The Av is gone

K.C.

Wednesday I was involved in a pretty serious MVA. I won't go into details but the Av is probably totalled judging by what my son says it looks like. I have not seen the damage because I was unconscious when the paramedics pulled me out of the truck. I just got out of the hospital today with cuts to my face, head, arm, and left leg, bruises, abrasions from the air bags, and broken ribs. My son is here taking care of me while I am recovering. I just figured I would let everyone know since that seems to be part of the culture around here.

well, bless the fact that you are still part of our culture. Heal up and tell us about it when you are feeling ok. Sorry to hear of this and let's all hope and pray for a good recovery.

Thanks. I am in pain, but my brain is working (mostly). Appreciate the kind words Reg.

Wow KC, I'm sorry to hear this.

Glad you are recovering, and at home again.

Sounds like it was quite a wreck.

I know you were thinking of replacing the Avalanche, but that's one hell of a way to go about it.

I am glad to be home. I missed my dogs and thank God they were not with me when this happened. I have 3-5 weeks before the Acadia arrives. I "should not" drive for 1-2 months, so by the time I'm recommended to drive again, the Acadia will be here.

Glad to hear you are alright. Was anyone else with you at the time?

Thankfully, I was alone when going to meet an inspector about some land I am developing into residential properties. I usually have my dogs with me. This time I did not take them. I am glad I did not or they would probably be injured or dead.

Wow.That sucks....

I'm just glad that you are ok..that is what counts.

The Av did it's job......

Thanks. It sure did. I've yet to see it post accident. Worse yet, I don't know what other vehicles were involved. My memory before the accident in pretty vague.

Sorry to hear... Certainly no fun. If you need some Vicodin... :P

Damn that curse.

Thanks BV. Appreciate ya. I wouldn't call it a curse. I don't believe in that. It's just a shame.

Oh, and no thanks, I refuse to take vicodin or any other chemical medications unless unconscious and they are poked in me by nurses and doctors in an ER.

Wow, KC, sorry about this.

Good to see that you are at home and posting again, though.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january26*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL

"I'd try to run, but I don't think I can" ... Waylon Jennings ... 'Ain't Living Long Like This'

Wednesday I was involved in a pretty serious MVA. I won't go into details but the Av is probably totalled judging by what my son says it looks like. I have not seen the damage because I was unconscious when the paramedics pulled me out of the truck. I just got out of the hospital today with cuts to my face, head, arm, and left leg, bruises, abrasions from the air bags, and broken ribs. My son is here taking care of me while I am recovering. I just figured I would let everyone know since that seems to be part of the culture around here.

Wow, that's terrible, but at least you are "mostly" still in one piece. Not to make light of the situation, but what the hell is with everyone here getting into accidents?! I think I might just park my car and walk. :unsure:

Thankfully, I was alone when going to meet an inspector about some land I am developing into residential properties. I usually have my dogs with me. This time I did not take them. I am glad I did not or they would probably be injured or dead.

I have two yellow labs myself. I always drive grampa-style with them in the car because I would be heartbroken if something happened to them.

What kind of dogs do you have?

Wow, KC, sorry about this.

Good to see that you are at home and posting again, though.

CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january26*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL

"I'd try to run, but I don't think I can" ... Waylon Jennings ... 'Ain't Living Long Like This'

Thanks KF man. I appreciate your words. :)

Wow, that's terrible, but at least you are "mostly" still in one piece. Not to make light of the situation, but what the hell is with everyone here getting into accidents?! I think I might just park my car and walk. :unsure:

I have two yellow labs myself. I always drive grampa-style with them in the car because I would be heartbroken if something happened to them.

What kind of dogs do you have?

Hey Mak, thanks for the words. I have a Newfoundland Dog (Angus), a Bernese Mountain. Dog (Otto), and a St. Bernard who is new to the house named Lars. They are part of the family just like my kids.

Very sorry to hear about the accident, at least you're dogs weren't with you, you don't have life ethreatening injuries and your son is there to take care of you. Here's to a full and quick recovery.

Thanks Dodgefan. My son and daughter (and future daughter in law) have been wonderful.

Update

I got a copy of the accident report today. The accident I was involved in was caused when a vehicle in the next lane had a blow out and lost control. He slide into the Av and caused it to flip six or seven times. The two cars following me could not stop and collided with the Av as it rolled. My memory of the accident is still nonexistent.

Edited by K.C.

Update

I got a copy of the accident report today. The accident I was involved in was caused when a vehicle in the next lane had a blow out and lost control. He slide into the Av and caused it to flip six or seven times. The two cars following me could not stop and collided with the Av and it rolled. My memory of the accident is still nonexistent.

Wow..just wow.

If that was me in my Balt'-I'd be in some serious trouble....

In a way it is kinda good that you don't remember it. I don't think you would want to.

Wow K.C., I was wondering where were you. I hope you are ok.

Hey BTW, I took a kiss of CTC for you (It was a flying kiss) those bitches did not let me close.

I will upload the picture to make you feel better.

Thanks Smallchevy! If I can't do it I'm glad someone did. Too bad they didn't let you close to the car. I'm looking forward to the picture.

DodgeFan. I've not yet seen the Av yet. I may ride out with my Rock and his girlfriend tomorrow to clean the truck out. I had some stuff in the truck that I hope are still in it. Centrifugal force can be your friend, or it can be you enemy. We'll see she was my friend.

I went with Rock to clean out the Av today. I'm amazed that I survived this one. The roof looks like a tent with the driver's side headroom now being the roomiest (thank goodness). If my daughter had been with me she would not have made it. I am glad she had school that day. The side curtain air bags worked as intended. I felt them. They feel like nylon to me. The front air bags also blew. All of the axles are broken and its just a mess. I am now hoping to get my ribs back into one piece again without puncturing any vital organs and get the insurance squared away and move on with life.

Thanks for your support everyone.

Holy cow, KC....that sounds like a horrific collision, especially the cause and the way it happened....

Thoughts/prayers continuing for ya, of course.

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I hope I'm a little bit stronger" ... KT Oslin ... 'Come Next Monday'

I went with Rock to clean out the Av today. I'm amazed that I survived this one. The roof looks like a tent with the driver's side headroom now being the roomiest (thank goodness). If my daughter had been with me she would not have made it. I am glad she had school that day. The side curtain air bags worked as intended. I felt them. They feel like nylon to me. The front air bags also blew. All of the axles are broken and its just a mess. I am now hoping to get my ribs back into one piece again without puncturing any vital organs and get the insurance squared away and move on with life.

Thanks for your support everyone.

Wow.

I'm still glad you are okay...

I had a good friend get killed when a drunk driver flipped his Silverado...Killed his whole family (wife and little one on the way)

That still hasn't healed.... :(

God bless side air bags......

K.C., you will be in my prayers tonight. I'm hoping that your recovery will be quick and that you'll be back in normal working order in no time. The Av may be gone, but it held up just enough so that you could make it out alive.

Thanks GMTG. I appreciate ya.

I feel badly for saying bad things about the Av recently. I was tired of it and wanting something more efficient, but in the end, I am glad that I did have it and I do think it saved my life.