Chris_Doane

GM @ NAIAS '08: Hummer HX Concept

94 posts in this topic

Well, if you continuously jump the H4 like the guys with the FJs that had the cracked structures did...then yes.

some of them hadn't ever jumped, though they had been off road. I spent way too much time reading that thread...

Edited by PurdueGuy

some of them hadn't ever jumped, though they had been off road. I spent way too much time reading that thread...

Hmm....all the ones I read about had been jumped.

Read the press release a bit closer,Reg. There are more than one rear top for this.

And the slant back is the H1 DNA showing.

Hmm....all the ones I read about had been jumped.

Nah, I spent too much time reading it too - some were never even off-road.

though people often mis-identify what cracks. It is not the frame, it is the body. Though the body cracking results from the body flexing due to the frame flexing.

though people often mis-identify what cracks. It is not the frame, it is the body. Though the body cracking results from the body flexing due to the frame flexing.

True, I've seen lots of posts that make that error.

Some of the pics of those cracks were scary! I'd call them tears.

True, I've seen lots of posts that make that error.

Some of the pics of those cracks were scary! I'd call them tears.

yup. Tears like a tundra tailgate under... well, just about anything.

COOL! I've never been itching to own a Hummer, but this thing is sweet!

Something about it makes me think of an International Scout - and that's a good thing. :AH-HA_wink:

My dad used to have one.. like 18 years ago.

this will be awesome

is it just me or do some of these concept pictures look like Hummers version of kappa... lol the door and hood profile totally remind me of kappa... regaurdless tottally cool... its a close batmobile in batman forever... wish they'ed make that thing... but it might deter my wife to think about the jeep and get this thing

is it just me or do some of these concept pictures look like Hummers version of kappa... lol the door and hood profile totally remind me of kappa... regaurdless tottally cool... its a close batmobile in batman forever... wish they'ed make that thing... but it might deter my wife to think about the jeep and get this thing

I noticed the Kappaesque cut of the door too.

I noticed in the Hxploded view that the steering wheel is the same one in the Colorado/Canyon/H3.

I love it!

However, I'd love it even more if it had an economical, torquey diesel in it. :yes:

Here's my point. How many wranglers tear apart?

I like it. GM has needed a true off-roader for a long time. Not meaning other GM vehicles go off-road, but nothing really challenges the Wrangler at this point (the fj is a joke with plastic).

No frills, just the necessary stuff to take on the Wrangler and kill it. Wait, I don't want to see the Wrangler killed, I like the Wrangler, too.

H4 here we come!!!! I can't wait, I'm holding out for this. Finally a reason for me not to stray off and buy a Wrangler. I just hope they stay true to alot of the details on this thing, hell shocks and all! Edited by RJB

warning to GM, i see far too much aztek in the slope of that rear hatch and the shape of the side windows. i would actually make the rear a little more upright.

I see more of the H1 slantback than I do my Aztek (and yes, I do own one of those lumbering pigs, let the flames begin). I think that the slantback works very well here, gives it a solid tie back into Hummer's military roots, all that's missing is the TOW missile launcher on the roof.

Something about it makes me think of an International Scout - and that's a good thing. :AH-HA_wink:

I agree!

I wouldn't mind having both 2 and 4 door versions since the 4-door Wrangler is selling so well.

This thing is effing awesome! I love it!

Well, if you continuously jump the H4 like the guys with the FJs that had the cracked structures did...then yes.

Nothing more than an attempt at justifying sub-par engineering.

And while we're talking about other brands... FWIW, this Hummer concept is what the Ford Bronco should be like as well IMO.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I see more of the H1 slantback than I do my Aztek (and yes, I do own one of those lumbering pigs, let the flames begin). I think that the slantback works very well here, gives it a solid tie back into Hummer's military roots, all that's missing is the TOW missile launcher on the roof.

yeah, i got a lumbering pig too. :(

we like it for what we ask of it though

I really, really like this thing. Hopefully the production exterior isn't dumbed down too much, and they don't wuss out on offering a 2dr.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room