GM @ NAIAS '08: Cadillac Provoq Concept

That profile looks like a taller Pontiac Vibe. I'll go throw up now. They cannot mess up post-CTS like they did the first time around. This is not making any steps toward amazing. It's passable, but absolutely nothing to write home about.

Edited by dimitri0917

Provoq looks way better than the X3, not that that's saying much. lol

Agreeed... It's a "Cimarr0n Estate" :lol:

My Mom is too much of a Ford diehard to go to Cadillac from her Navigator, though she could probably go for an MKX.

As a Grand Cherokee owner, I'll probably go for another Grand Cherokee when I replace my current one...though I like the X5, MDX, Enclave, and oddly, the Ford Edge.

I never got much of a positive feeling from the Jeeps I've driven, including my mom's GC.

Never had any problems with mine..been driving it over 7 years now..(2000)..comfortable around town, on road trips, off roading...it's a great daily driver, IMHO...good ergonomics, decent interior plastics (nicer than the current 3rd gen GCs), the good old Jeep inline 6..doesn't feel truckish like the Explorers I've driven.

Edited by moltar

Never had any problems with mine..been driving it over 7 years now..(2000)..comfortable around town, on road trips, off roading...it's a great daily driver, IMHO...good ergonomics, decent interior plastics (nicer than the current 3rd gen GCs), the good old Jeep inline 6..doesn't feel truckish like the Explorers I've driven.

It isn't so much that they have problems per se, they just seem unstable - especially at highway speeds. Of all the Jeep products I've driven though, the GC has been the best. The Liberty my mom had was a handful on the highway, I hated the thing.

It isn't so much that they have problems per se, they just seem unstable - especially at highway speeds. Of all the Jeep products I've driven though, the GC has been the best. The Liberty my mom had was a handful on the highway, I hated the thing.

My sister had a Liberty...I could never adjust the seat so I was comfortable--I was either looking through the top of the windshield or leaning back, arms Italian style (straight out)..(it was a base model w/o power seats)... She's looking a getting a FJ Cruiser now...

It's...interesting. Most obvious flaw in my eyes is the rear looks saggy, but I bet moving the Cadillac badge up over the crease line and the license plate mounting area up some more would take care of that.

My sister had a Liberty...I could never adjust the seat so I was comfortable--I was either looking through the top of the windshield or leaning back, arms Italian style (straight out)..(it was a base model w/o power seats)... She's looking a getting a FJ Cruiser now...

don't mention the frame cracking to her then......

this thing looks lots better than the RDX honda

Edited by regfootball

Looks way too much like a Vue, I am sure the BRX will look like a Vue with a Cadillac grille. The tail lights don't quite fit right with the Vue's curved rear end either. The BRX will be so much like a Vue. The BRX and canceling V8s is just dragging Cadillac's image down. GM fans (including myself) always make fun of Lexus for rebadging the Camry, yet that is what Cadillac is moving toward, rather than making unique vehicles that stand out. Cadillac used to be the best in the world, now they are becoming a V6 only brand (with a couple v-series cars) and dressed up Saturns. They are just like Acura and Lincoln, all V6 and dressed up from the lower brand. Compare Acura and Lincoln to BMW and Mercedes, who has more status?

Fuel cell is nice and all, but there is no where to buy hydrogen, and unless it is cheaper to buy than gas and as readily available people aren't going to buy it. Unless GM makes up something like Honda did with a home refueling station that they did with the FXS Clarity or whatever it's called. If they want to do a fuel cell Cadillac though, it better perform like a Cadillac should, they'll need more power and speed.

Looks good, very bold. Certain aspects look weird, but maybe it's still too new. Something that worries me about the exterior is that the VUE went from stunner to just OK from concept to production, even though we were assured the concept was very very close to the real portly thing. Also, the interior is basically the exact same thing as the CTS but taller.

I think we just want to see the Vue in it. Side by side it doesn't look like the Vue. .

The details, I love. The proportions, I do not. The main similarity lies with the front 3/4 view. It has that tall, narrow look to it like the Vue does. Being that it's a concept, it most likely isn't going to improve for production.