High hopes for Chicago but,...

Camino LS6

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the thing that we all have to remember is that pussies and bean-counters run the show; not enthusiasts. This means that everything we enthusiasts love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all of our passionate and authentic experiences, will be misappropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, re-packaged, marketed horribly and sold to the people we hate.

Who was it here that posted that "endless summer" GM internal promo video a while back; I thought that was fantastic. Now if they only practiced what that video preached......

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, how is killing a Zeta Impala a smart choice? If you put fuel efficient powertrains in it then it makes no difference what the platform is. No one has yet to answer me why the Zeta can be fuel efficient? It doesn't have to have a V8, or, it doesn't need a high volume V8 model...it can be mostly V6's or even turbo 4's.

That is the million dollar question...

Which leads me to believe that all the talk of CAFE is just politics. Either GM sees the market shifting away from the cars or has a better plan up it's sleeve, or none of these cars were definite in the first place.

The GTO/Monaro has been dead, so the only Zeta we've lost is the Impala. And it was common knowledge that 2 Impala programs (A FWD and A RWD one) were being developed simultaneously, so the RWD Impala was by no means a gurantee in the first place.

The only thing I can figure is that either Zeta is so heavy that it just isn't do-able or something else like capacity or Alpha maybe being a better plan has gotten in the way. (READ: Not GME)

That is the million dollar question...

Which leads me to believe that all the talk of CAFE is just politics. Either GM sees the market shifting away from the cars or has a better plan up it's sleeve, or none of these cars were definite in the first place.

The GTO/Monaro has been dead, so the only Zeta we've lost is the Impala. And it was common knowledge that 2 Impala programs (A FWD and A RWD one) were being developed simultaneously, so the RWD Impala was by no means a gurantee in the first place.

The only thing I can figure is that either Zeta is so heavy that it just isn't do-able or something else like capacity or Alpha maybe being a better plan has gotten in the way. (READ: Not GME)

Zeta is not heavy. Edmunds tested the 436 hp Holden which tipped the scale at 3900lbs. That is almost the same as the sigma CTS. And those whiners did not complain of being "unrefined'.

Zeta is not heavy. Edmunds tested the 436 hp Holden which tipped the scale at 3900lbs. That is almost the same as the sigma CTS. And those whiners did not complain of being "unrefined'.

Interesting...

That's just what I had heard.

Well then, there really is no excuse for Zeta not to come to market besides bull$h! within GM. PCS likes to announce his flights into america; maybe I need to meet him at the airport and give him a good redneck welcome.

:D