Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K.C.

Family Resemblance Gone Too Far

31 posts in this topic

Why does the backend of the new 2009 F-150 resemble the 2008 Focus? I mean, this is taking family styling too far! :nono:

Where have you seen back end pictures?

So they Focused it. Some of the detailing on the interior isn't bad. It has a nice steering wheel, and I like the Braille-esque Piano Black finish on the center stack. Nice graphic made by the buttons, too.

Wow... that's horrible. They took one of the better looking trucks and turned it into one of the worst looking trucks. That front fascia is so botched while the strip on the tailgate is straight off a 90's C/K. I hope Ford didn't plan on increased sales.

Don't like the exterior, it looks worse IMO. Interior looks really nice, but the center stack is really busy.

Ummm...

I think it looks really good!

The interior is at least as good as the 900s and I'm willing to bet that the exterior will be better than everything except maybe the 900s.

I remember that I hated the Super Duty in phots, then I saw one on the road. It OWNS the GM HDs and I'm afraid that might be the case with the F150 as well.

I like it with the chrome, not a fan of the black plastic grille that SuperSport posted above. Interiors look good as well.

i dont know what trim level this model is, but it looks pretty decent!

09f150fx4_01_mr.jpg

I believe that is the FX-4 trim level.

There are some details that are a little garish, but it looks ok overall. The sides look nice and clean. I don't mind the grille, but the silver on the tailgate is a little too much...hopefully that is just an option. The taillights don't look too bad either when they are by themselves (no silver insert). The interior looks to make the F-150 a class leader again; I think they did a great job on that. They had better wheel options on the current one though.

09f150platinum_01_mr.jpg

Oh, and I really hate Ford's headlight styling. It's not attractive at all. As well, the days of good looking trucks keep on ending. Pretty soon, each and every one will be a pathetic mess.

Edited by blackviper8891

Oh, and I really hate Ford's headlight styling. It's not attractive at all. As well, the days of good looking trucks keep on ending. Pretty soon, each and every one will be a pathetic mess.

Yeah, those headlights resemble the Edge, Expedition, and Taurus X. So it looks like this is just a major facelift of the '04-08 F-series. Apparently, the Crew Cab has been lengthened also.

This doesn't appear to be an improvement over the current model. The tailgate step and bed extender from the F-250 are nice additions, but this truck won't make my shopping list.

I don't like the grille on the Platinum model, but the other trim levels look good, imo. I don't mind the '08 Focus taillights, so the F-150's don't bother me either. The interior is sharp.

The Platinum is quite gaudy looking... So much so that it looks cheesy. I'm really shocked that Ford couldn't do a better job than this. They've always had good looking trucks.. until now.

09f150platinum_07.jpg

09f150platinum_03_hr.jpg

I think the over all execution of the platinum is good, it's the details that possibly push it into the gawdy stage.

For instance, remove the following items: The side badging, the "metal" in the tailights and on the tailgate and the turn signals on the side mirrors. Then revise the chrome trim on the side to be a little more elegant and put a bit more 'bold' wheels (no pun intended) on it and I think it would be okay.

I do really like the nose and grille though; just like I'm a fan of the machine-esque and maybe slightly overdone nose on the Acura MDX.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

So they say increased power and fuel ecomonomy but leave out the numbers?

Shhhhhh. It's a secret! :AH-HA_wink:

The Platinum is quite gaudy looking... So much so that it looks cheesy. I'm really shocked that Ford couldn't do a better job than this.

Couldn't agree more.

It's a few steps BACKWARDS on the styling ladder...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0