2007 Aveo - 3rd quarter '06

avant1963

If Gm can't get this little weenie car to do better than this gas mileage (worse than a civic or corolla), the Fit and Yaris will run circles around it. What is the 2007 Chevy Aveo? The 2007 (model year) Chevy Aveo is the next generation of the 4-door sedan. When will the Aveo 5-door model be updated? The current plan is to update the Aveo 5-door during the 2008 Calendar year. When will production of the 2007 Aveo begin? Production is scheduled to begin in the second quarter of 2006. When will the 2007 Aveo be available in Chevrolet dealerships? The 2007 Chevy Aveo is scheduled to arrive in dealerships in the third quarter of 2006. Where will the 2007 Aveo be manufactured? All Aveo models are manufactured in South Korea by General Motors Daewoo Automotive & Technology. What is the projected volume for the 2007 Aveo? Chevy Aveo currently leads the Economy Segment in the U.S. market, outselling competitors like the Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio. Expect market leadership to continue with the new Aveo. Current manufacturing capacity for the Aveo is around 70,000 units annually for the U.S. market. Who is the target customer for the 2007 Aveo? The Aveo is designed for young, spirited, freedom-seeking buyers between 20 and 30 years of age. Consumers will most likely include young college graduates, young professionals building a career and young families starting out. Why is Aveo so important to Chevrolet and General Motors? Aveo's role is to attract younger, diverse and first-time new car buyers into the Chevrolet family. Aveo currently has more first-time new buyers than any other Chevrolet vehicle. And Aveo is among the strongest Chevrolet vehicles at conquesting non-GM buyers. What are the competitive vehicles for the new Aveo? The Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio and Scion xA are the current competitive vehicle set. What is the level of change between the 2006 and the 2007 Aveo? Some of the key differences will be improved ride and handling, more upscale appearance and more accessories. What new features can be expected on the 2007 Aveo? New features will include perforated leatherette seating, steering wheel audio controls and a 6-disc CD changer. What are the key interior differences between the 2006 and 2007 Aveo? There will be available perforated leatherette seating and a greater choice of interior trim. Will Aveo maintain the 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty? Yes, the 2007 Aveo will maintain the 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. What key safety features will be available on the new Aveo? Dual-stage front air bags with passenger sensing and seat-mounted side-impact driver and front passenger air bags. What safety ratings will the new Aveo offer? Safety ratings will be excellent. Stay tuned to chevylaunch.com for more details as they become available. What engine will be offered in the 2007 Aveo? A 1.6L DOHC four-cylinder with Variable Geometry Induction System (VGIS) increases low-end torque by 10% with the use of a long intake runner that has a bypass valve that's actuated in heavy-rpm/heavy throttle conditions. Will OnStar and XM Satellite Radio be offered on the new Aveo? At this time, the 2007 Aveo will not offer these features. The availability of OnStar and XM Satellite Radio is undergoing development for Aveo. Will the 2007 Aveo be iPod compatible? All cars are compatible with the use of an FM transmitter. The 2007 Aveo sound systems are still under development, including the viability of an input jack that would provide iPod capability. Will there be Chevy Accessories offered for the 2007 Aveo? Yes, factory-installed Chevy Accessories will be available, including a Special Edition Package that includes a body kit, rear spoiler, chrome exhaust tip and 16" wheels and tires. What are the projected fuel economy numbers for the new Aveo? The 2007 Aveo is estimated at 24/34 (EPA city/highway) for the automatic transmission and 26/35 (EPA city/highway) for the manual transmission. This is the same as the current Aveo. Can the 2007 Aveo be dinghy-towed? Unfortunately, not at this time. This is a capability that's being worked on.

What are the projected fuel economy numbers for the new Aveo?
The 2007 Aveo is estimated at 24/34 (EPA city/highway) for the automatic transmission and 26/35 (EPA city/highway) for the manual transmission. This is the same as the current Aveo.

[post="30580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

See, those numbers are disappointing to me. I was hoping with the updated 1.6, it would be able to meet or beat the 31/38 and 32/37 of the Scion xA. I guess the "problem" lies with the transmission.

This vehicle is one of the most important vehicles that GM has launched in recent time. This car will set the perception for the rest of Chevrolet and hopefully GM in terms of good fuel economy and good value.

It's estimated, meaning, they don't know yet. Still, an updated engine with the same MPG figures as the one it replaces would be pretty sad.

It's estimated, meaning, they don't know yet. Still, an updated engine with the same MPG figures as the one it replaces would be pretty sad.

[post="30589"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All mileage numbers are estimates. Even the final numbers from the EPA, which usually don't vary far from what the manufacturer estimates.

Did they install this engine in the 2006 Aveo that we have right now, or will the updated 1.6 debut on the '07? If EPA ratings haven't yet been released for the new engine, then you can't put too much stock in those numbers.

Why doesn't the Aveo and Opel/Vauxhall Corsa share a platform? It would simplify things a lot-you know, world car, Chevette/Kadett-style. The ECOTEC DOHC I-4 engines need to go in these Daewoo-based cars NOW. Those old Daewoo engines need to die-they're inefficient, and those gas mileage ratings are appropriate for Malibu, not for Aveo.

The Aveo uses a new Daewoo version of the old Kadett/Astra T-platform (late Pontiac LeMans). The engines are Daewoo's version of the GM Family I 4-cylinder block. There are now three basic versons of this engine family - the Brazilian, SOHC, primarily flex-fuel engines of 1.0 to 1.8 L capacity, the Daewoo E-Tec II in both SOHC and DOHC engines of 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 L with increased power, and the Opel DOHC versions with a new lightweight, more compact block and improved fuel-economy (1.4-1.8 — also SOHC versions — in the old block but just DOHC 1.6 and 1.8 in the new block; the new 1.4 L is a Family 0 engine). Eventually GM Daewoo will produce the new Family 0 and Family 1 engines, but there are other priorities, such as the 1.5 and 2.0 L diesels and 6-speed automatics.

If has little price increase, and they can improve the MPGs...it should sell just fine. This car needs to have choices, because I don't think the Yaris or Fit will offer a bunch. (though I'm sure they will offer more standard) I think they will push MPGs much more... So does only does the milage have to be decent, this car has to be different.

I'd guess the estimates are wrong since it's supposed to be a pretty improved powertrain. I'll wait until it's official to bother worrying about it. The Aveo has piss-poor fuel economy now and leads the segment in sales, so I don't think fuel economy is the top priority as long as it's no like 19 MPG city.

Posted Image

I'm no fan of the Aveo's looks, but you really think that will out sell it? :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

[post="30783"][/post]

Aw I remember this car (well its predecesor)...my first car on GT3 lol. It looks...ssooo.... :puke:

Impala LS: 21/31

3 mpg difference between Aveo and Impala!

[post="33323"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, if that doesn't show GM the ridiculousness of the Aveo, nothing will.

Granted, the one we have now was more of a stopgap, so fine. But if there's a new and improved one coming soon...

While gas mileage is important because we use so much of it... other factors come into play with an Aveo... the smaller engine holds less oil... the tires are small, therefore cheap... it's a handy size, etc. The whole car is less consumptive over its lifetime.

We have an orange hatchback in right now for a rear bumper replacement. The guy says his wife bought it to go to work in... her other car is a Trailblazer. He said he's impressed with the Aveo's comfort and overall decency. He's happy with it. I drove it around the building to check it in for repair. It's a neat little thing, and I do mean little... but I gotta be honest with you. It would be enough vehicle for me about 85% of the time.