LaCrosse Super

Stoopsbuick

In Vegas this week Buick had a LaCrosse "Super" that is slated to be built for 2007. The one they had there was sharkskin and it included a V8, 20"wheels and portholes....Sorry guys I would have loved to have taken some pictures but it's never allowed...Can't wait to see how they sell...

not to pick... but wouldn't it be the Ultra?

[post="30822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I doubt that since Buick went the extra lengths to phase out the "Ultra" name when it got rid of the PA Ultra and then the Rendezvous Ultra was just renamed the CXL Plus.

Yeah... as much as it irritates me, the Ultra trim appears to be supplanted by the "Super" name which I don't think has appeared on Buicks since the 1950's (I could be VERY wrong with this but I can’t recall at the moment). I prefer “Ultra” as Buick’s performance trim over “Super” any day, but I’ll take almost anything as long as Buick continues to evolve and grow.

Don't be surprised, look for Super and Reserve trims down the road.

[post="30853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well... "Names" for trims are better than CX,CXL, CXS...

I'll have to sit back and see where this goes.

When was Reserve ever used? or is that one new?

I guess "Limited" and "Special" might be resurrected some day too.

Is GM trying to kill Buick? "Super" as a trim level is absolutely retarded. Fire whoever approved that! "Reserved"? WTF is that supposed to connote? Laid-back and dull? Or "Exclusively for you"? Seriously, CX and CXL over those two any day of the year, including February 29th.

Reserve makes me think of the Army and Navy, I don't think I like that too much. It also sounds like it's second rate. "Reserve" players in sports are the ones that aren't as good as the "starters." Super doesn't sound as bad, but I really don't like it much either.

I really like Limited -- Super. No. Reserve? No. Diamond series? Maybe. Platinum? Yes. Gimme different trim levels based on metals and jewels.. would love it. Platinum, diamond, gold, etc. That sounds kinda cool to me. So, anyway, I noticed the grille isn't chrome, but rather body-colored. If GM is indeed producing this high po LaCrosse with a sporty edge, a body-colored grille seems right up their alley--as they did with the Regal.

Did the exterior look refreshed in any way?  I mean, was the grille the same or did it take on more like the Lucerne's Velite-inspired grille?

[post="30810"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually I left that out it did have a velite grill on it....but the interior looked just like a CXS...

Thank you God! So... we can expect a refreshed exterior with a better looking nose, 6A and an available hi-po V8 engine for 2007. Now that should drum up some interest.

Reserve sounds so high-handed and pompous that I'd expect Land Rover to use it.

Limited
Ultra
T-Type

Are all undoubtedly better.

[post="30917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fly--you hit the nail on the head. I could actually imagine hearing LR (not a damn one I would ever buy), use that.

Empowah, I am so not a fan of Jaguar's looks. That's one of the problems I have with the headlight treatment of the LaCrosse. However, I can imagine that if this is real, it's going to look better than that.

Actually I left that out it did have a velite grill on it....but the interior looked just like a CXS...

[post="30897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Did you happen to notice if the center stack got any sort of change?

I'm going to be in the minority here... But I like Super as a trim level. Not as a car, but as a trim level that's great. It has Buick history to it, which is better than CXS CX or CXL and I think it really makes the car seem pretty great. Nobody else uses Super either so when you hear the "LaCrosse Super" you know it's a Buick. Other people used GS and LS and even Limited and Luxury. I think we can get used to Super as a trim package... especially if it's going to be as bad ass as it sounds. People will WANT a Super!

I'm going to be in the minority here...

But I like Super as a trim level. Not as a car, but as a trim level that's great. It has Buick history to it, which is better than CXS CX or CXL and I think it really makes the car seem pretty great.

Nobody else uses Super either so when you hear the "LaCrosse Super" you know it's a Buick. Other people used GS and LS and even Limited and Luxury. I think we can get used to Super as a trim package... especially if it's going to be as bad ass as it sounds. People will WANT a Super!

[post="30987"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Jaguar uses "Super V8." It's not plain "Super," but if its going to be used to designate a V8 model...

LaCrosse Super V8 Portfolio?

Oh, wait:

Jaguar uses "Super V8." It's not plain "Super," but if its going to be used to designate a V8 model...

[post="31012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh wow, I must've missed that. I didn't know that, but it's not that Buick is really stealing from Jaguar, they've had the name far before Jaguar did. I believe the first cars that weren't model numbers for Buick were Super and Special.

I like "Super" because there is some history there.  What about "Roadmaster" to designate the top model in each line?  It too has history and could no way be confused with anything else.

Does anyone know, historically, what was the higher trim line:  Super, Limited or Roadmaster?

[post="31112"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Riviera was actually one of the highest trimlines in history I believe.

I like "Super", it's a great name to ressurect. It's no surprise I love the idea of that name coming back when Croc hates it. :P

This chick's hot and she's beaming. (nippin')

Posted Image

I'd prefer that trim levels go away altogether, except for limited edition performance models like SS, GXP, V, etc. First off, it saves the cost of at least one badge for every model produced. Secondly, GM has a habit of shuffling trim designations year in, year out. Notice the various changes that happened to the Grand Prix line, the Malibu line, the Cobalt line, and the Impala/MC. This not only confuses customers, it can hurt resale value. For example, the cheapest Cobalt for '06 gets the LS designation. '05 cheapies had no trim designation. Now, if/when I decide to sell my loaded LS, it might be lumped in with future stripper Cobalts that have the LS designation.

Special, Super, S/R (from the 70's), and GS. Now that sounds like a luxurious lineup! Thanks for the ideas!

"Super" sucks, plain and simple.... "Ultra" was better (And great IMO) "Reserve" just sounds retarded. Buick: Little to no product, forgotten heritage and sponsor car for "Super!" GS and GSX would be EXCELLENT!!! I can see the media headlines now: "Buick Super....Not so SUPER" Or "Super, but not Excellent" etc.

it will have: LS4 5.3L V8 Super and Reserve will both be used. the lacrosse pictured in my previous post is described as a Buick LaCrosse Ultra by GM Media. this has been confirmed by another person....:ph34r: Edited by zoomtm