he wants to eliminate.

actually, you should try to give an example. cause if you are complaining about earmarks, he takes everyone afraid to put thier name on earmarks and puts them under his name. it used to be an anonymous practice, not anymore. at least he's authoring ( or coauthoring ) legislation to audit the fed, kill the patriot act and other things.

just saying. please give examples.

Ron Paul releases earmarks (.pdf)

Ron Paul voting record

I didn't look at every earmark released, but those I did see (I scanned through) were to benefit his district. And he voted against (or abstained from) every spending bill he came across, so its safe to assume one or two of his earmarks made it into a bill he voted against, but passed the house. If there were more hours in the day, I would give you a House Resolution or two, but between a job, a kid and a life, I simply cannot research every piece of legislation. I'm not saying it makes him a bad guy, or a corrupt politician, just saying that he is a true politician, which goes against what a lot of Ron Paul supporters believe. Simply put, he is getting money that he doesn't believe the government should have back to his district while simultaneously voting against spending bills to maintain his record of wanting to eliminate government waste. He is getting good soundbites by saying the government needs to downsize while letting his House colleagues do the dirty work of approving money for him.

Ron Paul releases earmarks (.pdf)

Ron Paul voting record

I didn't look at every earmark released, but those I did see (I scanned through) were to benefit his district. And he voted against (or abstained from) every spending bill he came across, so its safe to assume one or two of his earmarks made it into a bill he voted against, but passed the house. If there were more hours in the day, I would give you a House Resolution or two, but between a job, a kid and a life, I simply cannot research every piece of legislation. I'm not saying it makes him a bad guy, or a corrupt politician, just saying that he is a true politician, which goes against what a lot of Ron Paul supporters believe. Simply put, he is getting money that he doesn't believe the government should have back to his district while simultaneously voting against spending bills to maintain his record of wanting to eliminate government waste. He is getting good soundbites by saying the government needs to downsize while letting his House colleagues do the dirty work of approving money for him.

scaning through the second one. he only voted Y 6 times for appropriation bills out of... maybe 50-70?

hey, some of the tax money came from his district... it comes in, his district should get some of it back. he'd close the irs then these problems wouldn't be around.

In the short term, shutting down the IRS (and to a lesser extent D.O.E. as he advocates) would probably cause massive headaches, the government will always be the government, mistakes will be made, things will be overlooked. In the long term, the eliminating the IRS would probably be an excellent move for the country.

How so?

the revenue the irs pulls in lets Gov expand, the constitution was written to limit government. the irs was deemed unconstitutional by the courts when it was trying to be made. not to mention it's unfair to everyone, not a flat rate and it can be spent outside of your state, county, town/city.