2009 Ram Revealed

Love the look, inside and out. The engine upgrades and coil spring rear suspension are cool. The side compartments seem to steal bedfloor space, but are a good idea for most buyers who would rather have easy access to things they'd otherwise have to crawl into the bed to retrieve.

Needs a 6-speed automatic, and it should have had the 4.0L V6 standard.

I'm liking the outside better than the current generation; the interior not so much. Glad to see Dodge toning down the huge snout.

I like the new Ram too....in fact better than what is supposed to be the new F-150. I especially like the exhaust cutouts in the rear bumper!

Interior looks SWEET.....! Wow....! In fact, it's funny because it looks like a cross between recent Ford (styling-wise) and GM (nice-looking switchgear) interiors. I'll reserve final judgement until I can see/feel interior materials....but it looks like it's much better finished.

Honestly... very boring. Looks like it could have come out in 1998, not 2008.

Since the overall shape of a pickup truck can't be altered much since it's a

case of form follows function, the headlights, taillights, greenhouse & grille

should really give it some personality, this is just a mind refresh of the 2007

Ram... nothing exciting, nothing fresh.

The new Silverado didn't excite me all that much in terms of styling but it

seems the other manufacturers are making their pickups look so lame that

in contrast the GMC & Chevy will become the best looking trucks by far.

You are kidding???.......right??? <_<

dg009_015rm.jpg

Wow, I absolutely love the interior this thing. They really did go all out. It does remind me of the F-150's interior but I like this better. Very nice earth tone color palette with its tans and browns highlighted by chrome and silver. I don't even mind the plood. Based on the image the materials looks very nice too...I like the stitching on the dash. Not a bad idea at all to borrow an element from the CTS.

I like this philosophy they have for the Ram interior and think they should follow up with the rest of the lineup.

We also no longer have a ‘base’ interior, just higher levels of luxury throughout the series.

The exterior looks like a nice evolution of the Ram...I like the Charger inspired grill which makes it look more aggressive, yet the truck looks handsome too.

Looks to have a lot of neat features and upgrades too.

Can't wait to see it in person.

Edited by Dodgefan

Are we looking at the same truck? The new shark-nose looks, more aggressive to me.

Aggressive = good, but the current one's grille looks more massive to me. Maybe it's just the angle or the color, but it looks like the headlights are getting bigger (good, IMO) and the grill smaller. :unsure:

Looks very Dodge in nature. I thought they were finally going to put some effort on the interiors. What happened? This one looks just as cheap as the minivans and the Sebring.

Exactly.

Chris

Honestly... very boring. Looks like it could have come out in 1998, not 2008.

Since the overall shape of a pickup truck can't be altered much since it's a

case of form follows function, the headlights, taillights, greenhouse & grille

should really give it some personality, this is just a mind refresh of the 2007

Ram... nothing exciting, nothing fresh.

The new Silverado didn't excite me all that much in terms of styling but it

seems the other manufacturers are making their pickups look so lame that

in contrast the GMC & Chevy will become the best looking trucks by far.

Actually the Chevy truck looks very clean and fresh. The more I see it in person the more I like it.

chris

I'm not too hot on the exterior...

I actually really like the front, but I think it looks awkward with the greenhouse and the rear of the truck. It almost seems as if they've molded 2 designs together; a very curvey, muscular design for the front with a boxy, distinctly DCX rear and cab. (Reminds me of the new vans and the Caliber) I think it'll do okay though, given the competition. The Tundra looks like a whale, the Titan look 90's cheap, the Silverado and Sierra are attractive but VERY conservative (which the Sierra pulls off, but the Silvy not too much) and the new F150 looks good, but nothing on the side of excellent.

The interior is beautiful IMO... If they've actually put some money into the materials (which it look as if they have) the interior is an out-of-the-park success IMO!

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Exactly.

Chris

You're quite blind then.

Actually the Chevy truck looks very clean and fresh. The more I see it in person the more I like it.

chris

The more I see the Chevy less I like it. I still like it and would rate it above the Tundra and titan, but it looks busy in back and the front looks somewhat overwrought with the massive chrome grill. The HD versions are much worse though.Although it looks better with a monotone front end. The Sierra looks a lot better IMO.

I wasn't sure about the exterior at first but after seeing more photos of it on allpar I like it a lot. I'm looking forward to some hi-res photos.

I like how the Crew Cab is more manageable in size and looks far better proportioned, but that the Quad Cab model sticks around and has regular doors.

