Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

RX8 MCE

18 posts in this topic

mazdarx8update1an7.jpg

Images of Mazda's revised RX-8 have been leaked ahead of the car's Detroit Auto Show debut. Set to bow in a little over a week, the updated images of Mazda's popular sports car were leaked by a Japanese magazine.

Up front, the revised RX-8 sports a new grille that now houses higher-mounted fog lights. The headlights have also been updated and are wider than the current model's. Out back, the RX-8's taillights have been modified and now use four LED rings.

Changes for the new RX-8 are expected to be strictly cosmetic.

The car pictured is actually the RS model, which features 19 inch wheels, Recaro racing seats and Bilstein shocks.

It's also being reported that the RX-8 updates could be exclusive for the U.S. market.

For more information, see http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda-rx-8.html

Another day... Another fender vent...

Looks like the RX8 went from bad to worse IMO.

Is the car not selling well? Because Mazda seems to not really care too much about it. Or maybe it's that the car has a very dedicated fan base and mazda doesn't have to update it too much to 'keep 'em flyin' off the lots'

It is nice to see what the concepts have been hinting at though.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Another day... Another fender vent...

QFT

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for these. I'd love to take one out for a spirited drive some day.

Not much change....but I do like the new front end....alot....

Wish they'd do away with the rear doors. I think the styling gets mucked up too much because of it....too much to make up for the ease of entry-and-exit in my mind.

correct me if im wrong, but arent all rotarys going to burn some oil? thats just a built in part of the design.

correct me if im wrong, but arent all rotarys going to burn some oil? thats just a built in part of the design.

maybe they should make a biodiesel rotory... it's supposed to have much more lubricating power than gas or diesel, right?

maybe they should make a biodiesel rotory... it's supposed to have much more lubricating power than gas or diesel, right?

I don't think rotary engines can create enough compression to combust diesel.

The facelift... reminds me of the new Corolla. It looks like they softened the nose. The old fender vents also looked much sportier.

Yes, they are inherently going to burn oil and wear out seals.

The update actually brought the RX-8 look closer to a MX-5, at least I think it does (lights look larger). I can see how it works from a marketing standpoint, but I don't like it.

Will this car come with a supply of oil for as long as you own the car? If not it should, and for 08 they should have implemented a special storage area just for quarts of oil in the trunk.

MCE?

did GM's old product planner move to Mazda? The thing has already been around for 5 years

Yeah, no joke there. This thing is almost as old as the S2000...

Yeah, no joke there. This thing is almost as old as the S2000...

And still slower.

ouch!

lol

But then it seats 4.

This is an improvement. It does make it look more sporty and less bubbly.

Mazda-RX8.jpg

mazdarx8update1an7.jpg

It would look better if they made it a 2-seater, with a smaller cabin. Right now it looks like it's trying really hard to fill two rolls and subsequently compromising too much in either. If people want a 4-seat, 4-door, sporty car, they'll buy a Mazda 6 or a Mazdaspeed 6. This car should be the coupe big brother to the Miata.

And still slower.

Slower... by a tenth of a second, which is alot, I know. It's like getting into a Kia after driving a Ferrari. Such a horrific thought. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0