Dad moments

Well guys, this morning I had one of those moments where I was about to pull my hair out, and then my little girl (now 1 year old) did just the thing to set my day perfectly all right. I was running late, Amy (the wife) was also running late, which meant I had to pull bath duty with squirt. I'm kinda cursing under my breath, and all in all griping about having to give her a bath when she looks up at me from the tub and points at me and says "Da da". After that I just kinda had to sit in the floor and everything didn't matter from there on.... I just sat there and played with her in her tub with a grin on her face, just watching her splash around and blabber this and that.

I dunno about y'all, but I never thought that what seems like a relatively insignificant moment like that could have on your whole day. After that, nothing else mattered except that Heather was happy, and she knew that I was there with her, and it really just set up a great day, at work, when I got back home, everything. I guess I'm trying to say that a Dad moment like that is something I've overlooked and as I sit here and enter this, I just realized how great those moments are, and how precious time is with those you love.

And take it from expierience. You dont really know how important those dad moments are until they arent around. Found that out June 7th when my Dad passed away after a 2 week illness.

awesome. i think it affects the kids a lot also. normally the wife is gone when the kid wakes up but today she had drop off duty and so she got a chance to wake the kid up. then we both played with the kid for awhile and all day she has been more chipper and stuff. kid played by herself happily tonight and hasn't done anything mischievous just to get our attention.

yup, time with the kids does make a difference for kids and the 'rents i guess :)

yes, PCS it does make it seem as though toyota's awesome dashboard plastics aren't such a big deal!

kids have the most fun taking baths.

Edited by regfootball

It's an incredible feeling. I love my goddaughter to death--and a week ago, she had an allergic reaction that covered her body to hives (we still don't know what it was). She was on benedryl to keep her breakout under control, and I came over to see her, and she just saw me, smiled (as groggy as she was), walked across the room, crawled up onto the couch and lay in my arms with her head on my chest. Then she asked her parents if I could put her "night night". She fell asleep in my arms on the way upstairs. I never want to forget that feeling.

Sounds awesome, 76CT!

*sighs*

One of these days, I hope to be lucky enough to be a Dad, too. Right now, though, I just enjoy "torturing" the heck outta all of my friends kids.

*chuckles*

Never have really figured out why the kids seem to love me so much. It's not like I'm nice or anything ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january19*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL

"I'm just out to find the better part of me" ... 5 For Fighting ... 'Superman'

LOL!

No ... I am rather small in stature ... only about 5'4" ... 125 lbs or so....he he.

As one buddy from the NMCOA told me after I visited him during the road trip, his kids see me as a new pal to them ... they don't see me as just another of Daddy's friends. Which, from what I gather from my college and other friends who have kids that know me, it is pretty much the same thing with all of 'em. I pay attention ... and make them feel part of the visit, too.

*shrugs*

Plus ... well, I love kids.

And, I do torture them somewhat ... well, at least kiddingly. In Nashville, when I visited my college friends Kevin and Lori ... I told all 3 of their youngins that no smiling was allowed the entire day. If they did, they couldn't go with us to see the Christmas Decorations at the Opryland Hotel.

*pauses*

Course, they didn't believe me ... and made that quite clear. And, yes, they still came with us ;). he he

"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'

Push over!!!! :D

LOL!

Except ... it wasn't my decision if they came with us to see the decorations....

;) he he

"Take me to the magic of the moment" ... Scorpions ... 'Wind Of Change'

Sofia just turned four years old last week. Time flies when you're having fun. :)

She's so much fun, the first day she was in the Roadmaster I was getting on

the highway and floored that big five-seven so that the car picked up some

serious speed, after a few minutes of really conservative driving. Sofia's eyes

got big & she said: "Wow Dad, this car is FAST." to which I responded "yeah

Sofia this Buick's a bit quick like a bunny, not slow like the Mercedes..."

but Sofia says with even more purpose: But dad this car is REALLY fast. :P

Its moments like this that help you over all of the rough spots. Thanks for sharing, I really miss Tammy and the kids right now (I am TDY overseas) and that makes me miss them more but it also reminds me of a lot of the real good times.

Hold onto these memories. It will help as your kids make that transition to (hopefully) self sufficient adults. Even then, there will be special times. My kids are 13 and 9. They drive me nuts but also are the greatest.

I only hope that I am enough of a good dad for them.

Yep, those moments are the best. Alex is about 18 months now, he's doing the whole running around and getting into stuff thing, and sometimes he drives me crazy but I love him to death. His most recent thing is saying "whats that?" but it really sounds like he is saying "Oh snap!"

I had one turn 11 last week. We let her have a slumber party last night. BIG mistake! Prior to this it was the standard noise until 11pm, and for the most part the kids listened. This time they made ALOT of noise until 3 am, did not listen, broke things, had a neighbor boy calling every 10 minuts, and worst of all, made the house REEEEEEK of body odor. It was 20 something degrees out this morning and I had every window in the house open to try and get rid of the smell. I had to put my washer and dryer back, fix some broken items, find missing things . . . And then you add in the drama . . .

Warning to all Dads out there. DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTER HAVE A BIG SLEEP OVER AFTER THE AGE OF 9.

Don't get me wrong. I love my kids and I wouldn't trade them for anything. It's the hormone thing I don't like. With two daughters and a wife, sometimes I find myself just needing to leave the house for sanity. I wouldn't trade my girls for boys, but I sure wouldn't mind adding atleast one male to the house.

Here is another one for those Dads out there with girls. DON'T be the "nice" Dad. Be the _ss. It's not just the boys you want scared of you, it's all the kids. Only your own kids need to know what a great Dad you are. The rest need to learn to respect and in some cases fear you.

Edited by Dsuupr

I had one turn 11 last week. We let her have a slumber party last night. BIG mistake! Prior to this it was the standard noise until 11pm, and for the most part the kids listened. This time they made ALOT of noise until 3 am, did not listen, broke things, had a neighbor boy calling every 10 minuts, and worst of all, made the house REEEEEEK of body odor. It was 20 something degrees out this morning and I had every window in the house open to try and get rid of the smell. I had to put my washer and dryer back, fix some broken items, find missing things . . . And then you add in the drama . . .

Warning to all Dads out there. DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTER HAVE A BIG SLEEP OVER AFTER THE AGE OF 9.

Don't get me wrong. I love my kids and I wouldn't trade them for anything. It's the hormone thing I don't like. With two daughters and a wife, sometimes I find myself just needing to leave the house for sanity. I wouldn't trade my girls for boys, but I sure wouldn't mind adding atleast one male to the house.

Here is another one for those Dads out there with girls. DON'T be the "nice" Dad. Be the _ss. It's not just the boys you want scared of you, it's all the kids. Only your own kids need to know what a great Dad you are. The rest need to learn to respect and in some cases fear you.

LMAO, my buddy called me today and was telling me about the slumber party they had last night for his 12 yr old girl's bday.....kinda similar, LOL.....they had GUITAR HERO going i guess.....

I've already been joking with Amy about how I'm going to make sure that I will have the AR-15 by the time that Heather gets dating age. And I PROMISE that I'll be cleaning it when the "boy" comes over.

You can use the same plan I am. I will pin the young man against the wall and while giving him the "crazy" eyes, state, "My little girl means everything to me, and I have no problem with going back to jail for her". Then do a slight smile, move back to the couch and start cleaning the gun, making sure to have a slight face twitch. :)