Edited by Dodgefan

To tell you the truth, I wasn't too sure about this new Ram when I saw the first spy pic.....but after seeing the interior and the pics of the blue "Sport" version, I think it's awesome and will be a big hit for Dodge.

I love how low this front "chin spolier" looks, and I think this truck looks more aerodynamic and very sporty. It reminds me of the look of the old SRT-10 Ram, with the tall hood and low "chin spoiler".

dg009_018rm.jpg

dg009_071rm.jpg

dg009_073rm.jpg

To tell you the truth, I wasn't too sure about this new Ram when I saw the first spy pic.....but after seeing the interior and the pics of the blue "Sport" version, I think it's awesome and will be a big hit for Dodge.

I love how low this front "chin spolier" looks, and I think this truck looks more aerodynamic and very sporty. It reminds me of the look of the old SRT-10 Ram, with the tall hood and low "chin spoiler".

dg009_018rm.jpg

dg009_071rm.jpg

dg009_073rm.jpg

:idhitit:

The nose is growing on me already but those tail lights are so very minivan generic. <_<

I have mixed feelings about it. I love how clean and pure the Sport model looks.. but in two tone Laramie, it looks rather bland and boring and the resemblance to the Tundra shines. It's also droopy looking. The interior, however, is certainly a big improvement. Not perfect, but not nearly as cheap as Chrysler's norm. Oh, and I love the exhaust cutouts in the rear bumper.

Edited by blackviper8891

I love the Sport...I like the single piece bumper versus the other model's two piece unit. It looks very clean. The more I see it the more I like the monotone paint as opposed to the two tone paint. If I could get the Laramie's 2 tone interior with the Sport model I'd be all set...and the money of course :3

Wheels look great too.

Edited by Dodgefan

The headlights will have to grow on me I guess.

*shrugs*

I think the Ram has been the best styled truck for quite a few years, I also think the next best looking truck is the NEW Chevy Avalanche with the new nose. I think the Avalanche is alot better looking than the Silverado.

07_avalanche_front.jpg

Another Down's Syndrome looking truck joins the club.

The interior is good, but it reminds me a lot of the Turd. The same vast expanse and controls that are hard to reach. Although the execution is better than the Turd.

My first reaction on the exterior was absolutely hideous, but its grown on me. The forward-slant prow on this and the preceeding Charger is a far better styling cue for Dodge than the absurdly-grotesque baleen mouth of the original Magnum, etc. Dynamic, sharp, and decidedly not bulbous like the segment's laggards - Titan and Tundra. Good to see another strong entry in the domestic truck segement and kudos to Dodge for finally backing up styling with substance. :thumbsup:

Another Down's Syndrome looking truck joins the club.

The interior is good, but it reminds me a lot of the Turd. The same vast expanse and controls that are hard to reach. Although the execution is better than the Turd.

The headlights/grill area remind me of a Toyota too.

I like the progression of the styling - the interior is very Ford F-150 without the round vents...same shifter handle as the Ford? The back doors look huge, and the inovative Ram BOX is probably the best idea I have seen on a truck since the tailgate step integrated in the Ford tailgate. It's bold and a step in the correct direction if you ask me. And the exhaust cut outs are hot.

I was perusing thier site to get some details on the drivetrains...the Hemi is advertising better mileage...they had nowhere to go but UP. Hell our 4.7 Commander does not even come close to it's EPA or dealer spouted numbers. My inlaws have a Hemi Dodge full-sized that he does not drive due to the horrid mileage that the thing gets!

Nice job Dodge. Looks really good. Let's hope it delivers.

You know... This might just be the best looking truck, the more I look at it.

With the new F-150 going into the dumps, the Tundra being a bulbous mess, the Titan having a squished face, and the Silverado looking downright retarded. That only leaves the Sierra. Between the two, it's a matter of taste as far as which gets the honor of best looking. It and the Ram are really the only good looking trucks left. Quite sad.

I love it, after reading some of the negative reviews in this thread, I'm left scratching my head. Looking at the Sport model, how could you not love this truck. I've never been a huge truck guy, especially pick ups....but if I had the cash and the wallet to support my trips to the pump, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. This is a great evolution of the current Ram, and yet seems to be harking back to the "original" Ram when the 94's came out with "Mack truck" styling. This interior is worlds better than anything Chrysler has produced this DECADE and this is a 09 model (although the Pacifica deserves a mention for nice interior). IMO this blows the F-150 out of the water and perhaps even surpasses the Silverado and Sierra in terms of styling both inside and out. I just really like this truck.