Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

Fusion Refresh Caught.. Kinda

18 posts in this topic

I caught this not too long ago on I94 on my way into work. Sorry for the poor pictures (on my phone and I was trying to drive haha yeah, $h! pics), and I couldn't snap the front. The rear looks basically the same. It's probably just the camo playing with me, but the rear quarter looks a little bit different. I couldn't get a front shot because his lights were on and it wasn't working with my phone, but it did look a bit different, albeit all camo'd. The headlights looked like they were more horizontal than the current square headlights, and it looked like they had black inserts inside them.

Here's the current Fusion for comparison:

2008fordfusionrearrightrl4.jpg

Here are my crappy pics:

0111080749bag2.jpg

0111080748ads5.jpg

0111080749anb3.jpg

EDIT: After looking again, does the roof look a little more rounded to you guys in the rear?

Edited by NOS2006

it looks the same to me.... if you hasn't said it was a Fusion I would have guessed Maxima because it looks bigger than the sable behind it.

It also looks like there's chrome trim all the way around the windows, too. I'm not sure if they offer that on the current model or not.

there was a sketch i saw on BON that showed a majorly refreshed front end, but I would expect that to be the extent of it. the interior will get tweaks, not sure how much. the powertrains will be vastly improved. 240 or 250hp 3.0 v6, 180hp 4, optional twinforce...er.....ecoboost after that. 6 speed trannies.

in general the population has accepted the shape of the fusion but i think the front end has become dated.

Edited by regfootball

Just as bland as before. Ford just can't get out of the bland stage right now. They need to fire some head designers and look elsewhere.

The pictures from the magazine were leaked pics from Ford, so that is what the Fusion will look like. A few close up spy pics of the front confirm this. I'm pretty sure the greenhouse is different too just by looking at the images. And bland...you can't even see anything? I wouldn't call the current Fusion bland either.

Just as bland as before. Ford just can't get out of the bland stage right now. They need to fire some head designers and look elsewhere.

Bland, that's the best description I can think of for alot of the new Fords.

Ford GT was gorgeous but carried a silly pricetag.

The Mustang is a great car for what you pay for in any trim level as far as looks and performance go.

The rest of the lineup.....

:scratchchin:

What do you mean bland? The current Fusion is sexy especially in black.

Greenhouse looks the same to me, which is fine because I've never had a problem with it. The Avenger/Sebring are the ones in need of a new greenhouse.

Greenhouse looks the same to me, which is fine because I've never had a problem with it. The Avenger/Sebring are the ones in need of a new greenhouse.

The rear door upper is shaped differently, more rounded at the quarter window.

EDIT: After looking again, does the roof look a little more rounded to you guys in the rear?

think so too

& the rear window doesn't look as flat - more Interceptor-ish

No way, thats a Blue Devil mule.

Tru dat. The Fusion is only bland in lighter, softer colors, like white, silver and tan. The darker colors like red, the darker red that was available the first couple of years, dark blue and black look great with the chrome grille. The best looking Fusion is a black SE without the spoiler. Doesn't have the excess chrome of the SEL (Uggg...that chrome strip over the rear license plate bugs me) and doesn't have the goofy black plastic mirrors of the S.

I thought Ford (or someone) put out info regarding a Fusion MCE? It wasn't anything major, just a few touch-ups. I think the rear door and roof line do look somewhat different/softer.

Sexy... Yeah, I suppose the Camry is sexy, too. :P

The rear door upper is shaped differently, more rounded at the quarter window.

I still fail to see it. Beyond the blurriness and distortion of the photography... it looks the same. If they had changed it, don't you think they would have camouflaged it?

I thought Ford (or someone) put out info regarding a Fusion MCE? It wasn't anything major, just a few touch-ups. I think the rear door and roof line do look somewhat different/softer.

whether or not roofline/doors will change is still up in the air, but the Fusion refrech will not be minor (by MCE standards) -

The nose and tail styling will be completely different, and the interior will be all new. The engines will be 2.5l I4 (170hp), 3.5l V6 (265hp), 2.0l I4 EcoBoost (250hp), and 2.5l I4 Hybrid (170hp).

Igor

will the ecoboost be offered with stick? i hope ford has tried to make the ecoboost turbo reliable. turbos are not known for being reliable.

will the ecoboost be offered with stick? i hope ford has tried to make the ecoboost turbo reliable. turbos are not known for being reliable.

Maybe back in 1987, when clueless Dodge and Chrysler owners had no idea what was under their hoods and maintained accordingly. BLAMMO!

These days, turbo engines for the most part are marketed to and bought by people who understand what they're getting into. But there will always be idiots - never forget that when buying used, and watch for smoke!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0