Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt41

Member Showcase Design Competition #1: Malibu Extension

10 posts in this topic

membershowcasechop1malgk3.jpg

It has been quite some time since Cheers and Gears has had up and running photoshop/sketch competitions, and I am sure there are photoshoppers/sketchers out there who want to photoshop and draw cars for a reason, instead of just to take up spare time. Sine it appears that Flybrian, the moderator of the photoshop and sketch forums, seems occupied, I figured that we should have someone start a 'substitute' competitions for those until the regular comps are once more up and running.

Member Showcase Design Competition # 1: Malibu Extension

Last year at the 2007 North American International Auto Show, General Motors' Chevrolet division revealed what would soon revolutionize the midsize sedan market, the all-new 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. Since its big reveal, the Malibu has earned more praise than expected, and the same goes for the number of awards it has recieved. Automobile magazines such as Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and Road and Track have wrote about the family-friendly car's superior exterior and even more impessive interior design, along with its much improved quality in materials and driving experience. Sales have soared since the Malibu arrived to market, and they car has sold so well that almost all Chevrolet dealers are out of stock of it!

OBJECTIVE

With such popularity of the sedan, General Motors has considered an extension to the currently sedan-only Malibu line-up. Imagine what types of body styles could suit the Malibu. Be imaginative! There are so many possibilities here! GM wants Malibu sales to continue to soar, so think creativity and rationally!

The same rules apply as regular contests. The deadline is Friday, January 25, 2008.

Remember: Have fun!
Edited by MarioBro88

It's extension.

Good idea for a competition.

Is this strictly for chops, or sketches too?

Is this strictly for chops, or sketches too?

Now, it's for both sketches and chops.

*NOTICE: For voting, there will be seperate voting threads in which participants should post their final entries for the contest. There will be two threads, one for Photoshops, one for Drawings. Two entries are allowed for both (2 for Chopped, 2 for Drawn), so up to a total of four entries per person.

Here is a SS coupe I did when it was first introduced a bit ago, this HAS to be the logical extension of the line up IMO :

chevumai800oc3.jpg

I have a few others too but this one I think was the better of them. Good Idea here Mario for a "challenge type thread" call this my #1 chop entry then, I will post the final hi res picture link in your voting thread when you get it set up as this one is a reduced size & quality post, so good luck to all on this what has to be the most brilliant Chevrolet in years !!! Go Chevy.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Here is a SS coupe I did when it was first introduced a bit ago, this HAS to be the logical extension of the line up IMO :

chevumai800oc3.jpg

I have a few others too but this one I think was the better of them. Good Idea here Mario for a "challenge type thread" call this my #1 chop entry then, I will post the final hi res picture link in your voting thread when you get it set up as this one is a reduced size & quality post, so good luck to all on this what has to be the most brilliant Chevrolet in years !!! Go Chevy.

That is a cool interpretation, though the rear end is a bit pointy for my tastes. I'm glad you made it an SS and changed some of the front, because a plain old coupe would have been so simple and unoriginal. You did a good job, though!

Hey how about a Malibu CC (convertible coupe). Sorry paper was too large to fit on scanner.

2965366_10_full.jpga>a>

Edited by crash

Very cool sketch, crash! Can we see more angles? I'm very interested in what you've got!

Very cool sketch, crash! Can we see more angles? I'm very interested in what you've got!

Ill try do more angles, am not pretty good at doing other angles tho. but ill try.

That's all you've got to do is try. That's the only way to get better, try and try again!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0