Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zulehan

2009 Acura TL

7 posts in this topic

The wheels are a little big and my scanner doesn't pick up shading very well. But here's my idea of a next gen Acura TL. I took cues from what I could tell the grill was going to look like, plus the fender flares, and looked at the recent Acura concepts.

01-10-2008-043829PM.jpg

good start but still needs refinement.

the nose looks like a pointy mazda and it has enough front overhang to make a 76 Eldorado blush.

As to fender vents.... just say no.

there are two, maybe 3 brands that can get away with that claiming historical precedent. Acura isn't one of them.

The fender vent looks definitely odd, and the way the lines are going, it looks like it would be an intake instead. Glad to see a new drawing from you, though.

Well, I really like it. It is great to see a new drawing from you, and hope to see more coming very soon becuase you are incredible! You're probably fairly close to the actual redesigned TL, also.

10/10

The body stuff is good , overall tho the car sits way too high. You need to scale it thinner & it will be just fine. Nice sketch !

Thanks for the feedback!

Okay so so far, the fixes needed:

smaller wheels

ride lower

either visually make the vent work or delete it

refine overhang

It doesn't actually have a whole lot of overhang--it is a front wheel drive platform. But without the shading, and at that angle, it's hard to see where the side ends and the front begins. Look at the front driver-side wheel--not a whole lot of overhang from there.

Edited by Zulehan

I don't think this is too tall. In fact, its overall proportions remind me of an Accord coupe, which is a pretty hot car. And since they are on the same platform, that adds realism to this sketch.

All the other suggestions are right, though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0