Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Heath Ledger is dead

jcgable

He was found in a New York apartment naked and surrounded by pills. It is believed that it is Mary Kate Olson's apartment.

Honestly, he was a part of my childhood. Most people my age agree that '10 Things I Hate About You' was one of those movies that "marked" our generation (like 16 Candles or 'The Breakfast club'). He truly was a great character actor. I never would have assumed I would feel like this, but I am really really crushed.

awww...nights tale.

:rotflmao:

:blink:

Maybe he liked the 'love scenes' more than he wanted to admit?

Guest YellowJacket894

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but does anyone else find it odd that he had portrayed a character that committed suicide in a movie (Monster's Ball) a few years before his actual suicide? What an odd example of life imitating art.

Edited by YellowJacket894

He was found in a New York apartment naked and surrounded by pills. It is believed that it is Mary Kate Olson's apartment.

Honestly, he was a part of my childhood. Most people my age agree that '10 Things I Hate About You' was one of those movies that "marked" our generation (like 16 Candles or 'The Breakfast club'). He truly was a great character actor. I never would have assumed I would feel like this, but I am really really crushed.

This saddens me! He was on a flight I took from LA to NY a year or so ago. We were both in 1st class, he was very gracious to the people that came up to him that wanted autographs and such. I thought that was very kind of him.

See I don't hate all things from OZ.

Saw this last night on Larry King right when I got home...shocked.

It's funny how earlier on, people really try and hold off on the speculation...but give it until morning, and even with no new information, they start throwing "Overdose...suicide...etc." out there. Understandable, and often the case, but I keep thinking this just wasn't it. Kind of like the pills. No different than anyone else who has prescriptions at home, but when the news hear's that, of course, they add "Strewn all over." I have an inkling the pneumonia had a big part in it.

He was a very shy guy, and didn't like interviews and publicity, so a lot of times THAT was the nervousness as far as the twitching, moving arms, etc. that people saw, especially recently.

We'll see. But what a loss, and it does seem to have come in three's...Brad Renfro, Suzanne Pleschette, and now Heath. It's the typical, in that regard, but all for different reasons.

This is shocking news and now The Dark Knight is probably going to take in even more money when it opens, Heath Ledger as the Joker, now dead, his final performance, plus it being a summer blockbuster. Heath has said doing the Joker took a big toll on him, and he had trouble sleeping, I'm leaning towards sleeping pills being the cause of death.

This is shocking news and now The Dark Knight is probably going to take in even more money when it opens, Heath Ledger as the Joker, now dead, his final performance, plus it being a summer blockbuster. Heath has said doing the Joker took a big toll on him, and he had trouble sleeping, I'm leaning towards sleeping pills being the cause of death.

Yeah, I wonder about the movies too...and I thought I remembered hearing he was shooting another?

That said, as it looks, it seems like a distinct possibility it was just a random chance where the sleeping pills plus another medication just multiplied each other, and things went dark. The coroner chatting on Fox News explained that on a show today, just discussing possibilities, and how some combinations of not even many pills (i.e. we're not talking handfuls) just work so negatively, this happens more than people think.

We'll see. In the meantime, best wishes to family, daughter, etc., and still a shock.

Just curious? What is 'your generation'?

I had barely even heard of this movie, and I'm 24.

I'm 20. I can't think of one of my friends who I haven't quoted a line of that move out of. My best friend Tina and I cracked a random joke using one last week. Again, I'm not saying it was a classic-I'm saying that it was a movie that held a lot of notoriety with many of those in my age bracket.

Yeah, I wonder about the movies too...and I thought I remembered hearing he was shooting another?

That said, as it looks, it seems like a distinct possibility it was just a random chance where the sleeping pills plus another medication just multiplied each other, and things went dark. The coroner chatting on Fox News explained that on a show today, just discussing possibilities, and how some combinations of not even many pills (i.e. we're not talking handfuls) just work so negatively, this happens more than people think.

We'll see. In the meantime, best wishes to family, daughter, etc., and still a shock.

This is true-the latest info from the coroners office is that it could have been accidental. I've dealt with ffar too much suicide for any lifetime (let alone my short one), so this makes me happy to hear.

Supposedly he had a massage therapist scheduled to meet with him later in the day; I don't think anybody would schedule such an appointment if they were intending to off themself. Didn't he have like severe pneumonia or something at the time?

I'm 20. I can't think of one of my friends who I haven't quoted a line of that move out of. My best friend Tina and I cracked a random joke using one last week. Again, I'm not saying it was a classic-I'm saying that it was a movie that held a lot of notoriety with many of those in my age bracket.

I'm 25 and I enjoy the heck out of that movie.

This is very sad news indeed...

He seemed to be one of the few new Hollywood stars with actual talent.