Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Trans Am Drawing

8 posts in this topic

I am working to develop this concept as an Alpha base car...any thoughts, sketches & comments welcome. This is my first sketch of this , so it is wide open from here out tho has to look like a TA, which I think this does. So, anyone who wants to can contribute to this thread and lets see where it goes...the last time I did this here we came up with a corvette C7 & it has turned out to be one of the most popular pictures on my site !...HAVE AT IT !

transam1fk7.jpg

....EDIT ; here is a side drawing of this idea to go with the back side, now I know some of you are gonna... say OMG !

But remember this is an Alpha base car, NOT a Zeta & is inteneded to compete with Honda Civic, Nissan G35, Acura Integra, Benz SLK, BMW Z & Audi TT and as such is NOT intended as a compliment to the new Camaro at all, rather a small RWD pocket rocket car with a base level turbo V-6 or small block V-8 !!!!...so as Pontiac has dropped ALL the name models , lets just call this a G7 Trans Am GXP or whatever !!!...:

pontiacg7firebird3hu1.jpg

edit : front ideas ;

3firebirdssmallbh6.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

interesting rear-end treatment... I kinda like it, or at least what it could be like. Very different without being ugly. :)

^ THX. here the way I see it, this car has to compete with the coupes from Nissan, Mitsu, Audi, Honda, Ford & other performance styled models that are not quite up to a Camaro or Corvette level or price. The market really calls for a new Firebird in that way, one that is very different from a Camaro, yet delivers a wild style with the same type of "feel good" image in it, & for alot less $$. It has to address the "Import" styling of the competitive cars while still retaining a Firebird TA look, which I still say this does do, in a way that is unexpected. The 2 door coupe market segment is lacking on GM's part and this could really kick it up, IMO.

Nos you always come up with good ideas, ...think about this one & get back to me. This is an open collaboration thread like the corvette was, so it's anybody's ideas that can be incorporated into this thing, like I have No Idea what the front would look like yet at all !!..??? :scratchchin:...I guess what I am saying is that I am looking for a new FRESH Firebird look overall.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I think that a next gen Trans Am has a lot to live up to in terms of performance and styling. The greenhouse on your drawing says fourth gen f body to me, which I like. The rest I don't know about... The Trans Am has a lot of heritage behind it, but I don't see any of it in the drawing. I definitely dont like the wheels.

i want to see a front view before i pass judgment... but i cant say i hate this... would i change some things? of course. but overall i like the feel of it

i especially like the blacked out rear panel... it works on some cars and looks ridiculous on others... on a firebird it seems to "fit"

if you want to do another huge collaboration project thing im game... i will try and think up some front end designs and go from there...

^ Yeah Thas cool ...I think the general concept merits the effort & together we all could come up with another killer design here !!

I look forward to seeing whatever comes across.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0